• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Scope for the FWB 124?

I'm with Randy on this one. Tough to beat those nice period correct Beeman scopes. Look great and have amazing optics. Plus they are designed to handle magnum airguns.

Additionally, I prefer the Sportsmatch rings designed specifically for FWB use. You can find them at Airguns of Arizona. Otherwise you will need a scope stop to keep the scope from moving. 

Best of luck with the FWB124. By far my favorite airgun ever!!

JC

I'm with Randy on this one. Tough to beat those nice period correct Beeman scopes. Look great and have amazing optics. Plus they are designed to handle magnum airguns.

Additionally, I prefer the Sportsmatch rings designed specifically for FWB use. You can find them at Airguns of Arizona. Otherwise you will need a scope stop to keep the scope from moving. 

Best of luck with the FWB124. By far my favorite airgun ever!!

JC

I'm always watching Ebay for those Beeman Blue Ribbon scopes. They can be pricey for a used scope.

For mounts, either go with the Sportmatch 2 piece TO3C mount to get the right arrestor pin setup (or the one piece OP22C). Don't try to use a normal scope stop pin - it won't work!! The other option is the use the BKL one-piece, which doesn't need a stop screw. BKL also makes a one-piece drooper mount, which is probably the best way if you have a lot of barrel droop. 

For Scopes, I agree with Kingfisher and Randy that the period-correct is a nice way to go, but hard to find and pricey. I had a Leupold 3-9x33VXII EFR on one, which is a great scope, but i'm not crazy about the looks of the newer VX Freedom series. My 124 had enough barrel droop that the Leupold was close to maxed out on elevation, so I have a NIkon EFR on there now, which has a wider adjustment range. Works well and doesn't look too out of place, but I'll probably switch back to the Leupy once I remember to order a BKL drooper mount. 

Or just go old school - My other daily-use 124 has open sights and I love challenging myself to shoot with the irons!

Jim, The 124 I recently bought came with a Bushnell from that era. The objective lens is only 18mm. I'm hanging onto it because the condition is like new, and it's really light. But I'm l'm looking for some original open sights, too.

1578751679_5720037605e19d6bfaf75c8.22741936_fwb124 Sc0pe.jpg

Pneumatic Addict,

I have an original set of open sights for the FWB 124 that was stolen from me back in about 1978. Actually have two sets because insurance replaced that gun and I use a scope on my FWB 124 now.

Replacement sights are like hen's teeth, but if you are interested, e-mail me. I always forget to check PMs.

[email protected]