• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What scope are using and on what gun?

As the title says, I am new to PCP's and I am going to upgrade my scope and want to know what others are using. Also if you have any pro's or cons and would you recommend what you have or would you buy another?
I have a Leapers 3-9X32 on a Daystate Huntsman XL, I'm looking into maybe a Hawke Sidewinder 30 or better.
Let me know what you got.

Thanks

Whatever I can afford.
Have the walmart 16x , leapers 3-9x40(?), Simmons whitetail classic, but the best in the house is the AEON 10-40x56 .
Aeon is the up and coming ( as long as they don't change specs down the road like Hawke did-owned a couple of those once)
airgun - NON-springer- scope. I know three National Champion FT shooters-and a bunch of we normal shooters- who this year have switched from much more expensive scopes
such as the old Bushnell Elite to the AEON scopes. Good glass and they range SO well.
John

I ordered a photon XT 4.6x42 nightvision for the 0.25 FX wildcat that is supposed to arrive in 2 days. Im planning on shooting mostly racoons and skunks at night when they are harassing my dog and creating general havoc with trash etc. But I wish someone could recommend a good quickrelease system for the wildcat so I could switch to a day scope sometimes without too much hassle. It is my only air gun.

"stinkyonions"I ordered a photon XT 4.6x42 nightvision for the 0.25 FX wildcat that is supposed to arrive in 2 days. Im planning on shooting mostly racoons and skunks at night when they are harassing my dog and creating general havoc with trash etc. But I wish someone could recommend a good quickrelease system for the wildcat so I could switch to a day scope sometimes without too much hassle. It is my only air gun.
check out Larue tactical, they aren't cheap but the do what you want:
http://www.laruetactical.com/riflescope-mounts?sort=popular

I've used the Leapers 5th Gen 3-9 x 40 Mil Dot with 1” tube ($60.00), the Hawke EV Airmax 3-9 x 40 with 1” tube ($129.00), and now the Hawke 3-12 x 50 Sidewinder 10x 1/2 Mil Dot with 30mm tube ($429.00). These scopes were mounted on my Air Arms TX200 and my Weichrauch HW90. The TX200 recoils in both directions and the HW90 kicks like a .22 magnum firearm. In spite of this, I had no quality issues with any of these scopes. The light transmission through the Hawke Sidewinder has made it possible for me to take armadillo, possum and raccoon on moonlit nights. The large side wheel allows me to stay in the shooting position; all I have to do is extend my thumb to focus. I prefer a Mil Dot reticle as it is so much faster than adjusting the turrets. Can you imagine trying to adjust the turrets on a moonlit night or even during the day when seconds make the difference between hitting and missing the quarry?

Optisan MTC Mamba Lite 4-16x44 with SCB reticule on a Daystate Regal XL 30 ft lbs
Very nice optics.

Optisan MTC Genesis 5-20x50 on an FX Boss; considered a Hawke Sidewinder but went for slightly higher mag.

These scopes are from a UK company, but manufactured in Korea. They design in house, skip on advertising, and claim to offer outstanding value for money. I'm not claiming that their products are better or cheaper than Hawke, or other 'mid range' scopes.

http://mtcoptics.co.uk

Shooting a Daystate Regal XL with a Hawke Sidewinder 30 6-24x56 with 1/2 Mil Dot reticle. I had to use the Hawke high rings and the scope just barely clears. I also had to switch the magazine over to load from the right side to the left because of the side wheel. Overall though I really like the scope other than it's weight. It's not a light scope by any means and probably belongs on a bench gun more so than my Regal but, viewing something at 24x with a 56mm objective is sweet.
http://www.hawkeoptics.com/sidewinder-6-24x56-20x-mil-dot.html

I also have a Daystate Huntsman & I don't want a heavy scope. 
I have been looking at the Hawke Sidewinder 30 but I know its big & heavy. I think I want to go with a little smaller AO on my scope.
A couple of the scopes I have been watching are the Hawke Sidewinder 30 HK4 009 (4-16X50) and the HK4 026 (6.5-20X42).
I mostly use the rifle for pest control, but the weight and the fact that I want to give Field Target a try is what is making wanting to find a happy medium.

Thanks