• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What pcp to get

Hey guys, I bought an avenger .22 earlier this year but im craving something else, Im thinking of maybe getting something around the $1500 mark (used or not) that can produce enough energy for slugs aswell. Im thinking of settling with a maverick or Dreamline. I seen a couple of other good used options here on agn but i think im too new to pm. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Like the others above said, you can get good buys, on solid guns in the classifies. BUT! You should do your “due diligence”. Do some searches here on AGN on guns that catch your eye. Read what “users” are saying in their day to day use. Lots of “unsaid, unwritten” information can be gleaned. Good luck!

Really..
New England Airguns have Uragans in. 25 very close to that price.

Uragans are super rifles that shot accuratly both, pellets and slugs.

Imposible to make a better purchased for the price. Those rifles are built like a tank, two magazines, reliable, super accurate. You go to the proveen success.
I need to try this

I would jump to something like the Maverick. The dreamline will basically be a sideways move from the avenger. I know they cost way more but I have two streamlines and can tell you my 25 cal and 22 (used to own) avengers are/were just as accurate and reliable.
Wow I honestly wouldn’t have guessed it, i modded my avenger so now it has a 420 cc bottle and around 27cc total plenum size, for me it shoots well, i always try and shoot slugs but never have any luck, thats part of the reason i want something else, i recently got a chronogragh and was able to get 50 ftlbs out of it with no valve mod, when i try 217 slugs i only get 40, ik guessing the friction slows them down

They only cost about $500 but my P35s will shoot slugs, at least the 22 and 25 caliber will. They are also short (under 30 inches) and light (just over 5 lbs) bullpups. I've posted scores on the 30 yard challenge with the 177 (184) and the 22 (194) that are decent - so they're pretty accurate. I shot a 186 with my 25 Avenger - so it is similar. The Stoeger Bullshark is essentially the same gun and may be more readily available. They are regulated but you have to open the air chamber to change the regulator setting. I've done it but wouldn't want to mess with it repeatedly. I view it more as a set and forget thing. I think the Uragan may be similar. My P35-22 shoots 25 grain H&N Slug HPs, bigger diameter, almost as well as the Baracuda Match pellets it really likes. My P35-25 shoots 33 grain H&N Slug HPs about as well as the H&N FTTs it really likes (just slower). I've only tried one slug in my P35-177 but it didn't care for the 13 grain Slug HPs.

Reactions: Nattboy
Like the others above said, you can get good buys, on solid guns in the classifies. BUT! You should do your “due diligence”. Do some searches here on AGN on guns that catch your eye. Read what “users” are saying in their day to day use. Lots of “unsaid, unwritten” information can be gleaned. Good luck!
Good advice!

Reactions: L.Leon
Get a rifle with the mag in FRONT of your ears and the action in front of trigger so you don't have to reach back behind you each time like the Taipan Veteran, get something like the FX Crown
I was looking into a crown especially since utah airguns have one on sale, but I couldn’t find much info on how much u can customize them, another worry i had was if it was just another gun like the dreamline

I was looking into a crown especially since utah airguns have one on sale, but I couldn’t find much info on how much u can customize them, another worry i had was if it was just another gun like the dreamline
Customize enough for ya?
FX CROWN MKII 25 CAL WITH 600MM BARREL, 700CC BOTTLE SABER CHASSIS, CUSTOM BUT STOCK, SILENT THUNDER ORDNANCE ACCIPITER. ACCU TAC BIPOD, SABER MONOPOD AND TRIJICON 5-50 RIFLE SCOPE HOLE IN HOLE SHOOTER!
Small Crown Saber 600mm 8 22.jpg
Small Crown Synthedic 600mm 8 22.jpg

Reactions: Asher and mercado
Hey guys, I bought an avenger .22 earlier this year but im craving something else, Im thinking of maybe getting something around the $1500 mark (used or not) that can produce enough energy for slugs aswell. Im thinking of settling with a maverick or Dreamline. I seen a couple of other good used options here on agn but i think im too new to pm. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
mikeairguns, eye candy, bling and upgrades are one thing, purpose, utility and function are another. You can mix and match, but, don't be confused about the difference between the two. Your key points I highlighted to make sure we are all clear on your objective to purchasing a new air rifle.
Having an "avenger .22" and "im craving" are very understandable, we have all been there with our respective guns at the time.
"
Im thinking of maybe" is where it gets a bit thin in the rest of your requested guidance. More research is needed on your part here.
When you say "around the $1500" we need to know if that includes any additional accessories, like, maybe filling your new $1500 air gun with something more than a hand pump :unsure:. Big gap possibly here on gun, fill station and price$.

This need to have "enough energy for slugs" was established 5 years ago and enough has been shared here to answer any questions and doubts you have.
My friend, "settling" is never an option in my book with the $bank you are "Im thinking of maybe".
You "settling" for a "maverick or Dreamline is just that, "settling". My opinion.
There are many available options in the "around the $1500" mark in "good used options" that will far exceed the "maverick or Dreamline" in tuning and achieving whatever you desire, being it plinking, pesting, benchrest, FT..., just sayin'.
We have all been "but i think im too new" and totally understand and respect your candid questions.
My suggestion to "Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated" are two fold...
Either, buy what you want, or, buy what you need. Researching enough to balance your desire and understanding will offer many pleasures in return.
Patients will pay dividends to those that yield. You will chose your path and hopefully share with us all your outcome.
DM/PM anyone. we're all here to help.
Have fun and shoot straight.

Patrick