What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hi Guys,
I had planned on going to the range all last week, but kust never got there. Today, i had the whole range to myself!
Took the Epoch to 100 yards and messed around with the FPS looking for a lower speed for stability
Took some shots and changed the high pressure setting for more velocity bit by bit
View attachment 456993

this can be really discouraging ... made me feel like i shouldn't have messed around with the settings
Then after many changes i think i have it.
View attachment 456990
Will see if i can do the same tomorrow
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

That second group of targets are excellent (y) (y) (y)

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
OK folks — been resting my arthritic bones for a while. Now, in honor of the fest in the Northeast, I started my own RBAC fest here (Ross's Basement Airpistol Challenge) beginning with Qualifications on the 7 yard line with a well tuned Brocock Atomic XR pistol shooting sorted JSB 15.89 pellets. If I'm up for it tomorrow I'll switch to the Weihrauch HW44 and pick the best card. So this is round one of two.

IMG_3227.jpeg

OK folks — been resting my arthritic bones for a while. Now, in honor of the fest in the Northeast, I started my own RBAC fest here (Ross's Basement Airpistol Challenge) beginning with Qualifications on the 7 yard line with a well tuned Brocock Atomic XR pistol shooting sorted JSB 15.89 pellets. If I'm up for it tomorrow I'll switch to the Weihrauch HW44 and pick the best card. So this is round one of two.

View attachment 457176
you are inspirational , have to try this .

View attachment 457176
Hello @rsfrid

That is a beautifully shot card and will give your Weihrauch HW44 a run for it's money. However with that stated I will pick the HW44 to be the winner, er, well after tomorrow :rolleyes:

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Hi Guys,
I had planned on going to the range all last week, but kust never got there. Today, i had the whole range to myself!
Took the Epoch to 100 yards and messed around with the FPS looking for a lower speed for stability
Took some shots and changed the high pressure setting for more velocity bit by bit
View attachment 456993

this can be really discouraging ... made me feel like i shouldn't have messed around with the settings
Then after many changes i think i have it.
View attachment 456990
Will see if i can do the same tomorrow
Mike
Mike! That second card is....IT! Don't change a thing! SPECTACULAR card! Woo Hoo! 🤗 You found the tune/speed!

View attachment 457176
Ross! Wonderful card @ your venerable RBAC FEST! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid

View attachment 457176
Hello @rsfrid / Sheriff

Just ain’t no way you ridding in to town and declaring a shoot-n challenge with no competition. Looks like me and @beerthief and maybe others will take up your challenge. You better make sure that ole HW44 ain’t clogged up with a bunch of saddle dust when you shoot tomorrow.

Range: Indoor 15-Feet
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: UTG 3-9x32
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr
FPS: 750
FPE: 10.2

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP-800R 500.jpg
Snowpeak PP-800R 501.jpg
Snowpeak PP-800R 502.jpg

Hello @rsfrid / Sheriff

Just ain’t no way you ridding in to town and declaring a shoot-n challenge with no competition. Looks like me and @beerthief and maybe others will take up your challenge. You better make sure that ole HW44 ain’t clogged up with a bunch of saddle dust when you shoot tomorrow.

Range: Indoor 15-Feet
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: UTG 3-9x32
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr
FPS: 750
FPE: 10.2

ThomasT
View attachment 457261View attachment 457262View attachment 457263
Finally got you back to where this started! That pistol does really well when you do your part. This looks like a fun little fest for those of us unable to make it out east this week. Nice shooting!

OK, round 2 in the RBAC shoot. To the line this morning is the Weihrauch HW44 in 177 caliber shooting the Baracuda FT 9.57 pellets unsorted. 5 shots into each bull at 7 yards, rested. It was the clear winner!

View attachment 457453
Hello @rsfrid

Well you almost didn't even leave a hole in several of those targets 😁. That is really some great shooting on your part and that "44" seems to be doing it's share also (y) (y) (y) :D. That is most impressive Ross.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
OK, round 2 in the RBAC shoot. To the line this morning is the Weihrauch HW44 in 177 caliber shooting the Baracuda FT 9.57 pellets unsorted. 5 shots into each bull at 7 yards, rested. It was the clear winner!

View attachment 457453
Maybe Thomas can put 5 targets on a business card and save you some paper :ROFLMAO:
Not even on my best non-caffinated day will i pull that off consistenly..That's Awesome

• Love

View attachment 457453
Spectacular Ross! Those Barracuda FT's and your HW44 are a great team!

• Love
Hello everyone,

Another front moving into my area with winds 15 to 25 + gust. Making it hard for me to try and shoot some 25-yard paper targets so I moved back in to 10-meters. Really took my time with this card and tried to catch the wind to my advantage.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 15 to 25 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.170.jpg