What pistol did you shoot today

Finished putting together the AimX, Simmons Prohunter 4x32 scope and a Rowan Engineering 6 shot mag system

IMG_0269.jpeg
IMG_0270.jpeg
IMG_0274.jpeg
IMG_4339.jpeg

This diehard IZH46M is still one of my favorites. The new AV grip is a direct fit & feels so much better! The pump lever pad just needed its channel widened.

View attachment 445852

Very nice. :) The IZH-46M is one fine competition pistol unfortunately missing in my collection. :(

What brand is the grip? I thought it was RINK for a moment, but the palm rest adjustment screw that's usually located on the back side of the grip isn't there... :unsure:

Reactions: Bandito
Hi Helmet. I bought the grip from Air Venturi in the U.S. for $100 + shipping & tax. They are the importer for the AV-46M from Alfa Precision in Russia. The grip is made in Finland for Alfa.
Here's an article about the newer gun.

Brian

Hi Helmet. I bought the grip from Air Venturi in the U.S. for $100 + shipping & tax. They are the importer for the AV-46M from Alfa Precision in Russia. The grip is made in Finland for Alfa.
Here's an article about the newer gun.

Brian
Thanks for the reply. I skimmed through the article, but wasn't able to find the name of the Finnish grip maker. Would you have any idea of what brand the grip is? I'd really like a grip like that, and I live in a neighbor country to Finland so it would be much easier to just order it directly from the maker.

Hi Rcope. How do you like the 78Gs?
It's great, the 78G and the 79G deserve their reputation as being very accurate, great feel, and easy to work on. I chronied this at an average of374 fps with CP 14.3's. I think it might benefit from a lighter pellet, but I haven't tested that yet. I have had the 79G for awhile, this is the first time with the 78G.

Shot my IZH 46m a while this morning. Strong wind. I was plinking, shooting at hanging soda cans at 10m, and doing a rather good job of hittting them. When I got back in I found the grub screw that secures the front sight to the barrel was loose so the sight could move side to side, It's a wonder I was hitting anything, I took it out applied some loctite and reinstalled and tightened it.