• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What pellets do you recommend for the Crosman 2240XL and Diana Chaser?

I've recently ordered two pistols from Pyramyd Air, the Crosman 2240XL and the Diana Chaser pistol/rifle kit. The Crosman is .22 caliber and the Diana is .177 caliber. I'm mostly a plinker but also enjoy bullseye shooting and I'm asking for pellet recommendations for both guns. I ordered them and the purchase included Crosman Premier .22, 14.3 gram hollow points and Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum .177, 10.5 gram pellets. These may not be the best choices because I'm a newbie and since my order hasn't shipped yet I may change my pellet choices. I currently shoot bb's with a Glock 17 blow back and Glock 19. I've purchased the pellet pistols with the idea of using them to shoot 10m bullseye because the bb guns while nice aren't accurate at 10m. I also see air rifles on the horizon. Someone should have warned me that air guns are addictive!

The Crosman guns usually shoot the Crosman Premiers and JSB 14.3 and 18.1 pellets well for me so I haven't tried much else in them. That is unless they have LW barrels on them then I would not know. Can't help you on the Diana either.

Welcome to the hobby/sickness/addiction. This a great place to be and there are many around to help you out if the need or want arises.

Hey, welcome from Indiana! I don't have that model of Crosman, I have just the 1377, but I have the Diana in .22 caliber. I really love that air pistol. Mine will shoot a "ragged hole", at 36 feet, with the 21.14 grain H&N Baracuda Match pellets. I get about 50 decent shots from one 12 gram CO2 cylinder.

If I have any complaint about the Chaser, it would be that the grip is a tad small for me, but other than that, it's a really fun one to shoot. Hope you have great luck with yours!