What scope

Using a BugBuster on my FX compact tactical and have used other scopes in similar category. The issue is I can't count on the scope holding zero from one day to the next. I must re-zero every time I head out to a permission. Sometimes by the time I get there the zero has changed.. Havne't dropped or mishandled anything. Other times I get to the permission and maybe hit 90% of the opportunities for a shot.

I would like to move up to a middle of the road scope but I don't want it to be 14" long etc. Who makes a compact scope that's really good. Need 4X12. and the rest is not important. It's got to be solid enough inside to maintain the settings. Don't need to change turret position for different length shots. Hold over under works fine. I just want to arrive at my permission confident the gun will hit what it's aimed at. Thanks.

Whatever scope you choose, please use good rings, sports match at a minimum, I like Larue tactical qd mounts, or warne rings. Also, you need to set a budget and figure out first focal plane or second focal plane. There are some compact Hawke scopes that seem okay, I’ve never used them, but I prefer Leupold, swfa, vortex, mtc, hawke, in that order. The impact is 2k why muck that awesomeness up with a cheap scope?

I really enjoyed the vortex diamondback hp 4-16, they got replaced by the diamondback tactical, which is ffp, and taller turrets for dialing in shots, but if you can find a vortex diamondback hp for 220.00 ish, they are good for the money. Sometimes midway has deals, but I wonder sometimes way there are being sold at midway, was there something wrong with it in the first place. Where’s Yodoyle and his pages of scope recommendations when you need him? Wait, check Joe rhea on YouTube, cyclops Joe, his scope reviews are funny and honest.I’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about the USO optics scopes. Japanese glass with Chinese construction and a good price point.

I would throw in the Athlon, Element and Blackhound as well. I own all three with the Blackhound being the most recent. Athlon has multiple scopes depending on price range, Element has roughly 3 scopes not including moa/mil version and Blackhound has a few that are really nice and all under $450. 
All personal preferences but just as Drew has pointed out get solid scope rings and you have a wonderful rifle so get what you want so your not continually upgrading for something better; better to spend more once than spend smaller amounts often.

I have the Athlon Optics Helos BTR GEN2 6-24x56, ElementHELIX 6-24×50 FFP and the Genesis 1-8×28 FFP MOA from Blackhound.

Happy shopping and then happy hunting!

i was horrified when i realized this little micro size tasco 3-7 scope does everything most scopes under 150$ do

best 15 bucks i ever spent haha -->

CIMG1960.1625959727.JPG
CIMG1961.1625959775.JPG

Take a look at the Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12×42. Length is 11.8 inches. You didn't mention if you have a preference for FFP or SFP. For holdovers at different magnification, I'd go with FFP with AHMR2 MIL reticle.

Peskadot671,

Do you. Have any opinion on the Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 1-10 ATMR SFP ? Looking for a small scope for my Leshiy 2.

Chris 

Take a look at the Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12×42. Length is 11.8 inches. You didn't mention if you have a preference for FFP or SFP. For holdovers at different magnification, I'd go with FFP with AHMR2 MIL reticle.

Peskadot671,

Do you. Have any opinion on the Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 1-10 ATMR SFP ? Looking for a small scope for my Leshiy 2.

Chris

Sorry, I have no experience with that model so I can't say.

I would throw in the Athlon, Element and Blackhound as well. I own all three with the Blackhound being the most recent. Athlon has multiple scopes depending on price range, Element has roughly 3 scopes not including moa/mil version and Blackhound has a few that are really nice and all under $450. 
All personal preferences but just as Drew has pointed out get solid scope rings and you have a wonderful rifle so get what you want so your not continually upgrading for something better; better to spend more once than spend smaller amounts often.

I have the Athlon Optics Helos BTR GEN2 6-24x56, ElementHELIX 6-24×50 FFP and the Genesis 1-8×28 FFP MOA from Blackhound.

How is the eye box on that black hound 1-8? I’ve heard it’s tough to get a check weld. Looking for something to fit a woods walker, and this fits the bill, but I’m worried about eye relief. 

The Hawke vantage 2x7x32 is probly the best $100-150 scope you will find.

The Vector optics Veyron and Discovery VT-3 scopes are both compact and light weight. Both are 3x12x44 with 30mm tubes. They are both decent for the money around $200 and both Mil/Mil scopes so none of that funky Hawke Mil/MOA stuff going on..

If you are going for an FFP the Veyron has a pretty thin reticle and it can get lost in a dark background at lower magnification. But it does focus down to 7 yards at it's full 12 power so that is not often a problem. It weighs in at 17.6oz and has a nice Mil Hash reticle. It is available in a second focal plane scope as well.

The Discovery will just barely focus to ten yards at six power but it has a thicker reticle that is easier to pic up at lower magnification so it is not a problem either. It weighs in at 18.3oz and has a nice Mil Quad reticle. Also available in 1st or 2nd focal plain.

So there is some give and take between the two and I like them both for what they are.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-veyron-3-12x44mm-rifle-scope.html

https://store.discovery-optics.com/products/discovery-vt-3-3-12×44-ffp

You can't go wrong with any of the SWFA fixed power scopes either for just a little more money.

I could recommend the Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42. Have that one coming for my Taipan Shorty. 

I am gonna be that guy and ask if your sure it's not the gun? People do mods to impacts to help with poi shifts like CF tubes and tensioning. Not sure if it applies to the DreamTac Compacts or not. Not saying that that is your problem but it could be. The barrel system isn't the strongest. I do think you need to upgrade the scope though just in general, but if the issue still occurs after an upgrade then it's the gun. 

How is the eye box on that black hound 1-8? I’ve heard it’s tough to get a check weld. Looking for something to fit a woods walker, and this fits the bill, but I’m worried about eye relief.

I haven't had any issues with cheek weld or reticle acquisition. The Blackhound comes with scope rings, 34mm, but I also used the FX no limit rings and found they gave me an issue while the scope rings from Blackhound lined up perfectly.

I use the FX rings on my M3 with the Athlon.

image.1626006582.jpg

I have 3 bugbuster scopes, 2 on multi pumps and one on a Benjamin discovery. They all three hold zero perfectly. What you are experiencing may not be the scopes problem. Just an FYI before you go out and drop a wad of cash hoping to solve your POI change problem by purchasing a new scope.
Free-floated shrouded rifles often have the shift you are experiencing. Any Marauder owner can tell you, unless they’ve installed one of Tim Hill’s tight fit barrel bands they are re zeroing about every time they take their rifle out. The barrel does move and rest in slightly different spots depending on how it’s been leaned against a wall or bumped or maybe someone just looked at it wrong. 
That being said there’s certainly no harm in having a higher quality scope. Just advising you to temper your expectations in case it doesn’t solve your problem.