What rings are you using on your FX Maverick?

I have my brand new Maverick and I mounted a one piece medium rings I was using on my RTI gun and I noticed I had to give a lot of elevation, when I finished zeroed the scope was almost maxed out, I think I have just around 10 clicks left. This doesn’t make any sense to me knowing the gun comes with a 20 MOA rail.

one thing I noticed was that the distance from the scope to the shroud is way bigger on this gun compared with the RTI, didn’t think this will make such a huge difference. 

I know FX no limits rings will probably solve the problem and that’s why I’m asking, what rings are you using? Did you have the same problem? 

I'm using Burris XTR rings on mine with about 40 MOA in the rings on top of the 20 MOA rail. That's not necessary at all, but I have tons of elevation I can dial up now :D I have noticed that the FX barrel system does tend to have a bit of droop to it, especially with a good sized moderator. I'm going to work out a way to make that barrel system more rigid at some point on my Maverick though. I also have a new scope and a 20 MOA single piece mount in route to test. I'll report back when I do. You could also go with the FX no limit or Eagle Vision rings. I believe UTG even has some adjustable rings now as well.

I thought the same thing...iv got the .30 600mm.

It seems they miscalculated the MOA needed for regular pic rings! Or the marketing team did it on purpose to upsell you the no Limits rings...Lol

I started out with UTG pro offset rings...it works for hold over shooting but couldn't get past about 80 yards dialing! Just bought the No Limits and gonna try dialing with the Helix FFP...

James from Michigan 

Thanks everyone for replying! I was a bit surprised when I realized how much elevation I was dialing to the scope that was previously on my RTI gun that also has a 20 MOA rail. If you ask me I believe there's a miscalculation because you should not have to use adjustable rings if you have a 20MOA rail (unless they install it backwards LOL)

What is amusing is that this is advertised, maybe they needed a 40 MOA rail to use the first 20 to offset whatever is going there and the other 20 so you can actually use it.

Anyways, I'll be ordering something, I'll research now, this is actually the first time I need to buy these adjustable rings... LOL

Take a look at the Eaglevisioncam rings Erlis. They are built like a tank, look great, are very well made, have plenty of adjustability and are very easy to use. 

Stoti

FB3090BF-60A2-4434-A2D8-245B03C73B39.1618247086.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the rail is 20 MOA, but the droopy FX barrel system is about -30 MOA 😆. I'm only knocking FX a little there, because they are still very accurate barrels. When I got my Maverick, I moved a scope from another gun that I shot a lot of long range stuff with. That scope was on XTR rings with the maximum MOA inserts. I was worried I would have to change out the inserts to ones with less cant, but not so. It's also a lesson in scope purchasing. I've passed up many scopes, because of lower ranges of elevation adjustment. If a scope doesn't have at least 60 MOA of elevation adjustment, I don't want it for an air gun. Every scope I own has 80+ MOA of elevation.