• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Started the day having to let my Shiba Inu go, 3 weeks shy of 17 years. Only downside to having dogs I’m aware of. Then home and worked all day. Some much needed airgun therapy with .22 Crosman Custom Shop 2300 and .22 HW95. Mostly standing shooting spinners and Cooper the Squirrel at 15 and 20 yards. This 95 is still probably at the top of my if you could only have one list. Accurate, powerful, simple. Great all around gun for me. I like the HW50 a lot but prefer the size and power bump.I’m a little bigger than average and the extra weight doesn’t bother me. Ended up putting up a table and shooting off my elbows at 20 yards at the little chalk pieces left from this weekend. Cleaned them all. Brewski would be proud.

20230614_201011_resized.jpeg

Shot my FWB 65 today, just back from getting new spring and seals!View attachment 364644
I had to check, the grip is different for mine. I like yours big time. Mine is comfortable but looks like blocks of wood.
today i shot FWB SSP 600 , FTT 8.64 @ 50 feet target . dead calm then a View attachment 364632 sudden gust and back again .
Nice shooting. I’d be trying to hit the page with no scope. Crow
These where already out. So shot them.

View attachment 364571
Always an easy decision. Crow
I spent the morning shooting my old Diana 75 T01, and my new .177 48 T06.

View attachment 364544
Very nice guns. They look mint. CrowYo
This evening fed the horse and took out the Daisy Buzz Barton 195

View attachment 364371

View attachment 364372

View attachment 364373
You have some classics. Thanks for sharing. Crow
HW50s 177cal same target same distance as above. Shooting 7.9 crosman hollow point. I think I’ll sight her in with the 7+ gr JSB an try that again in case this get ask it’s 50 yards View attachment 364318View attachment 364320View attachment 364321 the scope is a hawke 3x9x40 Air max the scope is mounted on a 11mm to Picatinny droop compensator .025 then 2 utg picatinny to 1 inch tube
Nice shooting with a great rifle. Crow

Reactions: Northwoods22
Nice showing. I to have a 48. Can you tell me about your barrel on yours. looks cool ! 😀

I figured since I was going with a scope, I'd pull the iron sights off the gun to give it a more streamlined look. The gadget on the muzzle is an old steel Dianawerk muzzle weight meant for an optics only gun. It was made specifically for the 48/52. Covers and protects the muzzle and keeps the barrel liner and sleeve from working loose. And it looks cool. I also made up a pair of 5-40 plug screws to fill the holes where the rear sight screws were.

I had the muzzle weight and an RWS/Diana adjustable steel "C" scope mount/rings kicking around in the parts drawer for years, figured it was about time to put them to use. As good an excuse as any to buy another rifle. As far as I know the weight and mount are no longer made.

DSC01653 copy 2.JPG DSC01649 2.JPG

Reactions: crowski
I figured since I was going with a scope, I'd pull the iron sights off the gun to give it a more streamlined look. The gadget on the muzzle is an old steel Dianawerk muzzle weight meant for an optics only gun. It was made specifically for the 48/52. Covers and protects the muzzle and keeps the barrel liner and sleeve from working loose. And it looks cool. I also made up a pair of 5-40 plug screws to fill the holes where the rear sight screws were.

I had the muzzle weight and an RWS/Diana adjustable steel "C" scope mount/rings kicking around in the parts drawer for years, figured it was about time to put them to use. As good an excuse as any to buy another rifle. As far as I know the weight and mount are no longer made.

View attachment 364738 View attachment 364739
Thank you 🙂. I found this on Air rifle headquarters I’m gonna have to take my sight
ACB8F259-9F17-4433-81CA-1EE8870C02E7.png

Started the day having to let my Shiba Inu go, 3 weeks shy of 17 years. Only downside to having dogs I’m aware of. Then home and worked all day. Some much needed airgun therapy with .22 Crosman Custom Shop 2300 and .22 HW95. Mostly standing shooting spinners and Cooper the Squirrel at 15 and 20 yards. This 95 is still probably at the top of my if you could only have one list. Accurate, powerful, simple. Great all around gun for me. I like the HW50 a lot but prefer the size and power bump.I’m a little bigger than average and the extra weight doesn’t bother me. Ended up putting up a table and shooting off my elbows at 20 yards at the little chalk pieces left from this weekend. Cleaned them all. Brewski would be proud.

View attachment 364655

I lost a friend too this week. Big old Norwegian Forest Cat I had for 19 years. That would make her 92 in human years. That's a pretty good run.

Been doing some airgun therapy as well. Took the .177 HW50S and .22 HW98 out for some plinking this morning. If I had to keep just one gun, it would be the 98.

HW-98-50s.JPG

View attachment 364655Sorry for your loss.
Great guns. What a vicious circle those pistols can become. Cool scope on it. Crow
I lost a friend too this week. Big old Norwegian Forest Cat I had for 19 years. That would make her 92 in human years. That's a pretty good run.

Been doing some airgun therapy as well. Took the .177 HW50S and .22 HW98 out for some plinking this morning. If I had to keep just one gun, it would be the 98.

View attachment 364820
Sorry for your loss. I agree 98’s rule. Nice guns. Crow
Just overhauled / serviced and shot an original Robert Law ( Pre-Beeman ) FWB 124 Sporter ... Sweet !!
I’m not familiar, but eager to read to catch up.
You must have come across a lot of decent rifles over the years. Would be awesome.
Did the 124 sport evolve from the 124 Sporter?
Crow

Shot my FWB 65 today, just back from getting new spring and seals!View attachment 364644
Beautiful wood in those grips. Mine are quite a bit darker. I had David Slade reseal and respring it a month or so ago. I also have a FWB 80 with the more formal target grips, and actually like those on the 65 better. Looking at that target I assume you were shooting quick draw from the hip! Just kidding. Even though I have several different super accurate handguns, I find as I get older I get more pleasure shooting soda cans than targets, just something satisfying about seeing them jump when hit.

Reactions: crowski and bf1956
Just overhauled / serviced and shot an original Robert Law ( Pre-Beeman ) FWB 124 Sporter ... Sweet !!
That's the vintage of mine, I had just gotten back from a tour in Turkey with the USAF in late '74, got my FWB 124d in early 75. I think about 1-2 years after I got it I put a Willams receiver sight on it, and that improved my shooting with it, then a few years later one of the Beeman Blue Ribbon 3-9x scopes that stayed on it until about two years ago when I went back to the receiver sight, It handles better, quicker and shooting offhand I hit just as well as with the scope.

View attachment 364820
Sorry to hear. That’s what I keep thinking, he had a heckuva run. Nice pair of rifles. I like my 95 so much I keep thinking about a 98.

I’m not familiar, but eager to read to catch up.
You must have come across a lot of decent rifles over the years. Would be awesome.
Did the 124 sport evolve from the 124 Sporter?
Crow
124 sport / sporter ... same model pending STD or DX status that varies a few model adornment points ;)

HW50S in .20 caliber! Charles
How do you like your .20? I just got one recently but no time for it right now. Crow
I have been pulling some airguns out of my collection that I haven't shot in a year or so. Today I pulled out two old Webleys, my .177 Hawk, and one of my favorites, and the sidelever Osprey also in .177. Really enjoyed the Osprey, love the sidelever Webleys.

View attachment 365124
Not familiar with the Webley’s. Read nothing but good about them. Thanks for sharing. Crow

Reactions: Frogy