What really grinds my gears....

So I get this email saying...14% off site wide use coupon code 14off , So I thought cool and put the Airforce Texan SS 30 cal In the basket typed in the coupon code and ....This promo code you entered Is not applicable to your order . WTF then the offer Is not sitewide . Airgun Depot should make It clear code does not apply to all Items .

Have a merry xmas ...

I don't like it either but I think PA and AD both have disclosures on the individual products page saying discounts don't apply. As you said if it is site wide then that means everything.

I just left feedback addressing this. I see it diferently. My E-Mail read: Quote “Sitewide” that’s it. Click the link only to see the fine print: excitement DOA. 

1544220833_9947700385c0af0a131ddb6.18656622_72AF5BEA-1F23-47C3-BC60-90645F4BA68C.jpeg

Indeed, all the way on the bottom it says in very fine print “MAP (please tell me what this means) items excluded. 

Just MY Humble Opinion.

personally i haven't seen any majorly impressive deals on anything other than a couple buxs here a couple there. If i was a Air gun manufacturer like sayyyy.... edgun and wanted to sell the crap out of some guns id drop the price on my products 500.00 bux and i wouldnt be able to build them fast enough. Imagine the leshiy selling for 800.00 That gos for all the big names and air compressors too!

I got the e mail too and it clearly states “14% off site wide”. It should apply to anything on their web site. The only exclusion I see if for “map products”. What are map products?

MAP...Basically means a place like Bass Pros can’t sell it any cheaper then a Walmart or Cabalas or your small town sport shop, you see this with a lot of bigger ticket fishing items like Trolling motors, Depth Finders, Cameras etc, just keeps everyone on the same playing field as far as pricing goes.

The dealers have no control on MAP pricing. It is common for MAP items to be excluded from sales. If a dealer gets caught selling the item below MAP, that dealer may lose the privilege of selling that manufacturers items in the future. It is good because it will prevent 1 airgun company from becoming the Walmart of the airgun industry. 

The dealers have no control on MAP pricing. It is common for MAP items to be excluded from sales. If a dealer gets caught selling the item below MAP, that dealer may lose the privilege of selling that manufacturers items in the future. It is good because it will prevent 1 airgun company from becoming the Walmart of the airgun industry.

Dealers can sell below MAP! They cannot ADVERTISE a lower than MAP price however.

Each manufacturer and supplier have their own policies in this area. For example many items that Air Venturi carries list a MAP price but actually carry NO MAP pricing from the manufacturer.If a dealer buys from AV then the dealer is bound by the MAP policy of AV on those items.

Thanks Imold. After reading some of the other posts I remember that there are several fishing electronics e stores that list MAP prices but have a note to call or add to cart to see the price. This way the price isn't "advertised" so to speak.

I'll probably order some more pellets to try in my 601 to go along with the 10,000 that I bought on black Friday for my two 300S's. This really is a disease isn't it? LOL