What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

First outting to the range with the Epoch and i was not disappointed.
I really haven't done anything to the rifle's setting yet, just like it came from Skout
Used the JSB shallows 25.39g from the tin.
I used the magazine instead of single loading...Holds 30 shots!
The target is the one Thomas made that has the same dimensions as the ones used in the 100 yard competitions
Most of the targets are 10 shot groups.
on the bottom row, 1 group is 25 shots and the other is the whole mag
epoch .22 - JSB 25.39 - Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56 @ 100 yards
View attachment 452445
View attachment 452446View attachment 452447
Wow! Great cards. Looks like the Epoch will be a keeper for sure!

5-shots!?!...Wow//just looks like 1
Outstanding!!
Do you really need such a big target if you are only go shot 1 hole?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Mike
Mike, that's what led me to shoot this target a while ago. I posted this back then. I shot these groups over two days with the HW44 to show its consistency as well as accuracy.

IMG_3011.jpeg

First outting to the range with the Epoch and i was not disappointed.
I really haven't done anything to the rifle's setting yet, just like it came from Skout
Used the JSB shallows 25.39g from the tin.
I used the magazine instead of single loading...Holds 30 shots!
The target is the one Thomas made that has the same dimensions as the ones used in the 100 yard competitions
Most of the targets are 10 shot groups.
on the bottom row, 1 group is 25 shots and the other is the whole mag
epoch .22 - JSB 25.39 - Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56 @ 100 yards
View attachment 452445
View attachment 452446View attachment 452447
Mike! Fantastic 100yd groups with your new Skout! I bet you went thru quite a few of the shallows.....QUICKLY! 😂👍 Well worth it!

Hello everyone,

Windy to say the least, 15 to 25 with gust to 30 mph :( . The top row I shot without taking the wind or flags into consideration :unsure:, I just shot until I finally hit the Bull :ROFLMAO:. The rest I tried to wait until the wind was blowing the least. My 10-meter flag would blow right to left while the 25-yard flag was blowing straight out left to right.

Range: Outdoor 25 - Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 15 to 25 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.160.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
YUP must shoot in all wind conditions . Good shooting for conditions .
Hello @beerthief

I do not get too upset when I miss a Bull when I shoot in these conditions, but it does make me try a bit harder. I am not good at reading the wind so I give it my best guess 😁 and let-er fly.

ThomasT

Reactions: beerthief
No better way to learn about wind than with a rifle you know is accurate!
Hello @manabeknives

You are right, but like I just told Stan I am lousy at wind reading. The good POI's on my card was when I simply waited for the wind to be at the lowest speed and then shoot. I am really comfortable shooting this Brocock Sniper XR now that I have a ton of pellets down the barrel, it is accurate.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
Hello everyone,

Starting a new post “What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today”. With Spring right around the corner we will be setting up our outdoor ranges shooting Paper Targets and other items. But I would like this thread to be exclusive shooting Paper Targets ONLY. There are a lot of really good Competition and Challenge threads on the Forum where we can offer our shot targets for the day. Here we can post all the other Paper Targets that we shoot and then share here. You can share any and all information about the target, gun, pellet, range, distance, weather conditions, etc, etc. that you wish. I am hoping this will encourage more folks to get out and shoot at least one Paper Target everyday.

I will start by offering a 25-Yard Score MOA target that I shot this morning before the rain started, with a score of 249. Used my FX Crown MK II .177 caliber rifle, with FX 13.4gr 4.52mm pellets, at 25-yards, cloudy overcast and no wind.

ThomasT

View attachment 334740
Got my butt kicked today at 25 meters
IMG_7504.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Windy to say the least, 15 to 25 with gust to 30 mph :( . The top row I shot without taking the wind or flags into consideration :unsure:, I just shot until I finally hit the Bull :ROFLMAO:. The rest I tried to wait until the wind was blowing the least. My 10-meter flag would blow right to left while the 25-yard flag was blowing straight out left to right.

Range: Outdoor 25 - Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 15 to 25 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 452895
In 25 yards where do you believe the wind most effects the pellets flight in the first half or second half of flight?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
In 25 yards where do you believe the wind most effects the pellets flight in the first half or second half of flight?
Hello @TimeRabbit

To be honest I am not sure. So many people believe in the first half because it is simply a matter of angle. Most likely the same amount of people believe in the last half.

Why I have a problem in deciding on one is because of the wind that I shot in yesterday. Example, my 10-meter flag would show wind coming from my right, while at the same time the 25-yard flag was showing a bit stronger wind coming from the left.

Many years ago when I was shooting competition powder burners on 100-yard range, the range itself had flags every 5-yards. The course had 10 lanes and on both sides were strings running from the bench area out to the targets. There were flags tied on the strings every 5-yards so you could see the wind condition along the entire length of the course. Sometime in "good" wind conditions all of the flags would blow in the same direction at about the same speed, ( ie. all the flags were barely moving from left to right ). In the bad or crazy conditions I have seen the flag movement in a serpentine pattern like a crawling snake.

You have asked a very good question.

ThomasT

Last edited:
Hello @TimeRabbit

To be honest I am not sure. So many people believe in the first half because it is simply a matter of angle. Most likely the same amount of people believe in the last half.

Why I have a problem in deciding on one is because of the wind that I shot in yesterday. Example, my 10-meter flag would show wind coming from my right, while at the same time the 25-yard flag was showing a bit stronger wind coming from the left.

Many years ago when I was shooting competition powder burners on 100-yard range, the range itself had flags every 5-yards. The course had 10 lanes and on both sides were strings running from the bench area out to the targets. There were flags tied on the strings every 5-yards so you could see the wind condition along the entire length of the course. Sometime in "good" wind conditions all of the flags would blow in the same direction at about the same speed, ( ie. all the flags were barely moving from left to right ). In the bad or crazy conditions I have seen the flag movement is a serpentine pattern like a crawling snake.

You have asked a very good question.

ThomasT
My only 93-96 yard option for shooting pellets is also in an area with lots of buildings. So, I have experienced wind shifts (even in relatively light winds) where the POI can shift from 2 inches left to 2 inches right of the POA. Sadly, I have no way to diagnose the wind nor any flags. Nor can I put any flags out.

Anyway, I recently saw a post that claimed "the wind is your friend"...

Well, it ain't mine no matter how they try to finagle that garbage! (chuckle)

All my best!

Kerry

My only 93-96 yard option for shooting pellets is also in an area with lots of buildings. So, I have experienced wind shifts (even in relatively light winds) where the POI can shift from 2 inches left to 2 inches right of the POA. Sadly, I have no way to diagnose the wind nor any flags. Nor can I put any flags out.

Anyway, I recently saw a post that claimed "the wind is your friend"...

Well, it ain't mine no matter how they try to finagle that garbage! (chuckle)

All my best!

Kerry
Hello @BackStop

I am curios if the author of that statement, "the wind is your friend", did he happen to mention what he was drinking 🥴 ?

ThomasT