• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What pistol did you shoot today

All loaded up for the weekend dove opener in Kamifornia. But still a little shooting time left while waiting for a body who unfortunately still working (too young to retire) lol. Blast from the past to present, Crosman Mk1 and a cut down PP750.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

I've got some friends coming over for the weekend. They're all dedicated powder burning pistol shooters, so I'm rolling out the good stuff to see if I might create a few air converts. On the pistol menu for today-

View attachment 385543
I'm a powder burner enthusiast too, but in today's economics and on fixed income now, I went back to were I started. Only wish I did this earlier, having coffee while shooting in the morning,lol.

I'm a powder burner enthusiast too, but in today's economics and on fixed income now, I went back to were I started. Only wish I did this earlier, having coffee while shooting in the morning,lol.
So am I, but I've cut way back on shooting my powder burners for the same reasons as you.

I've got some friends coming over for the weekend. They're all dedicated powder burning pistol shooters, so I'm rolling out the good stuff to see if I might create a few air converts. On the pistol menu for today-

View attachment 385543
Great lineup. If they can shoot iron sights they’re going to be impressed with the accuracy of the 2300S. And the HW45 to me is closest I’ve ever shot to the feel of shooting a PB handgun. Your 2300S needs some Corcoran grips though ;) . Improved my shooting immediately, stockers were a terrible fit for me.

Great lineup. If they can shoot iron sights they’re going to be impressed with the accuracy of the 2300S. And the HW45 to me is closest I’ve ever shot to the feel of shooting a PB handgun. Your 2300S needs some Corcoran grips though ;) . Improved my shooting immediately, stockers were a terrible fit for me.

We had a great afternoon of shooting. Guess which two guns got shot the most. The 2300S and the .22 P1/HW45. The HW75 was a close third place. The 75 is my favorite. And yep, I've got to buy or make some decent wood grips for the 2300S. Did a trigger job, which came out well, but I'm thinking of adding a trigger shoe. Don't like the skinny blade of the stock trigger.

Anyway, one of my guests who is a 1911 aficionado is sold on the P1. He's seriously considering buying one. He thought $450-$500 was a bit steep for an air pistol, until he put a hundred or so rounds through it. Today is rifle day. Rolling out my Weihrauch and Diana rifles for everyone to try out. After a summer of on and off rain, we've finally got more than 2 days in a row of perfect weather.

We had a great afternoon of shooting. Guess which two guns got shot the most. The 2300S and the .22 P1/HW45. The HW75 was a close third place. The 75 is my favorite. And yep, I've got to buy or make some decent wood grips for the 2300S. Did a trigger job, which came out well, but I'm thinking of adding a trigger shoe. Don't like the skinny blade of the stock trigger.

Anyway, one of my guests who is a 1911 aficionado is sold on the P1. He's seriously considering buying one. He thought $450-$500 was a bit steep for an air pistol, until he put a hundred or so rounds through it. Today is rifle day. Rolling out my Weihrauch and Diana rifles for everyone to try out. After a summer of on and off rain, we've finally got more than 2 days in a row of perfect weather.
You buddies have good taste ha ha ha. +1 on the trigger shoe. Kim and I just got 1300KT Custom Shop with trigger shoes. Going to add them to our other Crosman’s, very nice. Send your buddy url for AoA. They have HW45 in stock.

It is all the damn noise. I would rather shoot without hearing protection. Took my 30.06 to the range last week and stocked up on recoil for awhile😂
I know what you mean. I live in bear country, and as such I usually carry a S&W Model 29 4". Since it's a gun I may need to use, I shoot it regularly to stay in practice. Even with my light .44 mag practice reloads and doubling up on hearing protection, that gun still rings my bell hard. After decades of the big noisy stuff, recreational shooting with a quiet quality made airgun is so much more enjoyable.

my gun range (PB) just built a .22 only range for 50 and 100 yards , ok for air also . before this i had to shoot next to people shooting .223 or larger where the blast would actually feel as though someone tapped your chest with a bat .
Air is just so much nicer to shoot