• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What pistol did you shoot today

This is really sad to me. I have a walk behind all wheel drive mower and while mowing today I ran over a toad. I did NOT see him until I came back on the next swath and he hadn't died. I had to go inside and get my nearly silent .22 P-rod to finish him. That kind of thing really bothers me. Be Well Brothers, 'dito.

That is pretty sad. I did that to a snake last season. But you could have just finished him off with the mower...

Some time with the M29 today, I fitted a full length 0.177 rifled barrel to this last year, I wasn't sure about the accuracy at short range, so tried it at 10m, rested and off-hand.
Niether cards were particularly great, this pistol did shoot much better with a different barrel that had to go into a friend's M29 (long story), so I think I might be on the lookout for a new piece of barrel to machine for this pistol.
One glimmer of hope is that the shells are quite tight on the pellet skirts, so I have started reaming them out, six done so far, and the fps has gone up from around 390 to 420, maybe it will help with the accuracy...

20240512_082621.jpg

I bought a couple of Gamo PR776 pistols a few years back $50 each. One is still sealed in plastic. I've shot the other quite a bit. For some reason I sure like it. The way you load it is awesome. All metal construction. Gamo actually did a good job with the way the cylinder seals. Feels good in the hand. Shoot very nice in single action, not so much in double. And today, I happily killed soda cans form 30 feet, I'm glad I bought extra magazines too.

20240515_171500~2.jpg

Tried to find a grub screw to hold the adjustable front sight insert into the Diana 6M. No luck. It is about a three or four MM thread. When I find one I may have to get precise and insert a brass tip in it. Tried to get an O-ring to place inside the groove for a friction fit. No luck. May have to do a search at Airgunwerks, Baker's, or other service folks. Be Well my Pistoleros, 'dito.

Took the HW45 .20 for a walk. View attachment 464290I love these fibre optic sights. Maybe because I can see them. Probably not for precision shooting but great for a guy with tired eyes. Fantastic gun. Crow
I also like the fiber optics but still had to scope it what a great pistol
IMG_0897.jpeg

Swapped my less than immaculate Webley Premier for this which arrived in the post this morning.
It is in excellent condition and the brief test I had, seems to shoot very nicely.

20240518_141046.jpg

Have wanted a glossy one for some time, my first example was matt and multi-tonal, which was always a disappointment.

Happy days! 😁