• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

interesting target..never seen that one before..like it!
Your USFT is a shooter!! Always thought they were kinda weird looking, but love the beauty of it's accuracy!
Which barrel do you have on it?
Mike
It’s a Match barrel but not the exotic two groove type. Can’t remember who makes it. If I find out, I’ll let you know.

Reactions: ThomasT
It’s a Match barrel but not the exotic two groove type. Can’t remember who makes it. If I find out, I’ll let you know.
Those 2 grooved barrels are something else. I remember LD telling me about them and difficulties in making them. It's a huge amount of material being removed by the button. Only seen 2 of them at LD's ranch.

You wouldn't happen to have a PDF version of this target would you? The one that's attached to the post is a 10m target instead!

Hello everyone,

Starting a new post “What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today”. With Spring right around the corner we will be setting up our outdoor ranges shooting Paper Targets and other items. But I would like this thread to be exclusive shooting Paper Targets ONLY. There are a lot of really good Competition and Challenge threads on the Forum where we can offer our shot targets for the day. Here we can post all the other Paper Targets that we shoot and then share here. You can share any and all information about the target, gun, pellet, range, distance, weather conditions, etc, etc. that you wish. I am hoping this will encourage more folks to get out and shoot at least one Paper Target everyday.

I will start by offering a 25-Yard Score MOA target that I shot this morning before the rain started, with a score of 249. Used my FX Crown MK II .177 caliber rifle, with FX 13.4gr 4.52mm pellets, at 25-yards, cloudy overcast and no wind.

ThomasT

View attachment 334740
Shooting c

Those 2 grooved barrels are something else. I remember LD telling me about them and difficulties in making them. It's a huge amount of material being removed by the button. Only seen 2 of them at LD's ranch.
Are you referring to the super special two-groove benchmark barrels?

Thats what i am talking about for groups, when i shoot short range and dont get that i am saddened,,,,,, needless to say most of those times i am bordering a severe depression.

Always get a shot of nostalgia opening my hard cases, CUZ i use old .22 tins for spare parts.
These suckers ( 5.52 mm ) flew excellent out of my Cyclone, well at least as far as the very short distances we shot back then over a decade ago.

View attachment 439292
It’s not your imagination a friend has several tins of these old stock and they shoot better than the current stuff.

Got to the 20y indoor again with my Thomas BR and played with both 10.3s (top row) and 13.43s (bottom row). Due to recent unexpected flyer shots, I had done a deep cleaning with very eight careful strokes of a bronze brush and hoppes #9. Then I pulled patches until clean and shot these groups. That’s definitely not going to be a routine thing but the results were worth it. Groups are a minimum of ten shots.

The 13.43s are a much better than average tin but not sorted or culled. So that’s really encouraging. I’m figuring out a couple of things that this barrel likes but not getting too excited about 20y indoor groups because I need it to perform well out to 55y.

IMG_4331.jpeg

Last edited:
I have created a variety of targets for 10 yard, 25 yard, and 50 foot and even 100 yard that I can print (I use 60lb card stock) for practice.
Here is my favorite for just shooting a lot of practice shots (120) based on the 25 yard 2mm 10X zone.

View attachment 438465
very nice ,Thankyou very much stan in Ky

Got out again with my Thomas BR and played with both 10.3s (top row) and 13.43s (bottom row). Due to recent unexpected flyer shots, I had done a deep cleaning with very eight careful strokes of a bronze brush and hoppes #9. Then I pulled patches until clean and shot these groups. That’s definitely not going to be a routine thing but the results were worth it. Groups are a minimum of ten shots.

The 13.43s are a much better than average tin but not sorted or culled. So that’s really encouraging. I’m figuring out a couple of things that this barrel likes but not getting too excited about 20y indoor groups because I need it to perform well out to 55y.

View attachment 440003
Hello @dgeesaman

Nice card and very well shot 😁

ThomasT

Reactions: dgeesaman
Got out again with my Thomas BR and played with both 10.3s (top row) and 13.43s (bottom row). Due to recent unexpected flyer shots, I had done a deep cleaning with very eight careful strokes of a bronze brush and hoppes #9. Then I pulled patches until clean and shot these groups. That’s definitely not going to be a routine thing but the results were worth it. Groups are a minimum of ten shots.

View attachment 440003
Did not realize 10 shot each at first glance b4 reading , very nice indeed ! today wind is presenting a fun shoot , 3 mph then all of a sudden 16 mph gusting 2 or 3 minutes later back to 3 or 5 mph . You can guess just when the gusts hit ...right Murphy's law at work . yes i have a wind meter ( areo*%%#ter )

Did not realize 10 shot each at first glance b4 reading , very nice indeed ! today wind is presenting a fun shoot , 3 mph then all of a sudden 16 mph gusting 2 or 3 minutes later back to 3 or 5 mph . You can guess just when the gusts hit ...right Murphy's law at work . yes i have a wind meter ( areo*%%#ter )
There would be no one hole groups if I was outdoors!

Soon though. Weather is turning more favorable and there will be enough daylight for me to stop at the club after work.

Hello everyone

This afternoon I decided to test the AEA Center Punch pellets in my Air Venturi Avenger and was surprised at the results. This little rifle likes almost every pellet but in this case no so much. After shooting this terrible paper target and just for grins I shot the last five Sighters with JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr pellets, inside the blue box. I didn’t even adjust the scope for the JSB and they were spot on.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger Gen I, Regulated, .22 caliber
Scope: Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50 FFP
Pellets: AEA Center Punch 18.3gr
FPS: ?
FPE: ?
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

Avenger 111.jpg

Hello everyone

This afternoon I decided to test the AEA Center Punch pellets in my Air Venturi Avenger and was surprised at the results. This little rifle likes almost every pellet but in this case no so much. After shooting this terrible paper target and just for grins I shot the last five Sighters with JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr pellets, inside the blue box. I didn’t even adjust the scope for the JSB and they were spot on.

ThomasT

View attachment 440179

Hi Thomas
Suprising!
The avenger does not like them one bit
I had to re-read and make sure that was 10m?!?
not 1 clean center shot..#5 come close, but at 10m! WOW
Shocker

Hi Thomas
Suprising!
The avenger does not like them one bit
I had to re-read and make sure that was 10m?!?
not 1 clean center shot..#5 come close, but at 10m! WOW
Shocker
Hello @manabeknives

Now I can add two more Tins of pellets to my "plinking pellets" stock :ROFLMAO: :(

ThomasT

Hello everyone

ThomasT

View attachment 440179Well Thomas, your Avenger barrel finally met its match....😂....or should I say it's kyrptonite (AEA Center Punch)!

• Wow
When you find one that works well, buy up a bunch and quit experimenting. That's why I have so many tins - a separate stash for each rifle. I rarely experiment.
Hello @rsfrid

OK that makes 100% complete sense :geek:. However ................ what if there is that magic pellet that shoots a perfect bullseye every time :unsure:, hummmmm I think I need help :confused:

ThomasT