What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

20240422_121759.jpg

Piatt-Thomas .177 <12 FPE
20 Yards from muzzle (measured)
Wind from 285° to 72° gusting 3 to 25 mph
H&N Barracuda FT 9.57x4.51

10m with the M853 and P3
I need to work on the fundamentals
The center target on the rifle was not holding the shot. The far right on the pistol, I don’t really know why that happened. I’d like to blame the daisy pellet haha

View attachment 458191
You are DEFINITELY better with pistolas than I will ever be! Nice shooting 👍

Fabulous card with your Thomas!
Thank you very much!

The one 8.6 was me being a bush leaguer and looking through the scope instead of at the wind flags. I honestly don't know why I do that.

With my rest, once I have the POA offset I need for a given wind flag set I just need to wait on the correct wind conditions and squeeze the trigger with my thumb and forefinger and the Thomas will deliver every time. But that one time l am looking through the scope and I got see my POI shift, I sat up and damn if the wind hadn't changed some 90°.

I had a good card going until then!

Thank you very much!

The one 8.6 was me being a bush leaguer and looking through the scope instead of at the wind flags. I honestly don't know why I do that.

With my rest, once I have the POA offset I need for a given wind flag set I just need to wait on the correct wind conditions and squeeze the trigger with my thumb and forefinger and the Thomas will deliver every time. But that one time l am looking through the scope and I got see my POI shift, I sat up and damn if the wind hadn't changed some 90°.

I had a good card going until then!
You're welcome! And, yes, we all make mistakes and can't put the blame on our nice PCP's that almost literally don't miss if it weren't for us shooters...😂

You're welcome! And, yes, we all make mistakes and can't put the blame on our nice PCP's that almost literally don't miss if it weren't for us shooters...😂
A coach told me that any of the top Precision 10 Meter air rifles right out of the box are capable of winning championships and gold medals until you pick one of them up.

Hello everyone,

Good conditions again this morning so I set up my paper targets at 25-Yards. Really do not like shooting this target because of the style of the Bull but it does make me concentrate a bit more and that is good.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yardss
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.173.jpg

I was just changing scope mounts. I know at 10m it hits low for where I zero it at home. So i should be pretty close.
Bullshark 177 shooting 10gr Knockout Slugs
Top was the initial impact. I adjusted the mount to get it down. i used a rest

Below the bull is 10 rounds of mk3's
Below the 1 and 3 are original 10gr KnockOut's
7 rounds below the 3, 4 rounds below the 1.

Hello everyone,

Good conditions again this morning so I set up my paper targets at 25-Yards. Really do not like shooting this target because of the style of the Bull but it does make me concentrate a bit more and that is good.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yardss
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 458429
That is great shooting Thomas! Those bullseyes give me a headache....😂

Shot the Hm1000x today, was testing some different slugs and seeing what the rifle likes. Have a buddy with thr Corbin set up with 218 dies, so trying those as well.

Was seeing velocities round 1000 fps with the 25 grain slugs, and also about an 1" at 100 yards. Going to play some more and see which diameter it likes better 217 or 218. I know the NSA 217 slugs are rough pushing in the barrel, but the 217 ZAN slugs are nice and smooth.
17139122704059009439440569991198.jpg

seriously , if you have a large hole in the center you cannot know just where that pellet hit . somewhere in the middle is all !
I'm just trying to have fun getting to know this rifle, man. I had some junk bent pellets and was doing my best to keep the hole as tight as possible, actually. First time with a chrony on it since new. I discovered it is tuned waaaay down. 684fps out of the 450mm barrel. Kind of like firing artillery in the backyard!