What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

5 at 25 with my HW95 .22 & almost MOA but not quite.

1713642706267.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Another front moving into my area with winds 15 to 25 + gust. Making it hard for me to try and shoot some 25-yard paper targets so I moved back in to 10-meters. Really took my time with this card and tried to catch the wind to my advantage.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 15 to 25 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 457563
Wow! Your patience payed off. I see all center Xs.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Another front moving into my area with winds 15 to 25 + gust. Making it hard for me to try and shoot some 25-yard paper targets so I moved back in to 10-meters. Really took my time with this card and tried to catch the wind to my advantage.

Wind: 15 to 25 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 457563
Thomas, great card and your wind reading skills have become exemplary!

Thomas, great card and your wind reading skills have become exemplary!
Hello @Ranchibi

Thank you, but the truth be told I am really bad at reading wind. What I did on this target was just simply wait until the wind was blowing at the least or no wind. I guess you could call me "a no wind reader" :ROFLMAO: :D:LOL:. I tried some 25-yard shots and that card went into my "fire starter" paper pile :rolleyes:.

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

Thank you, but the truth be told I am really bad at reading wind. What I did on this target was just simply wait until the wind was blowing at the least or no wind. I guess you could call me "a no wind reader" :ROFLMAO: :D:LOL:. I tried some 25-yard shots and that card went into my "fire starter" paper pile :rolleyes:.

ThomasT
As a golfer I am ok at reading wind but not as good when it comes to airgun shooting in wind for some "unknown" reason....😂

Hello everyone,

Late start for me today to shoot some paper targets but I kept waiting for the wind to die down some. Not too bad now at 10 to 15 mph and steady right to left.

Wind: 10 to 15 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.171.jpg

Hello everyone,

Late start for me today to shoot some paper targets but I kept waiting for the wind to die down some. Not too bad now at 10 to 15 mph and steady right to left.

ThomasT

View attachment 457896

Nice shooting. And windy to boot. We're around 50 miles inland from the Oregon coast and always dealing with the West winds .

My Vet .22 was doing well at 30y yesterday .

20240420_154936.jpg

Nice shooting. And windy to boot. We're around 50 miles inland from the Oregon coast and always dealing with the West winds .

My Vet .22 was doing well at 30y yesterday .

View attachment 457907
Nice Shooting with the Vet
.i went and scored it..took out set #7 and scored it at 187 with 4x (might have been a little stingy on the "X's"
Excellent card

Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 457896
Excellent Thomas!
I throw away the bad cards too ,,,probably have a Sequioa's worth in the trash..lol , part of learning, but that doesn't mean i'm going to display them :ROFLMAO:
Keep on shooting Thomas ..it inspires me
Mike

Hello everyone,

Man I wonder about my sanity sometimes o_O . When I was loading one of the magazines I noticed one badly bent skirt on a pellet but loaded it anyway :unsure:. Then on the third shot ( see the red star) I felt the pellet really drag a lot going into the chamber. What I normally would do is shoot one of the “Sighters” or simply shoot outside of the paper target to get rid of the pellet. However for what ever reason I went ahead and shot at the #3 target :(:confused:🤪 ,oh well my second shot was OK.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yardss
Wind: 2 to 5 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.172.jpg