What PCP to choose for hunting

Get any gun of Russian and Ukrainian or Czechoslovakian or Slovenian thereabouts regions if you need tough reliable trouble free except the 25 caliber Edgun Lelya and R5M and Atamans in general unless you can easily get parts in your region.

The cheap unregulated Hatsan Flash would be a worthwhile mention for reliable hunting that's relatively light weight in synthetic form and seems relatively tough and trouble free and hunting accurate even with their (and Hatsan guns in general even their $1000+ guns) extremely crappy machining from the factory. At least leaks and failure in general aren't their strong point except for the Semiautos.

Unregulated guns tend to like to shoot perfect from shot #1 no matter how long they are stored without use.

If you can find a 22 Brocock Bantam HiLite specifically a non regulated version that would work great and lighter than the regulated versions. I got both and they shoot almost the same but for some unexplained reason the unregulated ones get smaller groups so 100 yards IDK why.

The regulated ones are hunting good to around 80-90 yards but the unregulated can do up to 115 yards. Rather baffling to say the least IMHO.

Others with their unregulated Bantams can confirm this too who aren't too shy to post.

Another example all of my cheaper 22 Daystate Renegades are unregulated and seem to (WAIT FOR IT...) consistently shoot more accurate than my 22 Pulsars electronic control voltage pulse type regulators. IDK why.

On the flip side (curveball here) ONE of my 177 Daystate Renegades with aftermarket HUMA regulator (gun manometer only shows reg pressure all the time) outshoots both of my 177 Pulsars. Other one equal same same in accuracy. Probably put a HUMA in that one too just put of curiosity.

In your higher price range I suggest you take a look at the RTI Priest or the FX Royale. Very accurate. Rojal (Slovenia) has them for a good price.

Balistas (cz) is another excellent seller in Central Europe. They have a good selection. A cheaper but good quality PCP I really recommend for hunting is the Kral Puncher Maxi. Very accurate classic style gun, well balanced. Balistas sells it for 400Eur. Don't forget to order the 47eur silencer with it. 

IMG_20201101_161621.1607562023.jpg

If you prefer bullpups over classic length guns, then Balistas carries good brands such as Zbroia, Airgun technology, Taipan, Kalibrgun, and the cheaper Hatsan Flash pup. A lot of choice ... Good luck.

🐦

What barrel do you have on your taipan? I have a LW and couldn’t get it to shoot any slugs under 3 inches at 100 but with pellets it was lights out, i’m selling mine because slugs is my ammo of choice but i’m curious as to what kind of groups and what speed you shoot them at? Mine was a 25 also and the 29.5 were the first slugs I tried. 

Stay simple.

Kral puncher breaker for sub $500

High shot count

Low ES

Plenty power for rabbits.

I have taken thousands of rabbits with a Hatsan at44 .22 at only 20 shots per fill at about 33ft lbs.

My Umerex gauntlet was 92 shots at 21ft lbs now molded for 40 shots at 28 ft lbs......but its heavy and also my most accurate gun.

My other rabbit gun is the .25 Bullboss,perfect for walking in the woods but ammo is expensive as it only like JSB Kings.

My Benjamin Bulldog .357 is my gun of choice now.I found it likes cheap .38 pistol reloads.......sure its overkill but at 10 cents per round it cheap to shoot.

No point in spending $1400 on an airgun just to shoot rabbits.There are cheaper Gems out there.With that said I'd still like a FX one day.