What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Thanks for editing target 2 to 3. The red helps a lot.

IMG_3203.jpeg

Thanks for editing target 2 to 3. The red helps a lot.

View attachment 449924
Hello @rsfrid

Holly mackerel Ross, you didn't really need any if at all help, but ....... that is some beautiful shooting (y) (y) (y) (y) (y), I'm giving you my very rare 5-thumbs up on this card.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Had about a half hour today and shot outside (@50Y) for the first time this year. Testing a new tuner. Red numbers are different tuner settings. Thomas HPX, 22 MRDs unsorted direct from the tin. 5 shot groups except bull #24.

View attachment 450081
Tim, wonderful shooting with your HPX! You can definitely see some MRD fliers....were you able to get some of the new/old shallow skirt versions? I think those will be a godsend thru your HPX.....

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
IMG_7259.jpeg
Been really sick, have an almost intimate relationship with this viral infection that I have had 3 RELAPSES with...😳. Today I felt good enough to try Thomas's 3rd Edition card. I used the number to sight in, one shot then shot 7 shots thru the bullseye, there are tears on each side as I am only using thin card stock as backing. Really enjoyed shooting the card Thomas, thank you! Now...I just need to GET OVER THIS DARN flu......20yds....

Tim, wonderful shooting with your HPX! You can definitely see some MRD fliers....were you able to get some of the new/old shallow skirt versions? I think those will be a godsend thru your HPX.....
Thanks Randal. There weren’t any fliers. Group size variations were all from the tuner adjustment and barrel harmonics. Red numbers 17, 18 & 19 are honing in on a good vibration node. 18 & 19 had a wild shot to the right and that was wind and on me for a bad wind call. I’ve a lot more testing to do.

Last edited:
Had about a half hour today and shot outside (@50Y) for the first time this year. Testing a new tuner. Red numbers are different tuner settings. Thomas HPX, 22 MRDs unsorted direct from the tin. 5 shot groups except bull #24.

View attachment 450081
The 25 shot group looks good!
I'd ditch the MRDs and try the Shallows.. the weights were more consistent from the tin .. not as many weird weights on the extremes
A Thomas would be a dream to own..maybe someday
Nice tests Tim
Mike

View attachment 450138Been really sick, have an almost intimate relationship with this viral infection that I have had 3 RELAPSES with...😳. Today I felt good enough to try Thomas's 3rd Edition card. I used the number to sight in, one shot then shot 7 shots thru the bullseye, there are tears on each side as I am only using thin card stock as backing. Really enjoyed shooting the card Thomas, thank you! Now...I just need to GET OVER THIS DARN flu......20yds....
P A P E R!!! Lol
Sorry to hear that you have been ill, i hope you can shake it soon
Shots look great..Very consistent!
Feel better
Mike

Hi Mike,
I have some of the early shallows stashed back that I use for matches and they shoot very well. I've not tried any of the new ones yet. This HPX barrel shoots crazy good without a tuner but I wanted to see if I could improve on it any by using a tuner but my efforts may very well likely prove to be futile? I should have posted some targets without the tuner just as a comparison. I will do that when I have more free time and better weather conditions.

Hello everyone,

Between high wind conditions and a new project this week I have not had a complete diet of shooting some paper targets. However I did make up for a good amount of that this morning with wind at 3 to 5 mph. Shooting the New and Improved 3.0 General target I am really liking this light Red set of cross hairs in the 10-Ring, it is so much easier on my old eyes.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 3 to 5 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.158.jpg

Thanks Randal. There weren’t any fliers. Group size variations were all from the tuner adjustment and barrel harmonics. Red numbers 17, 18 & 19 are honing in on a good vibration node. 18 & 19 had a wild shot to the right and that was wind and on me for a bad wind call. I’ve a lot more testing to do.

Hello everyone,

Between high wind conditions and a new project this week I have not had a complete diet of shooting some paper targets. However I did make up for a good amount of that this morning with wind at 3 to 5 mph. Shooting the New and Improved 3.0 General target I am really liking this light Red set of cross hairs in the 10-Ring, it is so much easier on my old eyes.

ThomasT

View attachment 450546
Thomas, glad you we're finally able to get some shooting in, fantastic card, and, yes, I too like your new revised card!

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
I have not shot my D54 in .22 for a while so I shot it this morning at 20 meters. All 5 shot groups. 3 with 15.89 JSBs and one with JTS 16.01. You can see the JTS strung vertically with this tune. But when tuned for JTSs they actually shot the best last summer at 100 yards. Now tuned for the JSBs it shot 3 back to back nice groups. The smallest measured C2C with a Hart measuring device at .040. This might be the
20240330_135324.jpg
best group I have shot with this gun at 20 meters. I love shooting this rifle. But.....Is it the Indian or the rifle. LOL.

I have not shot my D54 in .22 for a while so I shot it this morning at 20 meters. All 5 shot groups. 3 with 15.89 JSBs and one with JTS 16.01. You can see the JTS strung vertically with this tune. But when tuned for JTSs they actually shot the best last summer at 100 yards. Now tuned for the JSBs it shot 3 back to back nice groups. The smallest measured C2C with a Hart measuring device at .040. This might be the View attachment 450606best group I have shot with this gun at 20 meters. I love shooting this rifle. But.....Is it the Indian or the rifle. LOL.
I had a D48 .22! They are a beast but fun to shoot! Excellent shooting there!

• Love
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 450546
Another great card Thomas. Nice shooting.

• Love
Well not today and no pictures, but I like to shoot playing cards. Buy cheep decks of cards from Dollar Tree. The added thickness gives cleaner holes. Each diamond, heart, spade, or clover on each card is a target, and then there are the faces of the face cards 😁. For me they are fun, cheap targets.

Well not today and no pictures, but I like to shoot playing cards. Buy cheep decks of cards from Dollar Tree. The added thickness gives cleaner holes. Each diamond, heart, spade, or clover on each card is a target, and then there are the faces of the face cards 😁. For me they are fun, cheap targets.
Genius! Playing cards have very thick card stock! Thanks! 🤗

Reactions: Redtick12