• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Pellet Do You Elect As Most Inaccurate

It's funny how things work sometimes. The .177 H&N Sniper Magnums 14.97 gr never shot well out of anything I had and most of the reviews about it said it was a pellet that just didn't shoot well out of most guns.

Well, when I got my .177 Fortitude Gen2 I finally tried them in it and they shot really well! Better than the CPUM 10.5 pellets that give me 1 MOA or less out to 60 yards.

Of course, I went online looking to buy more and you guessed it, H&N had discontinued making them.

Oh well, I only have the one tin of 300 and have shot about 100 of those. So, I don't use them now. Too frustrating knowing that when that tin is gone, there will be no more.

I guess my point is that almost every pellet probably shoots very well out of some air gun, even if the consensus is that they are junk. Even the lowly Daisy pellets perform well in some guns. So, you never know and it is always really nice if/when you find that a really cheap pellet works very well in your gun. So, don't count them out until you try them (any pellet) in YOUR gun.

JMHO

Tabulation so far
20210630_065105.1625050420.jpg

The most inaccurate pellets of all time were Lanes Special pellets from circa 1980….Made in England in a very purposeful looking tin, suggesting quality. They were introduced to compete with Eley Wasp, Bulldog and Marksman of the time..

The problem was the front head did not meet the rifling, especially in the English guns of the time, but the skirt was relatively tight. It resulted in a pellet that would not hit a barn door even if you held the muzzle against said door. Absolute nightmare….If you showed up anywhere with them, wry smiles would appear on faces, shooters trying to hold in laughs, or looks of bewilderment….

I do not care what you come up with….these were the worst of the worst..

The most inaccurate pellets of all time were Lanes Special pellets from circa 1980….Made in England in a very purposeful looking tin, suggesting quality. They were introduced to compete with Eley Wasp, Bulldog and Marksman of the time..

The problem was the front head did not meet the rifling, especially in the English guns of the time, but the skirt was relatively tight. It resulted in a pellet that would not hit a barn door even if you held the muzzle against said door. Absolute nightmare….If you showed up anywhere with them, wry smiles would appear on faces, shooters trying to hold in laughs, or looks of bewilderment….

I do not care what you come up with….these were the worst of the worst..

You mean these?
s-l400.1625446026.jpg

About the only pellet a British teen could get their hands on unless you were lucky enough to live near an RFD. Available in most fishing shops. Crappy but you made do with what you could get.