What silicone oil or grease are you using?

Like the title says what are you using for your silicone oil or grease and which one do you prefer? Or does it depend on what you are lubing on the gun?

I have using this super lube 100cst for a long time in many types of air guns https://amzn.to/3oRRZQM

But then I saw today that they have super lube made just for o-rings https://amzn.to/2X2AuSi  is this going to be a better choice?

I have had a person tell me recently I want to use a silicone grease on the o-rings and not oil, I have never used grease on the o-rings of any of my guns.

What are you guys using on your pcp's? 

I use engine oil. Usually Yamalube because that's whats in my oil can on my lathe at my workbench. 

Most all orings don't need lube anyway, as they are just static seals. Don't overthink it, and definitely don't get silicone on any threads under pressure. 

Honestly the stuff can cause more problems than it solves. I don't use it at all. 

Super Lube for O-rings #56204

Super Lube for surface/threads #21030

They both work exactly as they were designed to. You can use each with confidence. Remember though, a little bit goes a looong way.

0000045_multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-with-syncolon-ptfe-21030.1634009540.jpeg

61Kp58DcveL._SL1500_ 1.1634009581.jpg

Reactions: miksatx
I have super lube and whatever preceeded it... I can't recall at the moment. I use it strictly for orings. Other components may receive any number of other oils. Beeman matalophilic can keep rust off of properly blued steel for literally ages, even in direct exposure to moisture regularly. Balistol is a great rubber/plastic safe oil for cleaning/general lube. I also like breakfree clp a lot for general use, but try to keep it off of any orings. And gunzilla will extend your cleaning interval (typically by ~%300) if you have a foul-happy barrel. But a good bore polish and waxing will do even better.

Oh, and lets not forget the industrial hydrailic fluid (mac-1 secret sauce) for load bearing reciprocating parts (pump arm hinge)

Krytox GPL-206 for o rings, Lucas sticky red heavy grease for threads such as ldc's that like to stick like glue and hard to get off for cleaning. Super Lube 21030 is my # 2 choice for this. But the Lucas is superior for threaded items that are not used or removed often. 

10 to 15 wt rc shock oil for slugs. Picked up a tip from Matt Dubber for the shock oil. He adds a little petroleum jelly melted into the rc oil for slugs. Sounded odd, but I tried it and it works wonders for slugs. 

Cedric, (Tofazfou), is trying TC bore butter designed for leg slugs in black powder guns. So far, he finds it superior to his other lube's.

For pellets, I use strictly FP-10. Sadly, I am nearly out and have learned the FP-10 of today is not the original formula. GRRRRRRR!!!!

Knife

Krytox GPL-206 for o rings, Lucas sticky red heavy grease for threads such as ldc's that like to stick like glue and hard to get off for cleaning. Super Lube 21030 is my # 2 choice for this. But the Lucas is superior for threaded items that are not used or removed often.

10 to 15 wt rc shock oil for slugs. Picked up a tip from Matt Dubber for the shock oil. He adds a little petroleum jelly melted into the rc oil for slugs. Sounded odd, but I tried it and it works wonders for slugs.

Cedric, (Tofazfou), is trying TC bore butter designed for leg slugs in black powder guns. So far, he finds it superior to his other lube's.

For pellets, I use strictly FP-10. Sadly, I am nearly out and have learned the FP-10 of today is not the original formula. GRRRRRRR!!!!

Knife
Knife,
How do you apply the shock oil to your slugs? Do put a few drops on some foam and roll the slugs around on it?