What Scopes is everyone Using?

I have several scopes but the one I've used the most and like the best is the Vector Optics Minotaur 12-60x60 GenII MFL SFP scope.
Why? Because it's a 60x scope for just $500, think it was €450 when I bought it 2 years ago.

I don't understand why anyone would pay $2000 for a scope when you can get the same thing for less than $1000. I have looked trough several $2000 scopes at the local gun range and I can't tell the difference between theirs and mine.
A high price scope is expensive because of the glass but is the difference really that big between my scope and a $2000 one or is it the usual brand bullpoop you see with for instance Apple products that cost less than $200 to make but sell for $2000?

I also have a ATN X-Sight 4k Pro 5-20x, it's ok scope display leaves much to be desired.

I'd really like to buy a March 8x-80x56 but can find a reseller so I can but it at wholesale. I would really like to use it for my new video channel where I intend to review air rifles.

For me the ideal scope doesn't exist at the moment.
I would like a digital scope you can screw onto any scope. 8k camera or as high mega pixel as possible, that can stream to a phone, tablet or computer. Frame rate isn't that important, high resolution is the most important factor so that digital zoom is better.

You can somewhat create it by connecting cameras to the scope but there is no dedicated digital scope in high resolution on the market at the moment.

Arken SH4 4-16x50 on my Avenge X
Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24x50 on my AEA Challenger Bullpup
Athlon Argos HMR 4-20x50 on my Hatsan Mod 135
Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 on my Notos
Athlon Talos 6-24x50 on my Hatsan Flash
Athlon Neos 6-18x44 on my Hatsan Mod 95
Monstrum Guardian 3-9x40 on my Crosman 1322 carbine

Also own a Discovery VT-R 4-16x44 SFP scope that I do not currently have mounted, but absolutely blows my mind how good it is for a $79 scope.

And I have a box full of lower end Pinty/CV life type scopes from my early days of Airgunning when I didn't really believe in spending a bit more $ on a quality scope. These did serve me well for a while though, and I let friends or family getting into airgunning use them until they can afford something better. "Borrow it as long as you need, just make sure it comes back to me when you no longer need/want it" system.

Reactions: craighobbist02
I guess I am confused by this discussion. I am a newby to air rifles, but most of my high power hunting rifles have a 3 x 9 at maximum. My varmint rifles have 3 x 12 or 4 x 16 scopes. My hunting rifles are used to 300 yards as are my varmint rifles. My air rifles are going to be used to a maximum of 25 to 30 yards. Why is everyone using such high power scopes at such short distances. I realize air rifles are shooting at smaller targets, but a prairie dog isn't that much larger than a gopher or squirrel.
Good question. I'm a hunting powder burner guy myself. My varmint rifles often just have a 3×9.

To me the biggest issue is linked to power. My airguns give me 18 to 22 FPE. I need to be much more accurate in the delivery of that power to say a racoon than when I use my mossberg MVP which gives me near to 1,200 FPE. My margin of error needs to be much smaller. Hence, my SIG Asp 20 has a March 2.5-25 x42.

To me the second issue is kill zone size as well as projectile size. I pest much smaller animals than when I use my traditional guns, and the projectile is FAR smaller. I'll pest chipmunks to over 60 yards.....and I try to get brain shots. The kill zone size for a chipmunk is TINY, let alone trying g to hit it over 60 yards... when I'm hunting regularly, the size of the entire chipmunk might be my kill zone size for another animal.

Last edited:
March Majesta 8-80x with MTR W1 reticle.

PXL_20231031_005518399.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg