What Reliable Easy To Repair PCP Would You Choose

I've had my Caiman less than a week and I've done a few things on it (simple stuff like adjust the trigger) and the parts diagram only lists 10 O-rings but I don't really know how simple it is to maintain. Doesn't seem hard but I wish it came with a decent manual.

My five older PCPs (and all were purchased in 2020-2022) are 3 P35s, a Prod and an Avenger. The Prod hasn't really needed anything but I have taken it apart to increase fpe. It is simple and parts are readily available from Crosman. I don't shoot the Avenger much because it is so long. It got an early leak fix from Air Venturi and hasn't needed anything else. It doesn't look particularly difficult. I shot and messed the most with my P35s. I put a power plenum in the 25 caliber and that required removing and reinstalling the regulator. I took the trigger mechanism completely apart on the 25 (waste of time). The O-rings do not seem to be high quality but with better replacements none have given me a problem. Adjusting the trigger is easy on all of them. Parts availability may be better on the Avenger is probably better than the P35s due to 3rd party support. I've been able to get parts on the P35s, it just takes a long time. The P35 manual is the worst I've ever seen. The Avenger and Prod have better manuals than the much more expensive Caiman. While I've wanted other parts for the messing around I've done the only part I've really ever needed to replace has been O-rings. Those are readily available.

It always helps when the manual it comes with has this page

Oh and Sub12Airgun has a video is icing on the cake.

But I agree with several above, unregulated rifles are usually a breeze. Not all, but most.

IMG_3917.jpeg

Reactions: Dairyboy
Same here; Taipan Veteran.

There's nothing complicated about them.

Another desirable feature I recently learned is that all the hardware is standard sizes and threads. I bought a used aluminum chassis kit that was kind of a basket case, didn't come with any bolts for the wooden cheek piece or to hold the stock to the action, and the standard bolts for those locations with the laminate stock aren't the correct length for the aluminum stock. So, trip to the Ace bins, bout $8 worth of bolts of various lengths and sizes, and I had everything I needed. I've found some super funky sized orings and threads on other high end airguns, even mixing metric and "American" in some cases, but not the Vet.

Reactions: Headshots
While I am a huge Taipan fan, one thing to consider, parts... Since the vet 1 seems to be , or will soon be discontinued, how does one acquire replacement parts? Now I have 2 vet 1 guns. Each set different purpose, when one breaks where I can't repair it, It becomes the parts gun for the other. Nowadays, I would most likely recommend a stout tank of a gun that is modular, which will have a readily available supply of parts if needed. JMHO.

While I am a huge Taipan fan, one thing to consider, parts... Since the vet 1 seems to be , or will soon be discontinued, how does one acquire replacement parts? Now I have 2 vet 1 guns. Each set different purpose, when one breaks where I can't repair it, It becomes the parts gun for the other. Nowadays, I would most likely recommend a stout tank of a gun that is modular, which will have a readily available supply of parts if needed. JMHO.
I’ve always been interested in taipan. I had an agt but ergonomically just wasn’t for me. Is talon tunes a good source for parts? I know Orings can be had but what if you do something simple as damage a shroud? Can all parts be easily had? Always been my worry with these companies.

Theoben Rapid MkII, will have one of the newer HM1000X rifles and it should be the same.
^^^This^^^. Although a Rapid mk1 is even easier to maintain, only 5 o rings and 2 of them are the same, no reg that can cause issues, just point and shoot.
They almost never fail and if they do it’s generally user error and simple to fix.

Bb

I’ve always been interested in taipan. I had an agt but ergonomically just wasn’t for me. Is talon tunes a good source for parts? I know Orings can be had but what if you do something simple as damage a shroud? Can all parts be easily had? Always been my worry with these companies.
talon tunes is the only parts supplier for taipan i know of. if you go taipan , get the valve seal or poppet, spring, all the other parts? NO. I think you are SOL.