What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

I got something new!
Had a really nice tax refund, so i decided to grab something that has really grabbed my interest..last one for a while .. how many of you have sadi that..lol
I was going to get one when they fist came out, but life got in the way.
One delay became another until it all fell into place and i purchased a Skout Epoch.
IMG_0137.jpeg

It's a BIG rifle...44 inches long with the moderator attached.
Extremely light trigger pull (more like a mouse click than a trigger pull) that i really need to get used to...as seen in shot 8
10m to target using 25.39 FX pellets
IMG_0138.jpeg

Shouldn't take too long to get some consistency to my hold and the way i approach the shot.
Hope to get some 100 yard shots in soon
This will be fun!

Last edited:
I got something new!
Had a really nice tax refund, so i decided to grab something that has really grabbed my interest..last one for a while .. how many of you have sadi that..lol
One delay became another until it all fell into place and i purchased a Skout Epoch.
View attachment 452156

Extremely light trigger pull (more like a mouse click than a trigger pull) that i really need to get used to...as seen in shot 8
View attachment 452157
Shouldn't take too long to get some consistency to my hold and the way i approach the shot.
This will be fun!
Congratulations Mike! That is one beautiful Skout! Have fun shooting that bad boy, nice first card!

I got something new!
View attachment 452156

View attachment 452157
This will be fun!
Hello @manabeknives

That is a really nice looking rifle and you did a great job on that target (y) (y) (y) :LOL:. Looking forward to some 50 and 100 yards shooting.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
I got something new!
View attachment 452156

View attachment 452157
This will be fun!
"I have three gun that have "mouse triggers" i am to the point i can take up first stage and not trigger the guns and just hold that until i am ready to shoot . wonderful when you can do that always every time .

I took some time between cleaning. It's windy again so I decided to use the house for a windbreak and shoot 18 yards. That is also the distance to my bird feeder that gets rodent activity, so two of these rifles are zeroed at this distance.

I thought a few on the Brocock target were misses, but the scoring plug gave it to me. The 8x of the Pard during the day is not the best, and its not a very good rifle for bench duty. But its great as a hunter/pester.

Optics
CZ200 Hunter Mag fed - Athlon Talos 10x42
Air Arms S200 SST - Sightron SII 36x
Brocock Concept Lite XR 22 - Pard DS35-50 shot at 8x

I took some time between cleaning. It's windy again so I decided to use the house for a windbreak and shoot 18 yards. That is also the distance to my bird feeder that gets rodent activity, so two of these rifles are zeroed at this distance.

I thought a few on the Brocock target were misses, but the scoring plug gave it to me. The 8x of the Pard during the day is not the best, and its not a very good rifle for bench duty. But its great as a hunter/pester.

Optics

Great shootin'. Always trust the gauge!

Reactions: ThomasT
Just a couple quick cards to test this coffee business of @beerthief . Stan, I'm gonna tell ya, no coffee before shooting! Target number one is before a cup and number two is after a cup. 🤣😂

View attachment 452265
Outstanding shooting! I was looking at the HW44 the past two days. This doesn't help me resisting.

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Outstanding shooting! I was looking at the HW44 the past two days. This doesn't help me resisting.
If you spring for one (I used AoA) have them tune it for you. They are a bugger for one of us uninformed to work on and no diagrams available that I know of. I had trigger set low (about 7 ounces) and tuned for 10 grain 177 pellets. I have settled on either FX 10 grainers or H&N Baracuda FT 9.57. They both hit poi the same. FX a little less consistent.

If you spring for one (I used AoA) have them tune it for you. They are a bugger for one of us uninformed to work on and no diagrams available that I know of. I had trigger set low (about 7 ounces) and tuned for 10 grain 177 pellets. I have settled on either FX 10 grainers or H&N Baracuda FT 9.57. They both hit poi the same. FX a little less consistent.
Thanks for the info. Yeah the FX pellets I get in 22 usually have damage, but the Air Arms 16 grains are usually really good. But the FX are a few bucks cheaper.

This is one of the mags I loaded to shoot the target I posted today. My Brocock is primarily a pesting/plinking rifle, and its plenty good at the distance I shoot it with just using pellets straight from the tin.

• Wow
Reactions: ThomasT

Optics

Hello @Florida_Man

That is three nice looking cards, well shot.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
  • Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Just a couple quick cards to test this coffee business of @beerthief . Stan, I'm gonna tell ya, no coffee before shooting! Target number one is before a cup and number two is after a cup. 🤣😂

View attachment 452265
5-shots!?!...Wow//just looks like 1
Outstanding!!
Do you really need such a big target if you are only go shot 1 hole?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Mike

Optics

You have a great collection of some fine shooters!!
Nice cards !!
Mike

Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
First outting to the range with the Epoch and i was not disappointed.
I really haven't done anything to the rifle's setting yet, just like it came from Skout
Used the JSB shallows 25.39g from the tin.
I used the magazine instead of single loading...Holds 30 shots!
The target is the one Thomas made that has the same dimensions as the ones used in the 100 yard competitions
Most of the targets are 10 shot groups.
on the bottom row, 1 group is 25 shots and the other is the whole mag
epoch .22 - JSB 25.39 - Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56 @ 100 yards
IMG_0141.jpeg

IMG_0142.jpeg
IMG_0143.jpeg

5-shots!?!...Wow//just looks like 1
Outstanding!!
Do you really need such a big target if you are only go shot 1 hole?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

You know I have told Ross before that he sure does waste a lot of paper 😁 😂.

ThomasT

First outting to the range with the Epoch and i was not disappointed.
I really haven't done anything to the rifle's setting yet, just like it came from Skout
Used the JSB shallows 25.39g from the tin.
I used the magazine instead of single loading...Holds 30 shots!
The target is the one Thomas made that has the same dimensions as the ones used in the 100 yard competitions
Most of the targets are 10 shot groups.
on the bottom row, 1 group is 25 shots and the other is the whole mag
epoch .22 - JSB 25.39 - Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56 @ 100 yards
View attachment 452445
View attachment 452446View attachment 452447
Hello @manabeknives

That is some fine shooting at 100 yards. Anything within the big red circle is really good. Looks like you had a great time.

ThomasT

Last edited: