• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

what power scope

Vector has some very good optics for the price. I have three now, just bought a Paragon 3-15x50 and am impressed with it.

Reactions: cuda66
I haven't tried a Veyron 6-24 but may gift myself one for Christmas. I prefer SFP so the reticle remains visible at 6X. I think Krale has them for under $200 but the description on their website is poor, I will probably call them (cheap if you do it by cell phone over the internet). I use an Athlon Talos 6-24 now on my P35-177. It is SFP and is a nice scope but a little big for a small bullpup. I have an Arken EPL-4 6-24 on my P35-22. It is a little above your price range but is a very nice scope with great tracking. But it is FFP and the reticle is not really useful at 6X IMHO. Sometimes 8X will work but may need illumination (which it has). The EPL is light for an Arken but still kind of heavy. The only use I need 24X for is target shooting. If that is not a big deal for you, a 4-16 or less may also work well. I use a Primary Arms 4-14 on my P35-25. The glass is pretty clear so it is not too bad for shooting targets but the reticle is thick enough I can dial it down to my desired 6X for hunting (it is FFP but with a much thicker reticle than the Arken or what I expect on the Veyron).

As JimD says, you may want to look at Arkens…

Using the current Save25% coupon code, the EPL-4 6x24 would be a great scope - but around $330 with the coupon. (I have two of the scope - love it) .

Arken also has this new lightweight model 6x24. I have not tried it but the specs look good and Arken is known for great build and turrets. Its well within your price range using the coupon code $300 - 25% = $225. The 4x16 model is $265 - 25% = $198.75

-Ed

Hi, new to the scope market, looking for a scope that would work well
for shooting air guns at a range from 30 to 100 yards, what power?
looking for $150 to $300 range. thanks for your input.
@cuda66
This isn’t a power dependent question, but which type of airgun, a PCP or spring powered airgun? This makes a difference on the type of scope one might recommend.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOMER and Gerry52
I haven't tried a Veyron 6-24 but may gift myself one for Christmas. I prefer SFP so the reticle remains visible at 6X. I think Krale has them for under $200 but the description on their website is poor, I will probably call them (cheap if you do it by cell phone over the internet). I use an Athlon Talos 6-24 now on my P35-177. It is SFP and is a nice scope but a little big for a small bullpup. I have an Arken EPL-4 6-24 on my P35-22. It is a little above your price range but is a very nice scope with great tracking. But it is FFP and the reticle is not really useful at 6X IMHO. Sometimes 8X will work but may need illumination (which it has). The EPL is light for an Arken but still kind of heavy. The only use I need 24X for is target shooting. If that is not a big deal for you, a 4-16 or less may also work well. I use a Primary Arms 4-14 on my P35-25. The glass is pretty clear so it is not too bad for shooting targets but the reticle is thick enough I can dial it down to my desired 6X for hunting (it is FFP but with a much thicker reticle than the Arken or what I expect on the Veyron).
Jim,
Purchased second VV 6-24x44 SFP from Krale on Nov. 2. MPR V-10 reticle and IR (6 shades of red center dot) is impressive. Scope lists around $181, total on credit card, $207. Several choices offered during purchase process, MPR V-10 and IR are included in $181. Other reticle choices are available, cost extra. Three earlier VV 6-24x44 FFP, purchased at Optics Warehouse (UK) first $211, last $260, no IR, no numbers on reticle. Krale's SFP, red center dot IR and MPR V-10 for $207, beat the others hands down. WM

How big of a target? Iron sight work to 600 yards at CMP matches. 6x is enough to hit coke cans at 300 with my powder burning .243. Power means less than most realize.
agree 100% I'm good with a straight 4x or 2-7(parallax adjustable to 10 yards, i prefer) on my airguns I shoot to 75 yards.
Some of my PB antique single shots have 6x scope and I don't feel under scoped and shoot good groups at 200 yards.

Reactions: cuda66 and SHOMER
Tom, 😊

you're looking at PCP's. Great! 👍🏼 There are many many different features, options, considerations. Almost a "universe."

Well, scopes are truly a "universe" by themselves.

So, unless you just want to buy something quickly, just to get started, and it doesn't matter much, and buying another and then another is not really an issue for you — then it is worth learning a bit more about scopes and how they can assist or hinder you in making good shots — in order to choose a scope that does what YOU NEED it to do for you and your specific shooting scenarios.....

🟠 You could read some of the options, functions, and issues involved here:

🟠 The two Scope Specs Tables attached to that post are now outdated, so below I will attach two updated Specs Tables with magnification ranges most relevant to you.
In the introduction of the Tables there is more detailed information why or what specs are significant for which shooting scenarios.

Cheers, 😊

Matthias

❌ Scope Specs Tables
➊ 4-16x | 3-18x | 4-20x
➋ 6-24x | 5-25x | 5-30x | 4-20x

View attachment -SCOPE Specs Table. For 4-16x or 3-18x or 4-20x Scopes.pdf

View attachment -SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf

Tom, 😊

you're looking at PCP's. Great! 👍🏼 There are many many different features, options, considerations. Almost a "universe."

Well, scopes are truly a "universe" by themselves.

So, unless you just want to buy something quickly, just to get started, and it doesn't matter much, and buying another and then another is not really an issue for you — then it is worth learning a bit more about scopes and how they can assist or hinder you in making good shots — in order to choose a scope that does what YOU NEED it to do for you and your specific shooting scenarios.....

🟠 You could read some of the options, functions, and issues involved here:

🟠 The two Scope Specs Tables attached to that post are now outdated, so below I will attach two updated Specs Tables with magnification ranges most relevant to you.
In the introduction of the Tables there is more detailed information why or what specs are significant for which shooting scenarios.

Cheers, 😊

Matthias

❌ Scope Specs Tables
➊ 4-16x | 3-18x | 4-20x
➋ 6-24x | 5-25x | 5-30x | 4-20x

View attachment 415215

View attachment 415216
thank you sir, great information

I bought an EPL-4 6-24x50 and loved everything about it EXCEPT that it wouldn't focus down to 10M as claimed and the finish on mine was very blotched looking. Wound up returning it for refund.
Mine are cosmetically and functional fine. ZERO issues BUT given they are lovingly hand crafted in China, as are most, I'd assume it's normal. They would have replaced it, I've found their customer service to be very good, they should have replaced it.