• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Experimenting with different glass. This one is currently winning out to 30yds. I’ve got aging eyes and this Athlon prism is super simple. Zero parallax to mess with. The TX200HC’s accuracy is amazing.
View attachment 372681
Are these springer rated?
I love the TX200. Great rifle. I have yet to shoot an HW98 though.
The 98 is easy and accurate. Crow
I have a 2004 R11/HW98 that I also really like. I have it apart right now waiting on a Vortek PG4 tune up kit. I like shooting the TX better.....but we'll see when I get the kit installed this weekend.
( just put the Vortec in mine and amazed. No piston seal yet. Can’t wait. Crow

Winchester 1000 .177 springer. The range finally quieted down about 1:30 so I had a chance to check my 25 yard zero, I fired two five shot groups at 2 inch orange dots using a 4 power scope. I think I did well enough to begin working on the critters on my acreage.

Air Gun 1.jpg

Air Gun 2.jpg

Winchester 1000 .177 springer. The range finally quieted down about 1:30 so I had a chance to check my 25 yard zero, I fired two five shot groups at 2 inch orange dots using a 4 power scope. I think I did well enough to begin working on the critters on my acreage.

View attachment 372797

View attachment 372798
6 9 and 12……pretty cool if you planned it! Good shootin’ even if you didn’t 😎

I was shooting the TX200 MKIII at 100-yards again. It was windy but still seemingly inconsistent. Some spring noise as well. It felt like I had a leaking breech seal (o-ring). The condensation may have messed with lube this last month. So it was not great.

When I got back home I chronographed it. It was jumping between to speeds about 30 fps apart. I did a relube installed a new breech seals. It jumped to low 900's and was under 7fps ES on 5 shots. So I maybe got it.

Seems like every 2000 pellet I am replacing a breech seal. It makes me think the cocking shoe is worn.

20230714_194027.jpg20230714_194018.jpg20230714_194009.jpg

View attachment 372797

View attachment 372798
Critters are going to be sorry. Crow
I was shooting the TX200 MKIII at 100-yards again. It was windy but still seemingly inconsistent. Some spring noise as well. It felt like I had a leaking breech seal (o-ring). The condensation may have messed with lube this last month. So it was not great.

When I got back home I chronographed it. It was jumping between to speeds about 30 fps apart. I did a relube installed a new breech seals. It jumped to low 900's and was under 7fps ES on 5 shots. So I maybe got it.

Seems like every 2000 pellet I am replacing a breech seal. It makes me think the cocking shoe is worn.

View attachment 372806View attachment 372807View attachment 372808
Still decent shooting. Crow

Reactions: drpietrzak
Pored here as well, good for me. Rain means shooting. Crow
Just got back from cabin. Shot the 130QE and used up the co2 in the XS60C and the 38C

Some pictures from some several hikes. A little fall scouting.

View attachment 372959

View attachment 372960

View attachment 372961

View attachment 372962

View attachment 372963

View attachment 372964

View attachment 372965
Sweet. Looks like old growth. Great guns. Thanks for pics. Crow

This afternoon I shot a HW95 .177.
IMG_6284.jpeg
Super happy with this puppy. And next up a first cousin a R9 .20. This gun smokes. Always making its mark. I don’t know what it is, the .20 cal. seems easire to shoot.
IMG_6285.jpeg
Can’t wait to get a spring in this one.
I was caught a bit off guard with the HW35e .177. Man did it perform, had to be the competition.
IMG_6287.jpeg
Couldn’t miss up to 35 yds. Heavy rain, great day. Crow

IMG_6285.jpeg

This afternoon I shot a HW95 .177. View attachment 373110Super happy with this puppy. And next up a first cousin a R9 .20. This gun smokes. Always making its mark. I don’t know what it is, the .20 cal. seems easire to shoot.View attachment 373118Can’t wait to get a spring in this one.
I was caught a bit off guard with the HW35e .177. Man did it perform, had to be the competition. View attachment 373119Couldn’t miss up to 35 yds. Heavy rain, great day. Crow

View attachment 373111
You’ve done it again . Another great showing. Thank you !

Well, I set out to do some 10 meter practice this morning with the Diana 75 T01. I crank it, load a pellet, close it, on target, squeeze. There's an odd sounding pop and no hole in the target. Check the bore to see if the pellet is stuck, and it's clear. I fire another pellet and watch as it arcs downward and plops into the ground about 5 meters out.

I knew the day would come when I would need to install new seals, so I already have what I need to get her running again. However, I've never worked on a 75, or any Giss system gun for that matter. I have the factory service manual and a bunch of other 75 maintenance tutorial material. Gotta put my (retired) Gunsmith cap on and dig in. Should be an interesting project.

DSC01657 3.JPG

Click the schematic and have a look. It's not complicated at all, and if you believe that, I also have some oceanfront property in Arizona I'd
like to sell...

LOL!

75tt.gif

Last edited:
Love bad weather. Got a morning shoot in with 3 gems, all 77’s. First off .25 cal. This gun is already a legend on my range. 25-25 yds. is a joke for this rifle. Put a spring in it I’ll have to put it in a glass case. This is the only short barrel of the 3. Of the 3 cal. this one rocks the spinners the most.
IMG_6290.jpeg
I wouldn’t want to follow behind this one.
So out comes .22 cal. long. Same deal. Dead nuts on.
IMG_6291.jpeg
It’s like these guns are programmed to not miss. Really amazed at the accuracy of these guns which areall stock.
Finally the 77 special .177. Ditto. These 3 are Hall of Famers.
IMG_6292.jpeg
Real pleasure to shoot all 3. One of these may see a peep sight soon. Great way to start a day. Crow

Well, I set out to do some 10 meter practice this morning with the Diana 75 T01. I crank it, load a pellet, close it, on target, squeeze. There's a pop but no hole in the target. Check the bore to see if the pellet is stuck, and it's clear. I fire another pellet and watch as it arcs downward and plops into the ground about 5 meters out.

I knew the day would come when I would need to install new seals, so I already have what I need to get her running again. I've never worked on a 75, or any Giss system gun for that matter. I have the factory service manual and a bunch of other 75 maintenance tutorial material. Gotta put my (retired) Gunsmith cap on and dig in. Should be an interesting project.

View attachment 373220

Click the schematic and have a look. It's not complicated at all! I also have some oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell...

LOL!

View attachment 373224
Not familiar. That’s a gorgeous rifle. Now I have to ask.
Are there any plastic parts? Muzzle end or safety housing?
Thanks for showing. Crow

Not familiar. That’s a gorgeous rifle. Now I have to ask.
Are there any plastic parts? Muzzle end or safety housing?
Thanks for showing. Crow
It has a plastic outer barrel sleeve, but the weights in front of it are steel as is the end piece that surrounds the front sight mount. To the best of my knowledge, there was an optional steel sleeve but I'm glad mine is plastic, as the rifle weighs as much as a Diana 48/52. The Trigger shoe is plastic but the trigger itself is aluminum. It doesn't have a manual safety but the ratchet anti-beartrap safety mechanism is all steel as are all the other internals. Some of the stock hardware is plastic, the triggerguard and the buttstock spacers.

The really interesting parts are the rack and pinion gears and counter-piston that make it a recoiless springer.

ETA: Unrelated to the Diana 75. The day of pesting at my Brother-in-Law's farm I spoke of upthread was productive. 14 red squirrels with the D48 and HW98 at ranges from 20 to 50 yards. Took 4 whistle pigs with the powder burners at 150-170 yards. All were solid quick kills.

Last edited:
It has a plastic outer barrel sleeve, but the weights in front of it are steel as is the end piece that surrounds the front sight mount. To the best of my knowledge, there was an optional steel sleeve but I'm glad mine is plastic, as the rifle weighs as much as a Diana 48/52. The Trigger shoe is plastic but the trigger itself is aluminum. It doesn't have a manual safety but the ratchet anti-beartrap safety mechanism is all steel as are all the other internals. Some of the stock hardware is plastic, the triggerguard and the buttstock spacers.

The really interesting parts are the rack and pinion gears and counter-piston that make it a recoiless springer.

ETA: Unrelated to the Diana 75. The day of pesting at my Brother-in-Law's farm I spoke of upthread was productive. 14 red squirrels with the D48 and HW98 at ranges from 20 to 50 yards. Took 4 whistle pigs with the powder burners at 150-170 yards. All were solid quick kills.
Thanks for responding. I knew they were capable of building gems like your 75. Too bad they lost that art.
Again beautiful rifle. Crow