What rear bags are you using with FX Impact and bag rider?

I have an Impact with what seems to be a very common build - Saber Tactical rear bag rider, and Saber Tactical long arca/picatinny front rail. I use an Atlas bipod on the front with the legs at 45 degrees. I looked at a lot of bags and only found one rear bag that fit the height requirements to level my rifle: https://wiebad.com/mini-range-cube/

With the bag on its side, the height allows for level orientation or muzzle slightly up/down. On its end, the height is about an inch taller and allows for muzzle down further. Before this bag I was stacking foam pads with a couple different rear bags and never quite getting the right height. This greatly simplified things.

What rear bag are you using on your Impact w/bag rider?

20210613_142459.1630538445.jpg

Reactions: rsfrid
I just got my Impact last week and a bag rider yesterday, so this thread is very timely for me. For now I plan on using what I have, which is a Caldwell rabbit ear rear bag.

rear bag.1630538651.jpg

That's one of the bags I was trying to make work. With the atlas bipod up front, it takes 4" under the bag rider to level the gun. This meant stacking 1 inch foam pads under that caldwell bag. The bunny ears also didn't seem to interface with the flat/square bottom of the bag rider very well and seemed a bit inconsistent when moved around.

Something else I saw mentioned are these adjustable scissor platforms, that you could pair with a small minimalist bag: scissor platform . Unknown how stable a setup would be, but they seem inexpensive.

And one more idea that I'm sure would work with the varied heights and weird shapes we are dealing with: Flatline Ops body-bag

I've been looking through the photos from RMAC 2021 for ideas and most of the competitors seem to be using a rabbit ear rear bag of some sort. The scissor stand is interesting but I'm afraid it might be too wobbly. Personally, I will probably stick with a bag of some sort for the back. Some time ago I made some of my own bags out of heavy socks and airsoft B-B's.

squeeze bag 1.1630585260.jpg

squeeze bag 2.1630585279.jpg

Reactions: douger
That's one of the bags I was trying to make work. With the atlas bipod up front, it takes 4" under the bag rider to level the gun. This meant stacking 1 inch foam pads under that caldwell bag. The bunny ears also didn't seem to interface with the flat/square bottom of the bag rider very well and seemed a bit inconsistent when moved around.

Something else I saw mentioned are these adjustable scissor platforms, that you could pair with a small minimalist bag: scissor platform . Unknown how stable a setup would be, but they seem inexpensive.

And one more idea that I'm sure would work with the varied heights and weird shapes we are dealing with: Flatline Ops body-bag
I like the idea of the Flatline Ops but even with the segment design I see it constantly flattening/unrolling.
I have two different size cylindrical, one flat sorta pillow shaped and one wedge that work either alone or stacked. I slso have four 3/4” thick 1x6’s that I stack as necessary. They have wooden dowel pins in them and mating holes so they don’t slide around when stacked.
Randy

My vote would be something in the design range of the Armageddon Game Changer Bag.

I use this bag for rear support while tuning on the bench/punching groups.

On the steering wheel of the UTV (just setting my rifle right on top of the bag) while out on the farm taking out pests.

Throw it on top of the UTV roof and throw my rifle on it when shooting Bullfrog.

Throw the bag onto the bench railing of my deck to make a quick shot on a House Sparrow or Starling sitting on the Purple Martin House.

My opinion would be buy a bag that does it all.

20210707_185836.jpg

20201217_133025.jpg

20200406_094258_1.png

IMG_20220602_180445_571.jpg

IMG_20210624_194530_345.jpg

IMG_20200703_113715_173.jpg

IMG_20200102_160504_369.jpg

IMG_20191125_170841_724.jpg