What scope to buy?

Am I hearing him say this is a second focal plane scope? The comments from owners are writing FFP. Can you guys please specify which one it is?

They make both. The SPF is not illuminated. The FFP is, and the obvious choice. 

I've greatly enjoyed the Aztec as well, one sits upon my Taipan Vet long. I only have one curiosity about it... If Dubber helped design it, and thought it was THE scope to have on an airgun, why doesn't he shoot with one? He uses NF and and Ares ETR. Just a thought.

Athlon midas tac ffp scopes are really impressive. 

If you get a ffp scope, in general, make sure it's illuminated... critical for hunting. 

Yep, I agree with Arzrover and others, Athlon Midas TAC is "THE" FFP scope to have in that/it's price range! 

I'm itching to try the new Gen2 Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50! It's got improved controls, stainless steel turret assembly, new glass prescription, and has an all .2 mil reticle. 25Y minimum focus though, which works fine for the firearms and larger caliber air rifles.

Pewpew, most of my AG's have from 3.4 to 4.5 mils of drop at 100Y so there is ample reticle holdover in most FFP scopes at highest magnification. I haven't noticed any POI shifting if comparing SFP to FFP. I think in that aspect it comes down to the quality of the scope more than anything else. More often than not I see POI shifts because of the gun or using cheap rings. 

I have a SFP 4-16 mildot scope on one of my rifles so I can see the reticle well on 4x but when I use holdovers I sometimes forget to put it on 10x since I'm so used to FFP. Yes that's user error but with FFP I don't need to think, just shoot.

Just mentioning...

I received my Athlon Ares BTR Gen2 a few weeks ago. Haven't even mounted it up yet because I have more scopes than rifles, plus it's been cold and windy out, and well I can't decide whether to mount it up on a centerfire or a PCP??! Horrible problem to have, right?!, and springtime is coming shortly, lol.

Anyway, Athlon has solved all the faults with the Gen1 version, the obvious stand out being the excellent turrets of this Gen2, via stainless steel internals! Those are some awesome feeling turrets now!

Love .2 mil reticles so this is gonna be one of my favorite scopes! Just wish they'd make this scope with 10Y close focusing. If they had done so I'd probably sell most of my other scopes to replace with this model.... 

I'll do a review in the next month or so.