What scope for 100-125 yard target and spinner (1 inch) shooting?

Hi,

I will be increasing my shooting distance (from 60 yards) out to 100-125 yards and am looking for scope recommendations for my new bench rifle. What magnification, FFP or SFP, etc.

Been happy with my Helix scopes so I'm thinking about stepping up to the Elements Titan 5-25x56 which is about the top of my budget. Size and weight are not a concern; bright, clear glass is important.

Any others that I should consider?

Thanks!

Reactions: Scotay42
Hi,

I will be increasing my shooting distance (from 60 yards) out to 100-125 yards and am looking for scope recommendations for my new bench rifle. What magnification, FFP or SFP, etc.

Been happy with my Helix scopes so I'm thinking about stepping up to the Elements Titan 5-25x56 which is about the top of my budget. Size and weight are not a concern; bright, clear glass is important.

Any others that I should consider?

Thanks!
Most definitely not a Element, the cross hairs are like telephone. I like the Arken it has a .3 MOA dot... i.e. TINY and it's hard to see but with the illumination it's great. I like them so much I'm buying another BUT a ELP, they were on sale, I couldn't resist. But if you really want a Titian, I've got a MIL that needs a new home. I may have a MOA laying around, I have to check.
1673122264441.png

Last edited:
On a budget? Take a look at the

Athlon ARGOS BTR GEN2 10-40×56 BLR SFP MOA​

Those are actually awesome scopes for the money. The second versions of this scope now go down to 10 yards on the parallax, and the parallax knobs are larger. It comes with a zero stop and resettable to zero turrets. You’ll easily see 22 cal holes on paper out to a hundred.

If I didn’t switch over to a 34mm scope I’d still be using that Athlon Argos

Reactions: MikeAllen
If you will be shooting "fixed" = BR distances @ 100 and don't want to drag an extra spotting scope with you but wanna see the POI clearly?
SFP and high power, x40 is a minimum but a x50 power would be much better.
Money? do you want to feed a middle man or buy directly? Made in China buy from China, Made in Japan buy from Japan, Germany, Slovakia.

Reactions: rsfrid