Air Arms What pellet does your TX200 22 caliber like?

I've got a new (under 400 cycles) TX200 MKIII, 22 caliber that I'm trying to find a pellet that the gun likes. I've tried Crosman Premiers, JSB's & H&N's FTT without much luck. I was wondering if any of you TX200, 22 caliber owners might have a favorite pellet that your gun seems to like. I'm just not getting the accuracy out of my TX that I feel I should be getting and maybe a few hundred more cycles might help with the break in period. My HW97k will shoot rings around it with just about any pellet but I find that it really likes the Crosman Premier Ulta Mag domed pellet. How about it guys. Does your TX 22 cal. have a favorite pellet?

I've got a new (under 400 cycles) TX200 MKIII, 22 caliber that I'm trying to find a pellet that the gun likes. I've tried Crosman Premiers, JSB's & H&N's FTT without much luck. I was wondering if any of you TX200, 22 caliber owners might have a favorite pellet that your gun seems to like. I'm just not getting the accuracy out of my TX that I feel I should be getting and maybe a few hundred more cycles might help with the break in period. My HW97k will shoot rings around it with just about any pellet but I find that it really likes the Crosman Premier Ulta Mag domed pellet. How about it guys. Does your TX 22 cal. have a favorite pellet?
First it’s not even broken in. Factory glides are not set,nor the piston seal set. I’d bet it’s still slightly smoking if you look in the barrel. Second ,I know this will ruffle some feathers. Crossman pellets are Garbage and hard on barrels. They have harder Antimony in them and clog barrels and are poor sizing.
Now ,to really pluck your feathers. JSB , ARE WORSE for anything over 12 ft lbs as they have zero skirt strength when they are supposed to hold in the chamber until JUST BEFORE TDC .

So ,what’s your option. HNN ftt have thick skirts and three different head sizes for differing barrels.. A hidden gem is the RWS Superdomes ,thick skirts too. I shoot ftt in every gun I have. I tune them to LIKE THEM
TONY LEACH HAS DONE EXTENSIVE testing weak jsb pellets in his sub 12 ft lb Tx guns and has concluded as I do

I OWN NO TX, ( I do not like underlevers,) but have shot a lot of them tuned and stock.. I do know trigger is world class and needs proper adjustment.
muscle memory on the Hw97 platform. Weight of the Tx . Length of pull, first stage length

All these play a roll in accuracy. And Crossman pellets suck. .. 🤣.
Remember ,this is only my opinion ,and like a$$ holes, every one has one, and they all can stink. 😉

Iv had mine for years" it a twinger"I no i can take it apart and change the guide/but it so accurate i dont want to mess with it"It like's the cheep stuff CP hollow points is the best i guess?I did take it apart a long time ago and revice the spring and its still pumping 750 with 14.5 cp;s.She;s not as pretty as the new one? but she's been around a long time"

IMG_4385.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozwald and Frogy
Iv had mine for years" it a twinger"I no i can take it apart and change the guide/but it so accurate i dont want to mess with it"It like's the cheep stuff CP hollow points is the best i guess?I did take it apart a long time ago and revice the spring and its still pumping 750 with 14.5 cp;s.She;s not as pretty as the new one? but she's been around a long time"

View attachment 408777
That's a real beauty Willy. I'm a real fan of fixed barrel springers. And that toolmakers box ain't bad either. :>)

The Crosman Premiers sold in tins today (the boxed Premiers are a thing of the past now) have the worst head size variation of any pellet I've tested so far: you'll have five different head sizes in a tin, with matching inaccuracy. As A.G.R. already noted, the pellets are also so high in antimony they mess up the bore into a hard-to-fix leaded state that other pellets cannot overcome, no matter how much you shoot.

So, if you have been shooting Premiers and find that no other pellet shoots accurately, it may be just a persistent mirage provided by the Premiers.

Reactions: A.G.R
Why continue blaming pellets, go thru that rifle and see what is going on....what chrono readings do you get, how consistant are the readings, burr on the loading port, poor crown, bad seal, poor spring ?? All are possible reasons for poor accuracy. An even bigger reason us a poor scope. 400 shots is more than enough breakin shots, way more !! You have a problem somewhere and need to find it. Get the rifle shooting correctly then pick out the most accurate pellet....

My TX200 MKIII 22 cal shoots best with JSB Diablos in 15.86 gr. The Air Arms Field Diablos 16 gr are similar but shoot poorly in comparison. I've also tried Crosman Premieres and H & Ns, but always seem to return to the JSB pellets. My chronograph shows that my gun only shoots about 650 fps, so I do wonder if this is what's best. I've got a Vortek PG4 SHO tune on it as well. I usually shoot from a bag at from 25 to 50 yards. Orv.

Last edited: