What Scope for Beeman R7

Relatively new to airguns and looking for help/suggestions/recommendations. I have a Beeman R7 coming from Mike at Flying Dragons and would like to put a scope on it to practice shooting smallbore metallic silhouette. What scope/mount combinations would you recommend? I’d prefer a scope with crosshairs, maybe a dot in the center, preferably no mildots. Thanks, Tom

I just scoped my new R7 with a Hawke 2-7 x 32 mm Vantage and it is really nice. Backyard plinker for older eyes and I'm hitting out to 40 yards. What a blast. The irons on the R7 are really nice, kind of hated to give up on them but.. the scope is cool.

Lots of love for the UTG Bug Buster also. I just thought the 2x would be better suited for the "closer feeders" being abused by local tree rats...

I'll add, what is your budget? The above listed scopes are $100ish.

I’ll cast another vote for the Hawke 2-7x32. I have the AO, HD, IR version from Pyramyd, paid $150 for it. Fits in the Hawke low rings, nice and low to the receiver of my R9. My only issue with it is that the “mil” dots are actually spaced out about 6 moa on 7x. But most of these SFP mil dot scopes are kind of that way until you get in the high end high mag. Even then it’s only mils on one mag setting. Learn your rig and it’s no issue.

My R-7 has had many scopes on it,one thing I learned is Not to over scope it,get a nice quality smaller size scope.I like more light gathering so would tend to for a 40mm lens...that said a 32mm lens may work out for you.

I shoot offhand and do not need to go over 7power on my scope power,that said 9 should be fine for any R-9.

Light weight,quality scope that is proportional to your R9,I like the Air Max Hawke scopes.I also love the older Burris and Leupold smaller model scope.... you would need to buy those used.

Here is a pic of the 30/30 reticle in the Hawke Vantage 2-7. They also have a mildot version so make sure you order the right one if you choose to go that route. The numbers in the pic are from a ballistic app Hawke has. 
84DEB50C-D475-4AFE-864A-738E65985839.1615139471.png

I'd buy an HW50 and scope that before scoping the excellent R7 or HW30. These rifles are short range in any caliber and accurate. The elevation of scope mounts to the scope will most likely create more frustration involving cant with the reticle.

I've scoped an R7 .177, HW30 .177, HW30 .22 along with scoping HW50s in .177/.20/.22 to find the aggravation of getting the RIGHT scope to balance above the iron sights to a higher line of sight to hit at 35 yards and 25 yards.

I was rapidly disappointed in scoping the R7/HW30. They are the lightest most efficient and accurate types of rifles and if your eyes demand a scope you have a right to mount a LOW scope and try it out.

At 63 and farsighted using corrective lenses from Walgreens I can shoot the R7/HW30 without a scope in .177 and .22 just as accurately as a scope on ANY air rifle at 20 yards. Beyond that around 26 yards the gun hasn't enough power to reach out and stay there. So why put an expensive long range scope on it when a simple fixed X in Beeman would fix that?

Green arrow - are those Burris rings on your rifles, if so do they hold the scope secure, i.e. no slippage.

Burris rings (steel). Those pictured are the same set of rings on different scopes and different rifles. They have been used on both of the HW30S pictured, a HW77K (13 fpe) and a FWB300S. I haven’t had any slipping with them. These are smaller, lighter scopes on fairly lightweight powered guns. I imagine a fat HAWKE 4-9/12 would probably move around??? But again, no issues with what you see here or on those other two I listed. At least not yet. Ha ha!