• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce What size is the valve port on the factory Escape UL ?

As the subject lines ask's, what dia. spin-loc port comes with the factory issue AF Escape UL (and might be nice to know the long Escape too).
Asking as I have the UL and was reading the classifieds (who the heck comes to the forum and cant leave w.out reading the classifieds even needing nothing) and a full set is available. Seller said he got excellent results using the .145 port in a condor (same 18" barrel I am thinking). I cant measure right now but am believe it came with the .232 port and uses Plenty of air. Heck it is a cannon and I only purchased it to get rid of 7 Yellow belly marmots safely. With no marmots returning it never gets used but groups very well at least at 75 yards.
I avoided AF airguns since 2000 (believe it was a "Gunpower back then?) and were it a bit better on air use it could become a fun shooter. Due to weight I already have 3 airgun which only get used maybe 10 shots a year and this one is the 4th only do to air use-and maybe a bit over powered-.
So if someone knows help me keep this light little rig.

John

escape ul (2021_08_25 21_34_33 UTC).JPG

That valve comes full ported for high power n heavy slugs shooting.. you could try the smallest one of the smallest tophat but I would better change the valve for a standard condor valve with a 480cc carbon Bottle and the oring behind the top hat. That would give you the plinker you are looking for.. when I say full ported is that the brass spring holder is open to the complete diameter of the spring..and the standard condor is not , and that is what make the other valve more tunable for low power..
9324.jpg

Thank you. Odd little rifle (mainly because I am more of a traditional airgun person). Took me a minute to get my head around the inline valve, pellet weight and dwell. People seem to know something is different in the valve/set up between the 2 but you are the 1st to explain, really appreciate that, AND pictures! Pictures (old school eh?) are great.

Nothing wrong with the way it is & groups great at 75 yards just not many shots. An absolute prefect rig - this one even has a decent trigger- for it's intended purpose. Only took 6 shots for 7 marmots. Being on very little social security and it being our only .25 pretty torn between making it something different or letting it go for some light weight .177 or .22 we could shoot a lot more.

Appreciate your time.

John

Reactions: mercado