what scales for weighing pellets and slugs

As I was going through and organizing some stuff today I found a few different bags of slugs, as well as a bunch of slugs and pellets that have fallen out of their tins. I do have the .22 pellet gage to sort for size, but I have nothing to verify weight. I know alot of individuals that reload recommend analog scales due to drift of digital scales and the impact that can make with power charges, but I think it wouldn't matter as must for verifying ammo weight.

As always appreciate thoughts and inputs. 

I purchased a "Diamond" scale on eBay. I made sure it came with a calibration weight. So far, I've only recalibrated a handful of times with virtually no problems.

AmazonSmile: Smart Weigh GEM20 High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale, 20 x 0.001 Gram, Reloading, Jewelry and Gems Scale, Calibration Weights and Tweezers Included: Digital Kitchen Scales: Kitchen & Dining

This is the scale I've used. Just be patient and let it settle. Once in a while recalibrate if you think it needs it.

Good link, great scale. Sometime you get more than you pay for...

That scale has been around for a long time. Just store it with batteries removed, big parasitic loss leads to battery leak damage, even in the auto off mode.

Have same exact scale for years now. Unbelievable repeatable accuracy to .001g for $11 spent on it 7+ years ago. Still works like new. So much easier and faster than my $150 balance&weights never use them any longer.

No more is needed for our purposes imo.

I purchased a "Diamond" scale on eBay. I made sure it came with a calibration weight. So far, I've only recalibrated a handful of times with virtually no problems.

AmazonSmile: Smart Weigh GEM20 High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale, 20 x 0.001 Gram, Reloading, Jewelry and Gems Scale, Calibration Weights and Tweezers Included: Digital Kitchen Scales: Kitchen & Dining

This is the scale I've used. Just be patient and let it settle. Once in a while recalibrate if you think it needs it.

Thanks! 

I will have to check it out. I have a box full of Jsbs that will need sorted due to the non screw on lid popping open. 

Mine works, and for $17 you can't go wrong. Good luck with it.

oh, and put good batteries in it. If the voltage is low, it gets really cranky and won't hold weights.

Thanks again.

After taking a look at the scales I have at work ( A&D and Ohaus): which are around 400ish I ordered the scale you linked. It should work fine for my needs.

My question is will rechargeable batteries work fine for this, or will the device reduce their lifespan due to drain?

Mine works, and for $17 you can't go wrong. Good luck with it.

oh, and put good batteries in it. If the voltage is low, it gets really cranky and won't hold weights.

Thanks again.

After taking a look at the scales I have at work ( A&D and Ohaus): which are around 400ish I ordered the scale you linked. It should work fine for my needs.

My question is will rechargeable batteries work fine for this, or will the device reduce their lifespan due to drain?

I am still using the off brand alky batteries that came with it. I just remove them after each use and keep them rolled up in a small plastic bag in the magnetic top scale box it came with. Not sure what it takes to use them up, but started with my own copper tops and they leaked a little after about a year, so tossed them and used the ones that came with it. Making sure not to leave them in the scale like I did with the copper tops. I've used mine a lot, not leaking a drop, and 7 year old batteries.

There is a low bat warning. Once they die, sure your rechargeable or lithium would work fine. Key here is not to leave/store batteries in the device because of parasitic loss when off. And with a simple slide off bat cover its really not a problem to remove them when done using the scale...

jmo