• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Sam yang???

I agree, I've been looking at big bores in hopes that PA will at some point allow air gun hunting(big hopes) and I've been leaning towards a .45. I like the Sam Yang 909 and the Evanix Tactical Sniper, the sniper is a repeater, although it seems the magazine is pellet fussy. I've read that if it fits in the 909 it will probably shoot. if you want to spend a little more and can deal with the looks. the Airforce Texan packs loads of power and is very accurate. Tom Gaylord did a pretty nice review of it on his blog.

"ezerhoden14"I agree, I've been looking at big bores in hopes that PA will at some point allow air gun hunting(big hopes) and I've been leaning towards a .45. I like the Sam Yang 909 and the Evanix Tactical Sniper, the sniper is a repeater, although it seems the magazine is pellet fussy. I've read that if it fits in the 909 it will probably shoot. if you want to spend a little more and can deal with the looks. the Airforce Texan packs loads of power and is very accurate. Tom Gaylord did a pretty nice review of it on his blog.
The Texan is the most powerful of the 3 you mentioned. A head up though. If you haven't used a Air Force set up, the tank against the shoulder feels a bit different than shouldering a gun with a proper stock. If that's not a problem then go for it. The Sam yang does have some beautiful engraving on it though. I like that one. 

And if you like the look of the Sam Yang and want it to be more powerful you can send it to Will Piatt for a power tune. A power tune will get the power up to close to 400 FPE. Mr. Piatt have another tuner on staff now so the 6-8 months wait time is no longer a problem. Also, Evanix is releasing a 45 and 50 cal that's more powerful than the AF Texan soon. If you are not in a hurry you can wait to see the pricing of it. It should be close to the price of the Texan since that's the gun it's going to compete with.

Yea the Texan would be the most powerful.. not sure I personally could get over the looks. I really like the evanix styling and the traditional look of the Sam yang. I have lots of time before I buy a big bore, if ever... all depends on my state. Texan is Made in USA. will be interesting to see what's to come in future, the manufacturers are always bringing awesome products out

Well if you want to really get sexy you can get the Bushbuck from AoA. It's more powerful than the Texan, made in the US and designed by a real hunter. It also looks great if you like traditional rifles, but, and here's the big "But" , it's pretty pricey when compared to other big bores. It's $1895 for the laminate stock and over $2k for the walnut stock.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/WesternBigBores.html

"Dan"The bushbuck is a nice looking gun for sure. I think I will try the 909 so I can see how big bores handle before I dive into a $2000 gun. 
Thanks everyone for the great advice.
That's a great idea. I bought a 909S shot some stuff and enjoyed all the destruction it caused. After the initial love for all the power wore off, I began shooting my repeaters and put the 909 in my closet for 6 months. I eventually sold it because it was evolving into a safe queen.