• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What pistol did you shoot today

Bought a second Diana Chaser. Set this one up with the barrel from an Airbug with the heavier barrel weight and tall front sight. Mounted a Williams 5D-AG sight and drilled out the aperture until I could get a good view of the front sight and an acceptable sight picture. Ended up drilling it out with a #84 0.0115" drill bit. Where I have the elevation set is right on the bullseye at 10 meters. Took it out and did some 1/10 scale steel silhouette plinking and the sight setup works really well. Going to do a bit of trigger tuning next.

Chaser 5D-AG.JPG

Took it and the 2300S both out for a some plinking. My faithful assistant Serenis is never far.

Serenis 2.JPG

I like to hang the steel silhouettes from tree branches with a bit of baling wire. No need to set them back up, and a gentle breeze gives the pine boughs a bit of movement for an added challenge.

target2.JPG

AEA M50 .457 pistol makes the basement go boom. Hearing protection absolutely necessary.

Testing out my home made pellet trap. Big plastic bin with bricks in the back and then stuffed with rubber mulch. As well as an "innovative" multi-layer front (plastic lid, rubber mat, foam, corrugated plastic board and finally paper targets). This pistol puts out 180 fpe and the trap works great.

20231101_132642.jpg

That is from the middle sister, a Xisico xsp120d, a cousin of the P17. 33 feet (10m), 2 hand freehand standing, open sites, .177 barrel, crosman wads 7.4. The ring is just bigger than a quarter. I either shoot right, or the sites need adjusting. A lot of fun for sure

16990545837124438113360555097819.jpg

16990546981265758891946380771329.jpg

Just got this HW 75 last night. Cannot say how impressed I am by it. Will not change or adjust anything.

Do have one gripe and that is the location of the safety, as I keep engaging it by accident. I hope I get over that by being more careful how I handle it.

Trigger is perfect as is. Thought I would try the AoA inspection and testing service and they must have cleaned it when they did that because the gun was pristine and only one patch showed a very small amount of color from the bore. Their chrony test showed velocities from 406 to 417 for a 411 average and a SD of 4.

Last night and this morning I have been shooting it at 6 meters offhand and the weight and balance are great. Wish I didn't need the optic but it is necessary for me, and the Burris Fast Fire 3 is pretty small and light. Now, I am testing brands of pellets to see what it likes from my bench at 10 meters. Only tested a few brands so far but the accuracy is incredible with H&N Field Target Trophy 4.52. HN FTT 4.50 was real good and 4.51 much better but 4.52 was outstanding. Must have a largish bore.

IMG_0915.jpg

More info on how I added the suppressor. The gun is finger snap quiet. I intended to apply what I learned on a P17 but never got around to it.

I made an adapter by cutting 10mm OD x 8mm ID carbon fiber tube to an appropriate length to slip fit inside the 10mm hole the muzzle sits in. A stainless steel 11mm OD x 10mm ID tube was cut to length and used as a sleeve over the CF tube and JB welded to the CF. A Buck Rail 2240 slip on suppressor was then press fit over the 11mm SS sleeve for a nice snug fit.

A Dremel and sand paper wrapped around various diameter sockets was used to remove material from the bottom of the gun and trigger guard in order to clear the suppressor.

Finally, a little trial and error to find the right amount of spacers and screw length to act as a travel stop when the gun opened up to load and take in air. That’s the silver 3mm round head screw with spacers under it. There is a grub screw in the forward hole that holds the suppressor adapter in place.

After all that, I ended up having to ream out the baffles of the suppressor slightly because of slight slop and caddywompasanous in the xsp120s barrel mounting.

View attachment 399908

View attachment 399909
caddywompasanous HAHAHAHA love this .
OH great job in the work performed !

Reactions: rtypec
Just got this HW 75 last night. Cannot say how impressed I am by it. Will not change or adjust anything.

Do have one gripe and that is the location of the safety, as I keep engaging it by accident. I hope I get over that by being more careful how I handle it.

Trigger is perfect as is. Thought I would try the AoA inspection and testing service and they must have cleaned it when they did that because the gun was pristine and only one patch showed a very small amount of color from the bore. Their chrony test showed velocities from 406 to 417 for a 411 average and a SD of 4.

Last night and this morning I have been shooting it at 6 meters offhand and the weight and balance are great. Wish I didn't need the optic but it is necessary for me, and the Burris Fast Fire 3 is pretty small and light. Now, I am testing brands of pellets to see what it likes from my bench at 10 meters. Only tested a few brands so far but the accuracy is incredible with H&N Field Target Trophy 4.52. HN FTT 4.50 was real good and 4.51 much better but 4.52 was outstanding. Must have a largish bore.

View attachment 402905
That’s a beauty. You’ve created an itch I might have to scratch! They’re a lot of us that can’t shoot stock irons anymore, no worries. My HW45 wears a red dot. Proudly LOL.

Overcast but pretty warm out today. Shot the HW75, Tau-7, and my 1946 Schimel GP-22. Came to me in a box in pieces. Re-sealed and assembled it at the beginning of summer, and it's still shooting great. Shot some RWS 11.9gr wadcutters through the chrono, and it's still shooting hard at an average of around 565fps. Loud too, close to a .22lr bolt action rifle kind of bang. Getting about 30 shots per 8 gram C02.

Tau7&75.JPG

schimel-2.JPG

No shooting today.
Went to watch some Nitromethane powered, drag racing for the day.

Mike
That'll rattle you from head to toe. I remember my Dad taking me to my first national drag race. There is absolutely no way the sound, feel, and smell of nitromethane can be replicated, you just have to be there. I remember seeing Kenny Bernstein go 301 mph with a 4.99 back in the late 80's at Firebird in AZ, the first time I saw a 300mph run. It was sunset, header flames visible the whole way down. Good times.

View attachment 402905The 75 is a great pistil I love my P2

IMG_0052.jpeg

That'll rattle you from head to toe. I remember my Dad taking me to my first national drag race. There is absolutely no way the sound, feel, and smell of nitromethane can be replicated, you just have to be there. I remember seeing Kenny Bernstein go 301 mph with a 4.99 back in the late 80's at Firebird in AZ, the first time I saw a 300mph run. It was sunset, header flames visible the whole way down. Good times.
In red above...very accurate comments.
Been either going to, and or racing myself since late 1962. I had my own (gasoline unfortunately !) car (1950 Anglia) from 1982 to 1995. Ran in the 9.80's on a good day.
Looking to buy a car now to go racing again, before father time calls on me !

Mike

Shot my FAS 604 again this evening, trying to practice every day after a disappointing session on Sunday.
Saw it could do with a new breech seal, and after a couple of minutes taken to fit a quad seal (or X-ring) it had gone from ~370 fps to ~390. Planning to swap the piston seal too, and maybe pack the piston to increase compression.
My hope is that crisper cut holes will make scoring competition cards easier, unless I am so bad that there will be no problem seeing where all the individual pellet holes are!

Playing with my .410 quackenbush! This thing is probably one of the most fun air guns I've used. The ability to use anything from 00 lead to airsoft bbs is really useful. I've been playing with it in the house which gets interesting at times, only with airsoft indoors though. It'll go through the hard cover of a book.
20231109_102409.jpg

Got a new air pistol yesterday. One of my favorite PB pistols is my 9mm Steyr M9 Gen1. I've been looking for an airgun replica of it for practice purposes, and I discovered ASG makes one. It's a Steyr M9-A1, which will have to be close enough as there is no Gen1 airgun version made. It's a non-blowback .177 BB C02 with a DAO trigger.

Shoots well enough to plink beer cans at 15 yds, and has a pretty smooth trigger for a DAO. Got over 50 shots per cartridge, and velocity looks and feels like the advertised 450fps. I'll chrono it later to verify. Has a traditional steel single stack magazine that holds 20 rds. After 4 cartridges it's 100% reliable so far and a fun shooter. Overall weight, balance, and feel are very close to the real M9. Temps are warming up so I'll be giving it a more extensive workout today.

9mm M9 top, C02 M9-A1 bottom-

Steyr pair.JPG

The Springfield tac light for the 9mm M9 fits the air pistol perfectly-

177-m9a1.JPG

I've been wanting to mount a red dot on my HW75, but haven't been able to find a Weaver to dovetail adapter that would fit the odd 14mm Weihrauch dovetail. Digging around in my parts drawer I found an adapter I've never tried, and gave it a shot. Bingo! It's tight, but it mates the gun with a Bushnell compact sight perfectly centered and square. Finally! Going to give it a good workout this afternoon as well. Best thing about SSP's is no need for a recoil stop.

75-red dot2.JPG

Last edited: