• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What should I top my new Crown with?

Just got my new Fx Crown MKII in 25 cal. Now I need to get some glass. I will mostly shoot at 100 yds or less, I am thinking of one of these two:
Athlon Midas TAC 6-24 or Vortex Strike eagle 5-25. Both are in my price range and are within about $50 of each other for me. They both focus (parallax) fairly close... the other scopes I like are 25 yds. or greater. Has anyone been able to compare these? Other recommendations/ comments. Thanks

Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 on my Crown.
Really hard to beat the glass on these at this price point.
I like it so much I immediately bought a second and put it on my Tikka deer rifle.

F0AE7CCF-E99E-482A-8B55-DB63CED45632.jpeg

Just got my new Fx Crown MKII in 25 cal. Now I need to get some glass. I will mostly shoot at 100 yds or less, I am thinking of one of these two:
Athlon Midas TAC 6-24 or Vortex Strike eagle 5-25. Both are in my price range and are within about $50 of each other for me. They both focus (parallax) fairly close... the other scopes I like are 25 yds. or greater. Has anyone been able to compare these? Other recommendations/ comments. Thanks
Any weight/ length/ eye relief...ETC. restrictions?
Can you describe in more detail why you have gravitated towards these two (fine) scopes?

Patrick

I run a Midas tac 4-16 on my 22 crown and an Arken sh4 4-16 on my 25 crown (I don’t shoot super long distance so no need for the 6-24). While the Arken is brighter in lower light and has an illuminated reticle, the Arken glass is noticeably clearer, and it weighs less.
I won’t buy another vortex scope. I didn’t speed strike eagle money, but the 2 I’ve had were sub par and both had issues out of the gate. Trying to warranty them was rough, and a long process. I haven’t needed to warranty my Arken, but I’ve heard when I do, it’s a stellar system.

Any weight/ length/ eye relief...ETC. restrictions?
Can you describe in more detail why you have gravitated towards these two (fine) scopes?

Patrick
No, no restrictions. Both of these are popular in the forums I read, seems here the Midas is the winner. I probably dont need the 24/25X, but its nice to crank it up and see the impact points. Looking for the best glass with low parallax in a mid price range..... I can get either of these two for under 550. Any other suggestions? I can stretch my budget a bit if there is another option with better glass.

Ken

No, no restrictions. Both of these are popular in the forums I read, seems here the Midas is the winner. I probably dont need the 24/25X, but its nice to crank it up and see the impact points. Looking for the best glass with low parallax in a mid price range..... I can get either of these two for under 550. Any other suggestions? I can stretch my budget a bit if there is another option with better glass.

Ken
The new offerings from arken deserve a look. Similarly priced to the Midas tac. Black hound are also decent if you don’t mind a thicker reticle, and then there’s the element line. While I have no experience with the element scopes, they are well liked here. Ive owned all the others, and they are all quality glass for their price.

Take a look at the EPL4 from Arken, that would be my first choice, followed by an Element Helix, followed by a mid-tier Athlon.
That is the scope I have on my Crown. Weighs less than a pound. Crystal clear Japanese glass all the way to the edges. Distinctive "clicks" on the turret settings. Affordable.

Last edited:
Reactions: MongooseV8