• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What pistol did you shoot today

Just finished my morning shooting session with my home made P-rod and moded PP700. My PP750 is all apart as I'm in the process of installing a 13" barrel with shroud and air stripper.

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Sniper pistol.jpg

Since much of my airgun accuracy testing takes place after dark when hellish Ranchito Robinson winds sometimes abate, last night not so much. Nevertheless, enough to entice me to stretch the legs on my new RonCo BroCo Gen 2 Convertible in pistol form at maximum power of 28 foot pounds (Level 4 on the power knob). Having already been exploring its potentials on Power Level 2 (20 foot pounds) to 50 yards with very gratifying results, last night was its first stretch to 75 yards in pistol form. Mind you this was still in gusty winds, with the 75 yard plate illuminated by spotlight.

Lately trying to wean myself off the sand-bags and bench-rest teats, most of last nights testing was from field target position; that being sitting on a folding stool and resting the pistol (tank) on a bipod. Three consecutive five-shot groups (at 75 yards) measured 1.45", 2.22" and 2.48" c-t-c.

I then decided to shoot a sand-bagged bench-rest group for comparison sake. Thinking the winds too gusty to shoot an impressive group, the five shots went into just 1.08" c-t-c!

1692046693004.png

Bench-rested group is bottom-most (1.08" c-t-c). First FT position group above it 2.48"), second FT position group on top-right (1.45", and last FT position group on upper-left (2.22").

The RonCo BroCo Gen 2, Convertible model in carbine form-

BroCo Convertible.jpg

Last edited:
A 28 ftlbs pistol! 🤣

We get excited by one approaching 6 ftlbs on this side of the pond...
I also (still) get excited by some air pistols approaching 6 foot pounds, though on those my wood is confined to the grips rather than my pan...:eek:

NEVER MIND!

Examples-
150 Custom.JPG

Walther CP3M.JPG

1701 New.JPG

78G final.jpg

Custom 600.jpg

And although the BroCo stock isn't natural wood like these walnut adorned beauties, rather, a man-made (laminated) wood product, it still gives me a woo...:oops: ...😬 ...🫣

✋

Ummm... almost makes me woozy to shoot it!🥴

I owned a Tom Cat only long enough to test and flip it for short-sighted profit. Wish I hadn't flipped it. Apparently they weren't as common as I thought at the time, but in my opinion were quite good performers.
Tom Cat copy.JPG

From my testing notes-

15.9gr JSB Exact, 90F., after overhaul, 10 shots- Low= 545, Hi= 563, ES= 18, SD= 4, Average= 554 FPS/10.8 FP

pastedGraphic.png

4/7/06 Five consecutive 5 shot groups at 25 yards with Exacts averaged 1” c-t-c with iron sights.

This morning got to exercise a few more pcp pistols. My LD I use 950 psi reg setting and get 662 f/s average and excellent groups w/ re-sized 14.3 CPHP. My stainless 2240 in .177 does 785 avg. w/ AA 8.4 unregulated. Very loud, need to make a moderator for this. The PP750 in .177 does 710's and is quite with 4 cones inside the shroud (3d printed cones for gauntlet).

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Woke up in a wheelgun mood this morning. Shot the Umarex Brodax, a Crosman 357 with the 3" barrel, another with the 8" barrel, and the Crosman SNR357. The SNR is kinda neat as it uses dummy rounds with the pellet loaded into the tips of the fake hollowpoints. Loads and handles much like my S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum that I carry for "bear repellant".

DSC00004.JPG

I have been shooting my Hammerli Sparkler today, great multi-shot fun with Gamo lead bb's and surprisingly accurate, but accurate with pellets too.
Went to the range this evening with my FWB P34 and Original (Diana/RWS) 6G that really has seen better days, especially after seeing the gorgeous 6M belonging to Genob.
Hope to make it look a lot better and maybe work a little better, but it truly is a mechanical marvel.

20230820_001615.jpg

I am now lusting after a Model 10, they just look so cool, there is a hint of the Sandman's gun from Logan's Run about them.

That is not "weak" for a model 6! They might sneak over 500 FPS with light ammo, but IMHO that's really well above average for 8.4's.

Bee-yootiful pistol, and you obviously did a great job on the rebuild work!
Yah, I was just watching YouTube and all were under 500 f/s. This is my first spring pistol, I inherited from family.

Reactions: Septicdeath