• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Russia has restrictions on owning airguns over 3J, 7.5J and 25J, so russian shooters often change different springs on their rifles to avoid being arrested by the police. The second case is that Izh-60/61 rifles are often used to teach children to shoot, so there's large shotsand since spare parts for russian weapons are in short supply even in russia itself, the owners prefer to have a spare spring in case they need it. And in the standard kit there are no half-dozen magazines, only two or three.

That makes sense. Thank you for the info! That also explains why there was a small bag containing two magazines, and a separate bag with 4 mags. Previous owner must have bought the extra 4 separately and just left them in their original bag. Although it's a bit small for me, it's a good shooting little gun. I think it will make a good 2nd air rifle for my grandson when the time comes. I'll get him started with the simpler Daisy 499B first.

Last edited:
Heading out this afternoon to my Brother-in-Law's farm to do some pest control. It's 160 acres, so there's a lot of ground to cover. More than you can do in one day. For squirrels and other similar sized rodents, I like the .177 Diana 48 and .22 HW98. I'm comfortable taking squirrels and anything smaller while getting a clean kill out to around 60 yards with either rifle. BiL has gotten good with my 48, so the 98, which is set up for me anyway, will be mine. The 98 has a Hawke 2-7 and the 48 has a Hawke fixed 4X, both with AO and Mil-Dot reticles. I added a much needed sling to the 48.

However, the whistle pigs are skittish and are all 100 yard plus shots, so that's where we burn some powder. My .223 AR and his Sako bolt action in the same caliber do the job well out to around 300yds. Much of it can be made into decent stew meat. What doesn't end up in the floor freezer will end up being a snack for the local predators, which are mostly black bears, foxes, and the occasional ermine. Nothing goes to waste.

pairguns.JPG

trioguns.JPG

Last edited:
Heading out this afternoon to my Brother-in-Law's farm to do some pest control. It's 160 acres, so there's a lot of ground to cover. More than you can do in one day. For squirrels and other similar sized rodents, I like the .177 Diana 48 and .22 HW98. I'm comfortable taking squirrels and anything smaller while getting a clean kill out to around 60 yards with either rifle. BiL has gotten good with my 48, so the 98, which is set up for me anyway, will be mine. The 98 has a Hawke 2-7 and the 48 has a Hawke fixed 4X, both with AO and Mil-Dot reticles. I added a much needed sling to the 48.

However, the whistle pigs are skittish and are all 100 yard plus shots, so that's where we burn some powder. My .223 AR and his Sako bolt action in the same caliber do the job well out to around 300yds. Much of it can be made into decent stew meat. What doesn't end up in the floor freezer will end up being a snack for the local predators, which are mostly black bears, foxes, and the occasional ermine. Nothing goes to waste.

View attachment 371887

View attachment 371888
Good call on the sling. Couldn’t imagine carring the 48 without one. Noe the 98 is a beautiful hunting rifle. One of my favorite guns. Good luck. Crow
Burgo HW50 from 1954, and HW50S from 1965, off rest at 20 yards. No dovetail on the Burgo, Beeman-View attachment 371909View attachment 371910View attachment 371911Williams peep on the 50S

Awesome rifles. Love the stock on the lower one. Thanks for showing. Crow

Reactions: drpietrzak
Took two twins out for an experience. A 97kl .177 and a 97black stainless in .22.
Real time just watching guy pull in a Muskie in front of my shack and in the pouring rain.
These 97’s cease to amaze me. Blackie here despises tree rats.
IMG_6254.jpeg
No extra spring, stock and hungry.
The next is a 97kl .177. The L is for laser
IMG_6249.jpeg
Tried posting earlier but pic wouldn’t work. Two great guns. Crow

would have been a bigger Muskie if it was raining AND 37 degrees .

Today was spinners day , started with HW77 .22 then HW97k .177 , next up was HW35 .177 and last was HW 55 .177 I bought it @ Hickory show with a leupold 4x14 scope (no focus ) bought it that way and part of the lock lever is filed away to miss the scope .
The spinners ar mounted vertically on a single pole @ 46 yards . Da#@ that 55 is sweet 😉😉😉😉😉

Today was spinners day , started with HW77 .22 then HW97k .177 , next up was HW35 .177 and last was HW 55 .177 I bought it @ Hickory show with a leupold 4x14 scope (no focus ) bought it that way and part of the lock lever is filed away to miss the scope .
The spinners ar mounted vertically on a single pole @ 46 yards . Da#@ that 55 is sweet 😉😉😉😉😉
Where's the muskie? BB guns pale to muskies in my book

Can’t imagine it bigger than this one. I’ve got one I’ve latched on to 3 times over two years, always no leader cause I’m after the Bass. I’ve never lost a fish to the net. Got this Muskie in the net and a big net. Well I could only get 2 feet of this monster in the net, way more hanging out. Lost him. Now have a net you can get 4 small bodies in it, never again. This was 2 years ago. He’s still in there. Mini sub.
How’s your 77 working out? Crow
Where's the muskie? BB guns pale to muskies in my book
I’m on a Muskie lake. One above mentioned well over 4 ft. Always boats trolling out front. Always guys from Ohio in the fall.
I get them on line
At the cabin this morning. Hatsan 130QE .30 5 shots off sticks 70 yards open sights.

View attachment 372462

View attachment 372463

View attachment 372464

by mistake with no leader, see ya. I’ve lost 3 lures in over 30 yrs. all taken by that one monster. He’s still in there. Crow
At the cabin this morning. Hatsan 130QE .30 5 shots off sticks 70 yards open sights.

View attachment 372462

View attachment 372463
Wicked shooting with that cannon. Crow

Can’t imagine it bigger than this one. I’ve got one I’ve latched on to 3 times over two years, always no leader cause I’m after the Bass. I’ve never lost a fish to the net. Got this Muskie in the net and a big net. Well I could only get 2 feet of this monster in the net, way more hanging out. Lost him. Now have a net you can get 4 small bodies in it, never again. This was 2 years ago. He’s still in there. Mini sub.

I’m on a Muskie lake. One above mentioned well over 4 ft. Always boats trolling out front. Always guys from Ohio in the fall.
I get them on line

by mistake with no leader, see ya. I’ve lost 3 lures in over 30 yrs. all taken by that one monster. He’s still in there. Crow

This .22 77 is very accurate , repeatable . it was tuned @ 11.2 FPE i was shooting a 1/2 inch spinner @ 40 yards hitting 5 out of 6 times using Norma match wadcutters 14 GR.

edit fat finger typing 76 haha really 6

I get them on line

Some vertical stringing, but not bad.

Shot my HW98 .22View attachment 371800Thought I was dreaming, but it was real. This gun is amazing. Vortek spring equipped. One of my favorites. So easy to use.
Also a TX200 hunter again .22 cal. Accurate gun. Only problem is releasing the cocking arm from lock. I find it hard on finger tips. Like the push button on 77-97‘s gun.View attachment 371802These guns are flawless as far as build goes. Crow
I love the TX200. Great rifle. I have yet to shoot an HW98 though.