• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

...best and worst from the late '50's early '60's? Anschutz 220, and Falke 40. Falke a copy of an early Diana, poor sights, a "boys rifle", hard to know how accurate with the sights, only a rifled brass tube enclosed in a pressed steel barrel cover, horrible trigger but maybe best for a child?..OK to shoot it a few times then go back to the 220!..

View attachment 287472
Very nice and lucky to own either. I like the Diopter’s and those look serious. Enjoy Crow

Reactions: drpietrzak
Every time I shoot a 30 or 50 they amaze me. So today here’s my lineup
HW30 .177, R7 .177, HW30 .22, HW50 .177, HW50 Black .177 and HW50 .22. ADEEA375-1C65-4750-A7C6-A3785EB6A433.jpeg I wish I could perform like any of these.
I have a watermelon cut in half below my targets at 25 yds. so I can see the surface, my fly and wasp lure. One of my favourite targets, call it payback.
These guns are a treat to shoot,and for an encore I pulled out the HW50 .22. There is nothing wrong with it, it’s perfect. I really like the way it shoots. Effortless and accurate.22D85E1E-B865-45D8-8498-6FF110545403.jpeg Crow

Today it was the Isaazon B3.
20220904_194248.jpg

This is my "free" gun. I had a ton of leftover gift cards and Amazon cards with a few bucks each left on them.
I added up all the change and it came out to $75. We'll at that time this rifle with tax and shipping totalled $74.85, so I took it as a signal from the universe and I'm glad I did. For being a Chinese pice of mass production it actually shoots quite well. It's not weak and it's reasonably accurate.

Today I shot my 22 cal Benjamin Titan using FTT’s at 30 metres. The first target of two 5 shot groups is with my made in China UTG 4*32 wide angle scope. The reticle is very thick which makes the half inch target very hard to see. Good enough for hunting as you have a bigger target but hopeless for me for paper punching.

The second target of 13 shots, 3 zeroing and 10 shots above the bull is with my Hawke Airmax 2*7*32. Much better as I had 10 shots in a half inch circle. It really is an accurate big box toy.
Gary
B1D027F9-8C8B-499C-A452-AEC2E5A4FE8A.jpeg

9F17B069-6D43-4AE7-BF2D-8877DE5A6CA5.jpeg

D94700EE-60A8-4E5A-9124-BD9C0A867C8B.jpeg

Today it was the Isaazon B3.
View attachment 287547

This is my "free" gun. I had a ton of leftover gift cards and Amazon cards with a few bucks each left on them.
I added up all the change and it came out to $75. We'll at that time this rifle with tax and shipping totalled $74.85, so I took it as a signal from the universe and I'm glad I did. For being a Chinese pice of mass production it actually shoots quite well. It's not weak and it's reasonably accurate.
Free guns are the best. Enjoy Crow

Today I shot my 22 cal Benjamin Titan using FTT’s at 30 metres. The first target of two 5 shot groups is with my made in China UTG 4*32 wide angle scope. The reticle is very thick which makes the half inch target very hard to see. Good enough for hunting as you have a bigger target but hopeless for me for paper punching.

The second target of 13 shots, 3 zeroing and 10 shots above the bull is with my Hawke Airmax 2*7*32. Much better as I had 10 shots in a half inch circle. It really is an accurate big box toy.
Gary
View attachment 287602
View attachment 287603

View attachment 287605
Nice groups. Like thumbholes and I like your moderator. Sweet Crow

I shot a GAMO Varmint the other day. It was my neighbor's first AG, he's going to use it for ground squirrels out to 20-25 yards and he asked me to help sight it in. I was surprised. This is a decent gun for the price ($89 with a scope). Of course, the scope was junk. I had a couple scopes in the parts box that I haven't used in several years so I stuck one on. I wouldn't call it backyard friendly but it isn't that bad. The trigger SUCKS. The first shot, I thought the safety was stuck, it was that stiff. I suggested that he swap it out for a CDT trigger but he said he was on a tight budget and didn't want to spend anymore than he did. He asked about the scope and I told him we'd work something out, maybe he could help me do something in the future. He didn't have pellets so I gave him a tin.. He shouldn't have to buy pellets for a long time, he's just shooing on his property. He went home a happy camper

3rd day of the Labor Day weekend, and I'm shooting my HW97 at cans at the tree farm,View attachment 287649
View attachment 287650

View attachment 287661
Love that gun, have the stainless look model .22. Can’t beat a thumbhole.
Excellent choose of dog.
I shot a GAMO Varmint the other day. It was my neighbor's first AG, he's going to use it for ground squirrels out to 20-25 yards and he asked me to help sight it in. I was surprised. This is a decent gun for the price ($89 with a scope). Of course, the scope was junk. I had a couple scopes in the parts box that I haven't used in several years so I stuck one on. I wouldn't call it backyard friendly but it isn't that bad. The trigger SUCKS. The first shot, I thought the safety was stuck, it was that stiff. I suggested that he swap it out for a CDT trigger but he said he was on a tight budget and didn't want to spend anymore than he did. He asked about the scope and I told him we'd work something out, maybe he could help me do something in the future. He didn't have pellets so I gave him a tin.. He shouldn't have to buy pellets for a long time, he's just shooing on his property. He went home a happy camper.
‘Nothing wrong with being a good samaritan, Good for you. Crow

Actually shot two today. First was my 35e with a "deluxe" Anschutz diopter with anti glare tube that I recently got from Bear-of-Grayling. That sight combo, and I had added a rear anti glare tube 35mm with a Gehmann 510 iris looked rather big so I first tried to switch the Anschutz anti glare tube to another on my HW 77, but it did not accept front tubes, so just swapped sights and re zeroed both. Suprisingly even with changing sights gun to gun they were relatively well zeroed, minute of soda can at about 15 yards, but got the targets out and dialed them in. I got some anti glare tubes from Champions choice so I could move the sight body forward on the dovetail grooves, so the clamping knobs would not be too close to the safety, plus they put the actual iris closer to my eye, increasing sight radius a little. Seems to work fine. Temperature is a little warm, very low 90's today and humidity relatively low for here but it takes me no time wo work up a sweat so shoot a little, go in and cool off then back out.

I took these fine gems out to test my skills. View attachment 288113 Both HW85’s a .177 and a .22. I don’t mind the long barrel, much easier to cock. I don’t hear much talk of the 85. Deadly accurate. Looks like one could use a custom stock. Crow
I’ve been trying to decide between HW 95 and HW 85 what are your thoughts Crow?

Reactions: crowski