• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A What Sight System Do You Use On Your Pistol Most Often When Shooting Benchrest?

What Sight System Do You Use On Your Pistol Most Often When Shooting Benchrest? Maybe this belongs in the Optics thread or the Benchrest thread, but most of those folks are shooting rifles. I tried to make it a poll but could not figure out how to do that. So, for those willing to divulge, which is it for you?

1. Iron Sights
2. Red Dot
3. Pistol Scope
4. Rifle Scope
5. Other (I have no idea what else there could be, but who knows?)

IMG_2984.jpeg
IMG_2983.jpeg

Bench rest a pistol ??

I've used -

1 - Green / red dot sight
2 - Prism. Some can be used on a pistol
3 - Holographic (EOTech)
4 - SeeAll (cross between a dot and a scope)
5 - Scope

Right now, #3 is the only one not currently on one of my pistols. I change things around all the time, so, next week, I may put one of my EOTechs on a pistol, you never know.

Mike

20231216_120012.jpg

20230625_155118.jpg

UTG pistol scope on both pistols. Each scope is fitted with a ghost ring lens in the rear lens' cap that corrects parallax from 10 meters to 100 meters when using the retical's PDC markings.

This scope allows 23 inches of eye relief which in turn allows a very comfortable position at the bench - resting on both elbows while cupping the grip in the palm of the non trigger hand and barely holding the grip with the trigger hand.

I dont do bench rest with my pistols unless sighting in,, My eyes have got to bad for open iron sights , The red dots have opened up all kinds of new pistol shooting for me. Its kind of like I see the light now... My PP 750 has a high power laser on it , Pretty cool at 10 to 20 feet, It will shine up to 30 yards in bright day light but I don't shoot it that far.
Now the Huben pistol 22 caliber with red dot easy coke can at 30 yards, Like I never miss.
See a lot of scopes on pistols but just don't know, But I am not going to say never..
Mike

Reactions: sjs