What pistol did you shoot today

Shot field target with a full power ranchero in .22 cal, 16 x scope today.
It was competitive with the rifles, really a lot of fun.
Not AAFTA approved (17 ft/lbs) but it's a local match, so we can expirement.

20230716_130110.jpg

Screenshot_20230716_161139_Gallery.jpg

Shot my newly rebuilt Daisy Powerline 790, not quite a 79G, but it will go well with my 78G.
Putting out 7.33gr Econ II pellets at around 470 fps, makes a nice bang too!

20230716_203529.jpg
20230713_205345.jpg

The bottom one is the 780 pre-refurbishment. Most of the work was cleaning up the muck from the inside, deburring all the damaged screw heads, polishing and re-bluing them. There had been a rattle-can respray at some point that needed cleaning off too. 😕

Hey guys, new member here. Wish I still had my crossman .177 bb break barrel pistol from when I was a kid. Took by first squirrel with that thing - my grandma made squirrel pie if you can believe it.

I’m just getting into the modern airgun world. I might pick up an Evanix Viper .25 or a Bintac M50 .510. Only thing is I bet they’re both pretty loud and even though I have a safe range set up in my yard I don’t want to annoy my neighbors. I may see if DonnyFL or another company makes moderators for them.

Put around 100 rounds through the BRNO TAU-7, and the same through the new HW75. Nothing formal, just beer cans at 15-20 yards. It's the most I've shot the BRNO since I re-blued it, re-sealed and re-crowned it, and all seems to be working properly. Love the trigger. The 75 is quickly becoming my new favorite. What a gun.

DSC00013 2.JPG

DSC00008 copy 4 4 2.JPG

Shot this yesterday for the first time. I’m using rws basic pellets and it is very accurate. I have a vector optics rd on it. I ran out of elevation so I ordered this:

To get some adjustment back.

Otherwise, I love the shooting feel and trigger. Cocking is light and smooth and the grip fits perfectly.

BA8DA7C9-0ADA-4B5D-9AE8-6C014F708276.jpeg

Gabe

Shot my newly rebuilt Daisy Powerline 790, not quite a 79G, but it will go well with my 78G.
Putting out 7.33gr Econ II pellets at around 470 fps, makes a nice bang too!

View attachment 373576View attachment 373577
The bottom one is the 780 pre-refurbishment. Most of the work was cleaning up the muck from the inside, deburring all the damaged screw heads, polishing and re-bluing them. There had been a rattle-can respray at some point that needed cleaning off too. 😕

Nice looking 790. It's interesting, the 78G I posted pics of a few pages back came in the original S&W box with S&W branded pellets and C02, paperwork too, but the manual was for a Daisy 780/790. Original owner said that was the manual that came with it. Never had a Daisy branded gun apart but from what I can see the guns themselves are the same other than the markings. I'm not up on the more detailed history of the guns, but it looks like there was a lot of Daisy/S&W crossover.

DSC00001 2 2.JPG

Like yours, both of my guns have a healthy bang when fired. One of the first things I do as well is clean up the buggered screw heads, then polish and blue them. What are the origins of the lined wooden box? Is it a factory made item, or something custom made?

@Northwoods22 - My wife found the box on FB marketplace, it was just a simple home-made item. I lined it out to house a Webley Hurricane and a SSP Nemesis. After selling those I tried the 78G, and it fitted perfectly, but now I have the 790, I have got another case lined up for these two great pistols. The case in the picture might now be altered to fit my Crosman 38T and another Crosman pistol project I have yet to make a start on.
The early Daisy 780/790 pistols were assembled from parts made by S&W, but as time went by, they cut costs and degraded the quality using plastic parts to the point sales declined. :confused: