What Scope are you running?

I am potentially about to get some new glass for 1 of my rifles, or new rifle, and there are a few scopes out there that I have my eye on. Not going to bring names to light just yet, as I am trying to determine cost over return. To name a few of the ones I already have are as follows and are decent entry to mid level optics:

1. Arken
2. Athlon
2. Blackhound
4. Monstrum
5. Vortex

I'm really thinking about getting into Teir 1 territory but so far am unsure.

Just wanted to know what everyone else might be running on their PCP Rifles so as to help me to guage my next purchase. Thanx for the read guys and I look forward to seeing what everyone else is running too.

1000003786.jpg

I am running all ATN scopes now:
  1. ATN X-SIGHT 5 5-25x LRF
  2. ATN X-SIGHT 4K Pro 3-14x w/ ABL Laser Rangefinder add-on
  3. ATN THOR 4 640 2.5-25X Thermal w/ABL Laser Rangefinder
My biggest draw to these scopes is the video recording and the Ballistic Calculator. The X-SIGHT 5 may not be ready for prime time yet.

On my airgun I pretty much only do night-time pesting nowadays, so it's a thermal. Infiray RICO RH-50. Cost a little more than my car, but it's fantastic.

I have two prismatic scopes, a 6x and a 15x, that I use on powderburners. Similarly a March 1-10, and a Sightmark Wraith Mini. The sightmark I haven't used in a while, now that I have the thermal, but I'm keeping it around.

Reactions: SHOMER
This day & age ... WHAT A LOADED QUESTION !!!
There are so many scopes one can use on an Air Rifle ( Especially pcp's )

I've got ...
Hawke
Optisan
Aztec
Element
Athilon
US optics
SWFA
Schmidt*Bender
and some no brand stuff

Pick a retical you like, what size and weight, X power range etc ..... This rabbit hole is as deep as the guns we shoot !!! have fun :ROFLMAO:

This day & age ... WHAT A LOADED QUESTION !!!
There are so many scopes one can use on an Air Rifle ( Especially pcp's )

I've got ...
Hawke
Optisan
Aztec
Element
Athilon
US optics
SWFA
Schmidt*Bender
and some no brand stuff

Pick a retical you like, what size and weight, X power range etc ..... This rabbit hole is as deep as the guns we shoot !!! have fun :ROFLMAO:
Totally agreed 🤣🤣

Reactions: Scotay42
IMO, you don't need to spend huge amounts of money on tier 1 scopes Manufacturing of moderately priced scopes have gotten a lot better and I'm truly impressed with those in the $400-600 price range. You also have to consider what your application will be to select the right magnification and reticle. I've own a lot of scopes over the years such as those mentioned here. Right now, I would choose an Arken or Athlon. They have models that fit most of our need. For long range BR shooting, my choice is Sightron SIII 10-50.

Nothing better than you have. I have no experience with anything close to tier one and I kind of purposely stay away. In my mind they are like the airguns themselves. I have a couple impacts. Would an air Venturi avenger shoot just as accurately and serve me just as well. Honest answer is yes as I’ve owned two but the impacts are just nicer to shoot look at and feel. I think a top tier scope is the same. Right now I have a UTG 4-16 on my .30 impact and a vortex crossfire 2 6-18 on my .25. They are fine for what I do. They serve the purpose great on an airgun. Do I think top tier glass would really make me a better shooter. Absolutely not that is ridiculous thinking. Do I think looking through them and using them would be more pleasing?? Absolutely and exactly why I don’t go there. I already did with guns and don’t need 1000 dollar scope too. Lol.