• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What pistol did you shoot today

Putting the 1701P back up front for the winter. Coming up on 1 year of ownership and I am still just amazed by it. I went into the basement and popped off 30 quick shots. The 1701P saved the best for last. 10 shots at 20 feet, standing freehand. I stand firmly behind those two pulled shots.
IMG_9578.jpg

Today I received the Phoenix Hy-Score pistol I purchased on Christmas day.
Very pleased with it so far, only had a quick go with it to check it works and what the performance is.
Running around the 400fps mark, but got a slight smoking habit, so don't know if that is contributing to the velocity or not.

IMG_20240103_205601.jpg
IMG_20240103_205219.jpg

I plugged a Chaser moderated carbine barrel into the Airbug and mounted a Bushnell compact red dot up top to see what it would do. I test fitted the barrel awhile back just to see how it balanced, but never really shot it.

Put it back together today, zeroed it, and tried it out. Shooting from indoors at beer cans out back at maybe 35-40 yards. Using the windowsill as a rest it was making ragged quarter sized groups in the tin, and man is it quiet. Just shooting RWS hobby with the single shot tray. Looks funny, but this setup really shoots well. The skinny barrel and aluminum moderator are really light. It's not as front heavy as it looks.

long-bug.JPG

Last edited:
"Wildey's here!" As Charles Bronson would say. I sorta giggled when I saw it, but then I remembered Wildey and shut up. I had the CP-1, which is very similar. Great little pistol. I ended up giving it to my brother when I got my 1701. Gotta spread that pistol love around.

Having polished the seat and lightened the trigger screw, I took my Hammerli Sparkler to the range to try it at 10m.
The card on the left is with a two hand hold, and the card on the right is with a single hand.

20240107_080557.jpg

It's surprising how much of a jolt it gives when it is fired, almost like a spring pistol.

Shot this Heathways 175 indoors this evening.
This is a Heathways plainsman 175 that I have extended the barrel to 12 inches. The barrel was taken from one of the three Heathways MX175 rifles i bought a few years ago. One that was a junker using it for for parts. I wanted to keep it as original as possible using Parts from another Heathway gun. Although you could do the same using a barrel from a Crosman or Daisy.

20240109_175806~2.jpg