• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Scopes is everyone Using?

My two favorite hunting scopes are...
1) 6X zoom ratio
2) FFP
3) christmas tree reticle with a large donut
4) illumination
5) large tactical and locking turrets
6) did I mention great build quality and great glass?

Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 FFP MRAD1 reticle
Athlon Helos BTR G2 2-12x42 AHMR2 IR FFP

For hunting and pesting, I don't know of a better choice than one of these two scopes on the market.
Element Nexus FFP 5-20x50mm Dirty MOA Reticle

I've been using the Hawke Vantage AO's for years on my springers. I like the 2-7 and 3-9 mil-dot versions for my hunters for the wide FOV and the clarity is plenty good for target shooting to 50 yds. I rarely dial once I get sighted in and just use the dots to adjust for distance. Set it and forget it. They aren't expensive, have clear glass, are small, light, durable, have great support (not that I've ever had to use it, but just do a search) and just work. I've not found a reason yet to move on to much higher end optics, as they usually just add cost and weight w/o much more benefit. Just my .02.

Athlon first ! then another brand ,like right now im looking for a long eye relief pistol scope (20 +inches )
Have you looked at Burris, I have several of them on pb pistols, and have had no issues.Edit How In the world did I think the op said a scope for a pistol. Wow, but I do have a few Burris on my pb pistols and think they would make a good rifle scope as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: beerthief

It's a Bullpup air rifle, so the intent is a small,lite, compact air rifle. So a small compact sight should compliment it. I put a 2-7x32 Hawke AMX on my Hatsan Flashpup. Worked out nicely and looks good too,I like the AMX line. The reticle is designed for pellet rifles and the reticle is un-complicated. They may be made in China and I got problems with that but I have not found anthing to compare with what I like about these scopes.Then there are red dot scopes and reflex sights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larryt