What Scopes is everyone Using?

Hello everyone.....I think there’s so many variables to choose the “right optics” that we don’t realize.
1: age = sight, younger people can use lower power scopes with ok glass-vs-older people (like me)
We need better magnification. Better glass etc
2: what do you need it for? Hunting? Target shooting? Back yard shooting?
3: PRICE—PRICE—PRICE,, how much are willing to spend?
Those are the most important issues that comes to my mind, this is my humble opinion.

Current 6-24 Element Helix. Got caught in the Ted Bier hype on it. It’s not a bad scope, but I want better glass. Just ordered an Athlon Midas Tac HD 6-24. An Athlon was on my shortlist when I bought the Element. So I’ve wanted to try an Athlon for 2 years

I use two Hawke’s, a Vantage and Airmax on smaller carbines. I also have 2 Vector Veyrons on my PP700 carbines. These are all set up for 25y and in pesting.

So
Element
Athlon
Hawke
Vector

Current 6-24 Element Helix. Got caught in the Ted Bier hype on it. It’s not a bad scope, but I want better glass. Just ordered an Athlon Midas Tac HD 6-24. An Athlon was on my shortlist when I bought the Element. So I’ve wanted to try an Athlon for 2 years

I use two Hawke’s, a Vantage and Airmax on smaller carbines. I also have 2 Vector Veyrons on my PP700 carbines. These are all set up for 25y and in pesting.

So
Element
Athlon
Hawke
Vector
Florida_Man,
I am curious to know how you think the MTac compares to the Helix. But I do not want to derail the OP's concerns!
Thank you. S7

Florida_Man,
I am curious to know how you think the MTac compares to the Helix. But I do not want to derail the OP's concerns!
Thank you. S7
I'll post in here

My understanding is that almost all rifle scope "brands" are made in 2 or 3 factories in China. Which means almost every scope we buy, no matter the brand, is about the same. The key, for us simple folk, is to decipher the who (makes the scope) using the what (types of glass and fittings). I suspect many of the popular brands are simply copies, with slight changes, between each other. The scope brands guard this secret the same way pellet companies guard theirs. At the end of the day, though, your Vortex, Bloodhound, Athlon, Element, Optisan, MTC, etc..etc.. etc..are all made in the same factory, with the same materials...it is just the specifications that are different. We consumers would save a great deal of money if we could decipher the factory codes....
This is true for the most part with these caveats.

There is one Optics company that knows which factory takes the most pride in producing the higher quality Chinese scopes, has the state of the art CNC machinery to allow tighter tolerances, and also who's CEO is more than an acquaintance with this factory's owner.

When I used to go to the SHot SHow I would go to as many Optics booths as time would allow and saw first hand many of the differences. Of the Chinese offerings I would leave most of the booths within a few minutes because there was nothing new, impressive, or stand out-ish.

I am confused by your reply. Please clarify.
Its as simple as - of the factories in China that produce Optics there is at least one known for putting out higher quality.

Most of us have bought or ran across crappy "non" quality Chinese made scopes that are almost disposable in nature and there are also many manufacturers that are not in touch with what a lot of shooters prefer as far as features sets, reticles, etc, and regardless are not desiring to make higher quality Optics anyway.

That being said there are also factories that put out acceptable Optics as far as quality but fall short to that particular factory I mentioned.

That's all I'll say on the subject.

Its as simple as - of the factories in China that produce Optics there is at least one known for putting out higher quality.

Most of us have bought or ran across crappy "non" quality Chinese made scopes that are almost disposable in nature and there are also many manufacturers that are not in touch with what a lot of shooters prefer as far as features sets, reticles, etc, and regardless are not desiring to make higher quality Optics anyway.

That being said there are also factories that put out acceptable Optics as far as quality but fall short to that particular factory I mentioned.

That's all I'll say on the subject.
Okay, Steve.
Are you at liberty to say whether or not this superior factory works with multiple companies? I would assume they do. If you don’t want to answer this, I respect that.
Thanks. S7
Edit: Steve, I went back and reread post 94, and you’ve already singled out one company.

Okay, Steve.
Are you at liberty to say whether or not this superior factory works with multiple companies? I would assume they do. If you don’t want to answer this, I respect that.
Thanks. S7
Edit: Steve, I went back and reread post 94, and you’ve already singled out one company.
Plus, I now see you say you spoke your fill on this matter, so disregard my post question. I won’t be intrusive with you. S7

Vortex PST2
Vortex PST
Element Helix
Element Theos
Tract Torric
USO TS-12

I have a few and I enjoy them all. But honestly I have been really enjoying the Theos. Was a bit of money, but it is by far the clearest optic I have used.
How does the Theos compare to your other high-end scopes? I just recently purchased the Element Nexus and it's on the same level as my Nightforce NX8 scope. Incredible glass and solid turrets, and the compact build/weight just adds the cherry on top and if you've ever spent time behind a Nexus do you think the Theos is worth the extra $1200?

Reactions: woogie_man
Dang some of you guys spend some serious money on glass. I'm almost exclusively using UTG stuff. Love the 3-12 SWAT compacts and the OP3 scopes. I own too many rifles to spend big money on glass like that. On my powder burners I like Athlon.
I don't have the money to buy a different scope for each rifle. I have a few digital scopes where I can have it record zeros for all of my rifles. So I just mount (quick-release) and pick the zero preset.

How does the Theos compare to your other high-end scopes? I just recently purchased the Element Nexus and it's on the same level as my Nightforce NX8 scope. Incredible glass and solid turrets, and the compact build/weight just adds the cherry on top and if you've ever spent time behind a Nexus do you think the Theos is worth the extra $1200?
I really like it. Honestly I like it far more than the tract. Glass is extremely clear, clicks are nice and positive, the elevation knob is quite large and easy to manipulate.

Over all you can't go wrong with either.

When comparing it to a nexus...the theos is a much better unit.