What pistol did you shoot today

HW70 with the new breech seal shooting strong, now I need to sight it in.

View attachment 368417View attachment 368416
I rebuilt mine after someone thought it would be fun to shoot a Dremel Tool bit from it. My rebuild only lasted about 8 tins, so I probanly need to get in the chamber and polish it. I have the parts now, and a new mainspring. A great old HW.

received_749951129913209.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Modski66
Decided to shoot some wheelguns. Been raining for 3 days straight. Finally have a dry day, so it's good to get out. Taking out my old Crosman 357 I bought 20 some years ago, the Vigilante I bought last year, and a Umarex Colt Python. All are great shooters for the money.

View attachment 368544

View attachment 368545
My granddaughter shooting my ten shot.
My original six shot was stolen in 95. I still have the six shots holster and a bunch of clips.

I have a theory that the faster lock time on 0.177 Tempest and Hurricanes avoids any torque twisting induced accuracy problems. I might see if I can pick up a proper Brummie Tempest if the opportunity ever presents itself, just to find out if my theory is correct. Unfortunately 0.177 examples are like rocking-horse poop, most that come up for sale are in the "man's calibre". :confused:
My first springer, my first pistol, and my first Beeman product, was a .177 Tempest.
I called it coke can accuracy, compared to my later acquisitions, which were labled, wire nut accuracy.

Reactions: Modski66
My new HW75 showed up this morning. It's been a long wait. And of course, we've got thunderstorms with sideways rain. Well, I can't wait. I've got a clear shot out one of the back windows at some 6" hanging steel disks about 20 yards from the window. Right out of the box the sights are fairly dialed in. Using 7gr RWS Hobby I was hitting all the plates consistently with the top of the front sight right on the top edge of the disks.

First impression is just wow! Perfect fit and finish, one of the best out of the box triggers I've ever felt, and closing the action/compression effort is far easier than either of my other overlever SSP pistols, the V10 and P17. Of course, everything is easier than the P17.

I'm surprised at the overall weight. I thought the gun would weigh pretty much the same as my Beeman P1. The 75 is definitely lighter. Soon as we get a break from the weather, I'll be doing some more formal testing with various pellets at 10 meters and also get some chrono numbers.

View attachment 370199
Awesome gun right there.

Reactions: Northwoods22
Shot this one yesterday. I still don't know how this gun didn't get on my radar thirty years ago?
Very accurate on small targets at 28 yards from the bench.

View attachment 371556

The 717 was my first truly accurate air pistol. Bought it new back in the 80's for $59.95. It was also the priciest air pistol I had purchased at that point. Re-sealed it a couple times over the years, and it still shoots great. It's one of those guns I'll never sell.

Reactions: .20calguy
These two turned up today, the Crosman 38T seems to work fine, not the powerhouse I thought it would be, 7 grain pellets at 340 fps.
At least that was better than the Daisy Power(less)line that initially dumped a whole capsule through the piercing cap, then after swapping that out from my 78G, it was spitting pellets out at around 230 fps. 😡

20230711_173003.jpg

So the Daisy is now a project...

The 717 was my first truly accurate air pistol. Bought it new back in the 80's for $59.95. It was also the priciest air pistol I had purchased at that point. Re-sealed it a couple times over the years, and it still shoots great. It's one of those guns I'll never sell.
Mine is still all original. Its been put away for about thirty years. Its the 747

20230602_184601.jpg

HW45, Custom Shop 2300 .22 and Kim’s 2240XL carbine after I put the silver adapter on her black gun and a brass one on my 2300 with the brass trigger. Aesthetics matter LOL.
I had never owned a CO2 gun that wasn't just a cool, shooting replica. So seeing them often on here I was motivated to try a 2240. That thing in factory issue spec, is near about as precsion as a red ryder. Lol I never realy examined the gun. I just threw a cartridge in it, loaded it up and started shooting. It wouldn't zero. When I looked at it from the front, the barrel was pointing acouple of degrees left, and the barrel band was twisted with it. The screws in the barrel band were completely loose.
I just ordered the steel breech and a red dot for it.
Do you have a sugestion for a moderator for the stock barrel, or a preferred barrel length for a replacement barrel? A better b band? Your thoughts?

I had never owned a CO2 gun that wasn't just a cool, shooting replica. So seeing them often on here I was motivated to try a 2240. That thing in factory issue spec, is near about as precsion as a red ryder. Lol I never realy examined the gun. I just threw a cartridge in it, loaded it up and started shooting. It wouldn't zero. When I looked at it from the front, the barrel was pointing acouple of degrees left, and the barrel band was twisted with it. The screws in the barrel band were completely loose.
I just ordered the steel breech and a red dot for it.
Do you have a sugestion for a moderator for the stock barrel, or a preferred barrel length for a replacement barrel? A better b band? Your thoughts?
Well, it’s like the old racing adage. Speed costs money, how fast do you wanna go? The Buck Rail moderators for the stock barrel are great. That’s what’s on my Custom Shop 2300. TKO makes one that’s very nice but more money. All require optics because you have to remove front sight. Steel breech is the only way to go. Both our 2240 are the XL which has it stock. Also has a threaded end for screw on mod. Buck Rail and TKO make one for it also. Stock Crosman barrel is very, very good and I like the compact length on the pistols. I have a 10.5” barrel to test on Kim’s carbine at some point. More pop with longer barrel because the 2240 is famously over sprung. Can cut a coil(s) on hammer spring or get a power adjuster to increase shot count and not lose any power with stock barrel. The LW barrels are excellent but pricey. Honestly, I think I’d put the steel breech and red dot on with the stock barrel and test it. The grips are of course horrible. Sets of Steve Corcoran grips transformed both my Custom Shop 2300 and my 2300S.

And then there’s the trigger. On par with the finest Gamo P-80 triggers. Some polishing, a little moly, and some spring work can give a very decent trigger. Still single stage but can be made smooth and light. Nervoustrig has a great write up on what to do. I don’t go as light as he does because I just compress my springs rather than replacing. Can still get down around 1.5 lb. Believe he said he’s gotten his down to 8 oz. Too light for my taste. if you haven’t seen his write up I’ll find and post a link. Work the trigger over, install the steel breech and RD and you’ll have an idea whether it’s something you want to keep.

Well, it’s like the old racing adage. Speed costs money, how fast do you wanna go? The Buck Rail moderators for the stock barrel are great. That’s what’s on my Custom Shop 2300. TKO makes one that’s very nice but more money. All require optics because you have to remove front sight. Steel breech is the only way to go. Both our 2240 are the XL which has it stock. Also has a threaded end for screw on mod. Buck Rail and TKO make one for it also. Stock Crosman barrel is very, very good and I like the compact length on the pistols. I have a 10.5” barrel to test on Kim’s carbine at some point. More pop with longer barrel because the 2240 is famously over sprung. Can cut a coil(s) on hammer spring or get a power adjuster to increase shot count and not lose any power with stock barrel. The LW barrels are excellent but pricey. Honestly, I think I’d put the steel breech and red dot on with the stock barrel and test it. The grips are of course horrible. Sets of Steve Corcoran grips transformed both my Custom Shop 2300 and my 2300S.

And then there’s the trigger. On par with the finest Gamo P-80 triggers. Some polishing, a little moly, and some spring work can give a very decent trigger. Still single stage but can be made smooth and light. Nervoustrig has a great write up on what to do. I don’t go as light as he does because I just compress my springs rather than replacing. Can still get down around 1.5 lb. Believe he said he’s gotten his down to 8 oz. Too light for my taste. if you haven’t seen his write up I’ll find and post a link. Work the trigger over, install the steel breech and RD and you’ll have an idea whether it’s something you want to keep.
Thanks
It looks like a lot can be done with these guys. I've even found .20 cal actions with threaded Walther barrels. Maybe for another build.
I like your idea of slowing down the hammer on this short barrel .22. It's loud and has a rather poor shot count. A holster would be nice for this one too, if it weren't for the red dot. I found some Continuum grips, that would match my Crown lol.

Screenshot_20230626_104344_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Thanks
It looks like a lot can be done with these guys. I've even found .20 cal actions with threaded Walther barrels. Maybe for another build.
I like your idea of slowing down the hammer on this short barrel .22. It's loud and has a rather poor shot count. A holster would be nice for this one too, if it weren't for the red dot. I found some Continuum grips, that would match my Crown lol.

View attachment 372160
Really the wheelhouse for these guns. You can get a longer barrel, mode the valve, etc. and really up the power. And get what, maybe 20 good shots? I like it running 6-7 FPE and getting 35-40 good shots. Perfect for what I do with it. I have other things for critters if needed.