• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

I’ve been trying to decide between HW 95 and HW 85 what are your thoughts Crow?
I saw you were looking for a rear sight for a HW77. I tried to respond to your classified and am unable to PM you. I will search my inventory if you can verify you are looking for a dovetail sight or barrel mounted version. Also if you have a picture of exactly what you are looking for it would help. you can respond [email protected]. Have a great day. Tony V McDaniel

Actually shot two today. First was my 35e with a "deluxe" Anschutz diopter with anti glare tube that I recently got from Bear-of-Grayling. That sight combo, and I had added a rear anti glare tube 35mm with a Gehmann 510 iris looked rather big so I first tried to switch the Anschutz anti glare tube to another on my HW 77, but it did not accept front tubes, so just swapped sights and re zeroed both. Suprisingly even with changing sights gun to gun they were relatively well zeroed, minute of soda can at about 15 yards, but got the targets out and dialed them in. I got some anti glare tubes from Champions choice so I could move the sight body forward on the dovetail grooves, so the clamping knobs would not be too close to the safety, plus they put the actual iris closer to my eye, increasing sight radius a little. Seems to work fine. Temperature is a little warm, very low 90's today and humidity relatively low for here but it takes me no time wo work up a sweat so shoot a little, go in and cool off then back out.
I’m glad you got the Diopter’s, I was interested but not to use immediately. I think they are so cool looking. I’ll keep my eyes open for a set. Have enough to keep me busy. Enjoy Crow
Motorhead tuned D460 .22, 14.6gr FTTs, fox squirrel, 40yd. heart/lung shot. This rifle is only limited by my mediocre skills, it's a lazer.
You have some nice guns. I should feel sorry for the squirrel but I don’t. “He got more than he deserved.” I have the same issues with my rifles. They always want to hit bullseye, they leave it up to me. Crow

UncleB 1/2 dozen to one 6 to the other. They are both the same power plant. I think the difference is in barrel length. The 95 is by far more popular as well the R9 (step brother). They are all no problem to jack, the 85 is the easiest. If hunting the 85 would be a disadvantage. If plinking either will do. I believe the HW98 is the same power plant. To complicate things my choice. I like the bull barrel (looks) and the feel of the stock. All guns can out shoot me. Their all a treat. Crow

Took a 95 and a 85 each in .177 and .22. out this afternoon. 2CD2C8A7-90EB-478C-844F-A42C2D22CE5C.jpeg This is the 95 .22 @ 30yds.B224AC2F-7561-4B44-8CAD-883DB6A99D92.jpeg 5 shots. JSB 15.89. 7E869751-AE9D-4F96-977E-78091A2576E9.jpeg The 85 .22, same 30 yds. 5 shots. 4972233E-2A2E-44FA-A3CF-A18AFEE258F1.jpeg I have to say the 85 .22 really shined today.
You can’t go wrong with either. If any questions you can PM me. Good luck Crow

Reactions: UncleB
I've had this gun for a 18 months and between moving out of state and it being in storage not to mention me having a bilateral stroke 6 months ago I've only recently got to shoot it, except for 1 shot with the guy I bought it from. This Theoben Evolution with a walnut stock in .177 was reported to be a good shooter. It took a few minutes to figure out the trigger and how it liked to be held but finally got it dialed in and printed a 10 shot group off my knee at 24 yards. This Evo is tuned to 800 fps with the JSB 8.44s. I'm posting my target board I used for this shoot and thought 10 in the square was a good place to stop, easy to cock with a sweet shot cycle...classy little gun that's fun to shoot!
20220907_140947.jpg
20220907_135031.jpg
20220907_140931.jpg
20220907_134914.jpg

B884211D-998C-4E63-8EC5-C94D0151E444_1_201_a.jpeg
tempImagewyJJKo.png

It took a second try but I was able to just barely pass the 10 dimes challenge at 25 yards this evening. It's harder than I expected! This requires a lot of concentration and patience. The first try was with Barracuda Match 10.65 in 4.52 head size and it just wasn't coming together so I switched to F+T Trophys in 4.51 head size which improved accuracy substantially which actually surprised me. My theory is that the decreased dwell time of the lighter and smaller pellet must benefit accuracy. Time to try some slugs to see if this is the case.

I've had this gun for a 18 months and between moving out of state and it being in storage not to mention me having a bilateral stroke 6 months ago I've only recently got to shoot it, except for 1 shot with the guy I bought it from. This Theoben Evolution with a walnut stock in .177 was reported to be a good shooter. It took a few minutes to figure out the trigger and how it liked to be held but finally got it dialed in and printed a 10 shot group off my knee at 24 yards. This Evo is tuned to 800 fps with the JSB 8.44s. I'm posting my target board I used for this shoot and thought 10 in the square was a good place to stop, easy to cock with a sweet shot cycle...classy little gun that's fun to shoot!View attachment 288286View attachment 288290View attachment 288287View attachment 288288
Before my time. Beautiful rifle, and the silencer looks deadly. Enjoy Crow
View attachment 288335View attachment 288334
It took a second try but I was able to just barely pass the 10 dimes challenge at 25 yards this evening. It's harder than I expected! This requires a lot of concentration and patience. The first try was with Barracuda Match 10.65 in 4.52 head size and it just wasn't coming together so I switched to F+T Trophys in 4.51 head size which improved accuracy substantially which actually surprised me. My theory is that the decreased dwell time of the lighter and smaller pellet must benefit accuracy. Time to try some slugs to see if this is the case.
I’ve read a few times where guy’s measure the heads of pellets. Thinking I’m not doing that. I can see it making a differenc. That shot that drops perhaps.
You have a sweet silencer, looks good. Nice shooting. Crow
Took my hw30 and 6 month old Jack Russell pup for a walk this evening. The little rifle provided the pup her 4th grey squirrel....
Flintlock lucky to have a hunting companion and already showing promise.
The HW30 has to be the most universal rifle on the market. Works of art. Crow

Reactions: Flintlock
My LGV Challenger Ultra .177, RWS Supermag 9.3gr wadcutters. Just shot once at a garden raiding pest, that was enough. The rifle shoots these Supermag's at distance (+25yrds) really well. But then again, it shoots just about anything really well.
Your lucky to have a LGV. Hopefully I will get one some day. I was fortunate to buy the last Walther in Canada the LGU Varmint.22. One of my favourites. A flawless gun. Enjoy your LGV. Crow

Shot my old FWB 124 this afternoon. I bought it from the old Air RIfle Headquarters in W.Va. back in early 1975. I had seen a break barrel springer in a NATO Rod and Gun club in Izmir, Turkey when I was stationed there 1972-74. Everyone was cocking and dry firing it so I passed on purchasing one and did not want to order another as I had no idea how thee Turks working there would handle it before I got it. Just a gut feeling on my part, as at the time I knew nothing about them, and especially that dry firing was harmful to seals and springs.

Busy day today! Shot the synthetic HW30, then the 12 fpe TX200, then the 16 fpe .177 HW95 and finished off with the 18 fpe .20 HW95. Windy as hell today, spinners were next to impossible. Luckily had a full line up of cans to provide better targets. The TX200 was the winner today. Tom Gore from Vortek did an excellent job. The shot cycle is perfect. Previously the shot cycle was very abrupt and the rifle jumped around. 17 fpe with Baracuda Match .177. Now, there is a gentle thump and that is it.

Reactions: crowski
Shot my HW97 K .177 caliber at 50 yards today using JCB 10.34 grain. Had some good groups but my shooting at 75 years old is not very good. Plan to shorten the the second stage of the trigger this weekend and try again next week.
You have a 97 and your shooting, that’s all that counts. Enjoy Crow
Shot my old FWB 124 this afternoon. I bought it from the old Air RIfle Headquarters in W.Va. back in early 1975. I had seen a break barrel springer in a NATO Rod and Gun club in Izmir, Turkey when I was stationed there 1972-74. Everyone was cocking and dry firing it so I passed on purchasing one and did not want to order another as I had no idea how thee Turks working there would handle it before I got it. Just a gut feeling on my part, as at the time I knew nothing about them, and especially that dry firing was harmful to seals and springs.
Awesome place to visit been there at six or seven times.
go with your gut feeling. Crow
shooting my HW97K 10 yard under deck range View attachment 288827just a quicky short time before dinner
Nice shooting you can almost reuse your targets. Crow
Busy day today! Shot the synthetic HW30, then the 12 fpe TX200, then the 16 fpe .177 HW95 and finished off with the 18 fpe .20 HW95. Windy as hell today, spinners were next to impossible. Luckily had a full line up of cans to provide better targets. The TX200 was the winner today. Tom Gore from Vortek did an excellent job. The shot cycle is perfect. Previously the shot cycle was very abrupt and the rifle jumped around. 17 fpe with Baracuda Match .177. Now, there is a gentle thump and that is it.
Sounds like a great day. Nothing wrong with a smorgasbord of rifles to shoot. Crow

I've had this gun for a 18 months and between moving out of state and it being in storage not to mention me having a bilateral stroke 6 months ago I've only recently got to shoot it, except for 1 shot with the guy I bought it from. This Theoben Evolution with a walnut stock in .177 was reported to be a good shooter. It took a few minutes to figure out the trigger and how it liked to be held but finally got it dialed in and printed a 10 shot group off my knee at 24 yards. This Evo is tuned to 800 fps with the JSB 8.44s. I'm posting my target board I used for this shoot and thought 10 in the square was a good place to stop, easy to cock with a sweet shot cycle...classy little gun that's fun to shoot!View attachment 288286View attachment 288290View attachment 288287View attachment 288288
Some fine shooting there Russell! Can't wait for our weather here in NC to cool down and dry out a little so I can get out for a shooting session.

That’s the PreciHole Sports Athena (Nitro-Piston) in .177 20J, dead-accurate at 50m dumping ~10FPE.
It’s my Kid-time Nostalgia Caller when I used to pull out (sneakily) my Dad’s Diana 350 .22 and was barely able to load it with all my body weight… used to pass-through banana trunks all the shots I could, and finding a shot pellet and be able to reuse felt an achievement, kindda…
D88E7917-8737-4568-A975-8D6C5F3AD6FA.png

Reactions: crowski and Zut