• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Looking SOO GOOD!!
Those pests don't stand a chance with accuracy like that!
I never got my NSA's to shot that well, That's awesome Randy!
That work you been putting in clearly has been paying off
Mike! Thank you! Lots of fun work but I still make mistakes on my set up, it's never the RAW's fault! ☺️ Just trying to be as consistent in my set up each and every time.....

I'm trying to figure out this Stoeger S3000-C and if it will wear in to better consistency. i still haven't put 500 rounds through it, so I hope it settles down.
I bought this rifle to try and see if I can recommend it to people for agama control in my area, its a small lizard.

10m
Stoeger S3000-C
Hammers 6x
Vogel bulk pellets

1-7 were adjusting the scope, then i just shot it.

View attachment lots_o_circles.pdf

IMG_7369.jpeg

Was shooting earlier this morning, pellets then slugs when suddenly the slugs POI started to randomly change about 1/3"....looked at my approximate shots taken since the last barrel cleaning and it was around the 500ct mark so I took the RAW inside and cleaned the barrel with a Patchworm pull thru, 5 felt buttons soaked in Ballistol and then 3 dry patches and voila....no more POI shifts with slugs, 3 shots. Pellets are not effected by a dirty barrel but slugs sure are thru my RAW's barrel! Was up @ 4am to detail/wax a newish car....😴

View attachment 466297
Was shooting earlier this morning, pellets then slugs when suddenly the slugs POI started to randomly change about 1/3"....looked at my approximate shots taken since the last barrel cleaning and it was around the 500ct mark so I took the RAW inside and cleaned the barrel with a Patchworm pull thru, 5 felt buttons soaked in Ballistol and then 3 dry patches and voila....no more POI shifts with slugs, 3 shots. Pellets are not effected by a dirty barrel but slugs sure are thru my RAW's barrel! Was up @ 4am to detail/wax a newish car....😴
Hello @Ranchibi

Well clean your bore to STACK slugs, that is fairly easy to do :ROFLMAO:

ThomasT

I'm more of a resetting metal target kind of guy but went to an Appleseed Project 25M event this past weekend and shot a lot of these targets.
The rectangle represents a wood shingle at 250yds and the others are a man at 100, 200, 300, and 400yds.
I managed to get the shingle and 3 rounds in the 100 and 200yd targets. I hit the others but didn't clear them.
I also hit a 100yd target with a 1700's replica .68cal musket! That was a hoot, freaking thing was 4" shorter than me! The trigger pull was at least 20lbs! Mad respect for our forefathers.

1716321993923.png

Reactions: cavedweller
Yeah there are some that show promise. At 100 I decided to see what would happen with the DonnyFL Ryu on the end. At 100 the Corbin X Punch 218 showed promise as well. I was pushing the shots and was able to use another card to test.

Shot for 2 hours and got rather tired and a headache, so had to stop. Will get out and shoot some more and fine tune the settings.

Yeah there are some that show promise. At 100 I decided to see what would happen with the DonnyFL Ryu on the end. At 100 the Corbin X Punch 218 showed promise as well. I was pushing the shots and was able to use another card to test.

Shot for 2 hours and got rather tired and a headache, so had to stop. Will get out and shoot some more and fine tune the settings.
Awesome! The Corbin .218 are definitely what your barrel likes! Keep up the excellent work with your RAW and slugs! H&N are looking really good too 👍

Reactions: ThomasT
Awesome! The Corbin .218 are definitely what your barrel likes! Keep up the excellent work with your RAW and slugs! H&N are looking really good too 👍
I agree with the 218's shooting good, BUT, I the JSB Knockouts and the H&N in .217 that shoot great as well. This makes since when you consider the dimensions of the barrel. My buddy has the Corbin press with all of the dies in the 218 size so REALLY hoping I can get the slugs to shoot. This way I only have to buy lead and not an entire press set up.

New reg installed and working great. I was just going to verify the scope was still good with this target. I shot #13 first. With that result I decided to speed shoot the rest while my wife gave our son a bath.

Range: Outdoor 18 yards.
Rifle: Brocock Concept Lite XR 22
Scope: Pard DS35-50mm
Pellets: FX 18.1 gr
FPS: 865
FPE: 30
Wind: NE 5 MPH

New reg installed and working great. I was just going to verify the scope was still good with this target. I shot #13 first. With that result I decided to speed shoot the rest while my wife gave our son a bath.

Hello @Florida_Man

That is some mighty fine speed shooting (y) (y) :D:ROFLMAO:

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid

You are looking spot on at 18 yards!!
Excellent shooting

Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Heavy overcast with bad weather all around and crazy winds from Zero to 20mph. However I have only been shooting my Avenger at squirrels for the past month or so and I decided to shoot it before I sell it. I have ordered another rifle and it will be the squirrel gun for a while. Anyway despite the wind conditions I was able to shoot a pretty good card.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger Gen I, Regulated, .22 caliber
Scope: Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: ?
FPE: ?
Wind: 0 to 20 mph

ThomasT

Avenger 117.jpg

Good Shooting! Thunder and lightning today. I think I will stay out of My little Metal shooting shed for a while? lol
Hello @Chief Ten-Beers

Very wise decision :D .

I am shooting from inside my house and I still would not try any shooting with any lighting in the area.

ThomasT

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
So Thomas...what PCP wil be replacing your Avenger!? Inquiry minds want to know....☺️
Hello @Ranchibi

Now Randal you know I cannot divulge such classified information like that ..... :ROFLMAO:🤨:unsure:, it will be a surprise for sure :oops: or maybe not :rolleyes:

ThomasT