• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

What pistol did you shoot today

Took the GK1 to the range to try out the new carbine stock. Started out at the 25 yard then we got bored so we tried out the 50 yard range, had to tweak the sights a little but on target. 450 rounds shot today with no jams :)

50 yards GK1.jpg

GK1 at 50 yards overview.jpg

This is really sad to me. I have a walk behind all wheel drive mower and while mowing today I ran over a toad. I did NOT see him until I came back on the next swath and he hadn't died. I had to go inside and get my nearly silent .22 P-rod to finish him. That kind of thing really bothers me. Be Well Brothers, 'dito.

• Sad
Reactions: crowski and Genob
Primaz that range looks to be set up for shooting flintlock with the shields up at the benches. Maybe they deflect casings. Be Well, 'dito.
Thank god for the shields and even with them I get hit with big brass bullet casings every so often. Most are shooting AR15's, black powder rifles, etc. Out of 50 people there approximately there was only one other air gunner shooting ;) The Huben with Subsribers 2.75" moderator is so quiet especially when I needed serious ear protection with the big calibers all around me.,

Reactions: Bandito
This is really sad to me. I have a walk behind all wheel drive mower and while mowing today I ran over a toad. I did NOT see him until I came back on the next swath and he hadn't died. I had to go inside and get my nearly silent .22 P-rod to finish him. That kind of thing really bothers me. Be Well Brothers, 'dito.
A few years ago I was coyote hunting our farm fields. My mother asked me to kill any possums I came across cause they spread some disease to the horses, apparently.

So naturally one loafed along and I remember her request, and sent the possum to the next life.

Upon inspecting the carcass, I found that it was packing its newborn young along on its back. Most were blown in half. But I had to dispatch a few… and that was my lowest moment in life. I felt smaller and pooptier than an ant’s ass.

Needless to say, I won’t be shooting anymore possums during that coyote season anymore. I can forgive my own ignorance, but I couldn’t forgive myself if it happened again.

Shot this guy some more today. Was looking for a Diana model 6 but found this Winchester 363 ( mfg in June 1970) on eBay that was “untested” or code for it don’t work. Was in excellent cosmetic condition but sure enough the front seal was toast. Rear dummy seal was super brittle and cracked apart when I removed it. I had ordered both along with a new breech seal for good measure. Saw 2 videos that if nothing else showed me how not to refresh it so away I went. I think I did ok. I’m seeing 440 fps with RWS Basics and same with the R10 pistol. Got it done last weekend but today was first chance I had to really enjoy it and enjoy I did 😊. Shoots as smoothly as a CO2 or SSP and I can’t wait to get some more trigger time with it !
View attachment 462023
That's what mine shoots at around 440

Took out the Crosman 357. Unlike the other models this one has a metal not plastic barrel shroud. And came with a brass barrel.

View attachment 463532
i've never shot one of the replica CO2 pistols but I've seen things in catalogues that look really well done. I would have lost my mind if I had access to one of these as a kid - and would get one for my daughter in a second if she had an interest.

And once again today I am shooting the .25 gk1 off hand, red dot, at things roughly the size of a tuna fish can at a distance of 20- 25 long paces. I'm sort of surprised and not surprised how much better my accuracy is with the red dot compared to the iron sights. I thought I had worked out a way to line things up consistently with the iron sights but apparently not – the difference is bigger than I expected.

I was lucky and found this Crosman Model 88 (the Skanaker) for sale late last year. Today it was time to pull it out of its case, give it some long awaited TLC, fill up the Co2 cylinder and cross the fingers for the seals to keep up to their task. And lucky day they did! 28 years after the pistol was used last time! 😁

1000014809.jpg