• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What should I expect in tuning a FX Wildcat MK 30cal Using JSB 44.75 Pellets

Thanks

I talked to FX and they gave me some insight on what to expect. I am currently testing for regualator (AMP) creep. If it does not go away, I will replace it with a Huma reg, before I get serious about tuning.

So can you share what insight FX gave you? I just picked up a like new WC MK2 30 cal and the previous owner said 840 FPS for 28 shots. Another member on here said he’s getting in the high 860’s for speed and for 40+ shots. 44.75 grain pellets were used by both the seller of the gun to me and the other member hitting the high 860’s.

FX said I should start off with the reg set at 130 bar and then adjust the hammer spring. One issue I am having with gun is the fill gauge is reading 20 bar lower than the large gauge on my carbon fiber tank. I installed a Huma gauge to set regulator pressure and then removed it. It would be nice if you could trust the FX fill gauge. I am going to do some testing tomorrow with the reg set at 130 bar and I will post the results tomorrow.

I shoot my .30 wildcat at 840fps and reg at 147bar. Reg was factory set at that. I turned it up from 130fps out of box. This is my most accurate FX product. I shoot under half inch at 80y and .8" at 103y with this super gun. 28 shots before I fall off reg. Very quiet and very accurate. Cut stock to leave huma reg test gauge installed to watch for irregularities. No problems with amp reg as of now. Probably around 800 rounds through gun now. Have the supplied Donny FL moderator from factory. 

Monkeyshine, if you don’t mind, can you post a couple of close up pics of where you installed that Huma gage? Where does it thread into? Is the threads 1/8” NPT? I have a 1”, gage, the one from McMaster Carr that reads 0-4000 psi. Will that work? I was going to install it on my PRod, but I think I might want to use it on the WC. I mainly just want to see how yours turned out, cutting into that stock.

Oh, off topic, but in case anyone’s interested, I contacted FX USA(by the way, if you ever call there, ask to speak with Summer. She was awesome in helping me get my questions answered.) regarding the soft touch coating on the black synthetic stock, to see if it was paintable. I heard that maybe I might have to scrape off that soft touch coating, but I like the way it grips. So I needed to know if it would adhere to paint easily. The answer I got was no problem, it can be painted over, just make sure and go thru all the proper prep procedures like you would any plastic synthetic stock.

Here you go ragu.....
1553887799_10928550445c9e7237077f28.32869524_3990.jpeg
1553887990_7957459115c9e72f66d1658.27548525_3993.jpeg

You guys have fun with your rifles ,I sure do.

Reactions: STO and Bob_O