• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Thomas....you da MAN! Great patience and wonderful card! My nose is leaking like a faucet...coming down with something so no shooting or I will dribble all over my RAW and that is a PARTY FOUL....😂 Enjoy the weekend!
Hello @Ranchibi

Sorry to hear that you are not up to par and not feeling well enough to even shoot your rifle, :sick: . Drink plenty of liquids 🥴😵‍💫🥴and ........

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Ok, 1 good target, 1 crappy target. But, it did get me a win at our match today. 20 meters/ 22 yards bench rest, the quarters are to show the size of our animals. Spring guns only, TX 200, Pg4 kit, trigger 4 oz, and AirvArms 10.33 5.52 pellets at 806 fps. Fun match, too bad more aren't willing to compete, we have a good group.View attachment 439017View attachment 439018
Hello @JEFFPPC

Nice looking cards and congrats on the win. Boy if you had weather like I did today, you should have had a ton of folks show up for the meet.

ThomasT

Ok, 1 good target, 1 crappy target. But, it did get me a win at our match today. 20 meters/ 22 yards bench rest, the quarters are to show the size of our animals. Spring guns only, TX 200, Pg4 kit, trigger 4 oz, and AirvArms 10.33 5.52 pellets at 806 fps. Fun match, too bad more aren't willing to compete, we have a good group.View attachment 439017View attachment 439018
Excellent cards and congratulations on your win! Lots of deceased 2D creatures there....😂👍

Hello everyone,

OK, Mike / @manabeknives Sent me some information about the new AEA pellets and I ordered some in 22 cal and received them late yesterday. So first light this morning I started shooting a lot of paper targets and first at 10-Meters. Well that is a no-brainer ..... wow the AEA placed almost every POI cleanly within the Ring with only one fully breaking the line and on #6 I will take the blame for that.

Next up the 25-yard test and I only shot this one card so it is not a complete or fair test. I will shoot these pellets more over the next couple of days, but an early assessment on my part is I am not impressed so far.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters and 25 - Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Minotaur Gen2 12-60x60 MFL FFP
Pellets: AEA Center Punch 18.3gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 0 to 5 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.144.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.145.jpg

Hi Thomas
Thanks for "biting the pellet" and testing out a new brand.
So glad that you stretched out the yardage to 25! Really shows things can fall apart at distance.
Got a message from Pyramid that the MRD shallow and deep now in stock. I put in an order for the shallows..will post some cards when they arrive.
Thanks for the tesing Thomas
Mike

Took a little time out from sorting pellets for the Atomic 22cal and shot a couple targets to be sure my eye was still on. This pellet sorting is tedious but needs to be done for max consistency. These are shot with some of the newly sorted pellets — 5.56 head size. Both sub moa.
IMG_3104.jpeg

IMG_3105.jpeg

Hello everyone,

OK, Mike / @manabeknives Sent me some information about the new AEA pellets and I ordered some in 22 cal and received them late yesterday. So first light this morning I started shooting a lot of paper targets and first at 10-Meters. Well that is a no-brainer ..... wow the AEA placed almost every POI cleanly within the Ring with only one fully breaking the line and on #6 I will take the blame for that.

Next up the 25-yard test and I only shot this one card so it is not a complete or fair test. I will shoot these pellets more over the next couple of days, but an early assessment on my part is I am not impressed so far.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters and 25 - Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Minotaur Gen2 12-60x60 MFL FFP
Pellets: AEA Center Punch 18.3gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 0 to 5 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 439237View attachment 439238
Took a little time out from sorting pellets for the Atomic 22cal and shot a couple targets to be sure my eye was still on. This pellet sorting is tedious but needs to be done for max consistency. These are shot with some of the newly sorted pellets — 5.56 head size. Both sub moa.
View attachment 439287
View attachment 439288
Ross! You still have it! 2 PERFECT cards! Awesome shooting sir! And, all your hard work sorting pays off each and every time!

View attachment 439287
View attachment 439288
I'm barely that steady with a rest....DAMMM!!
Sweet cards Ross

sorting pellets
Thats what i am talking about for groups, when i shoot short range and dont get that i am saddened,,,,,, needless to say most of those times i am bordering a severe depression.

Always get a shot of nostalgia opening my hard cases, CUZ i use old .22 tins for spare parts.
These suckers ( 5.52 mm ) flew excellent out of my Cyclone, well at least as far as the very short distances we shot back then over a decade ago.

.22havy.jpg

No those are from 2012, a couple of tins actually lasted thru my lengthy pause from air gunning and until 2019 or so.
I have a new stash of 7 tins but they are the new tins of course, and even if i dont really shoot my old .22 Cyclone anymore.

But i figured " you have a .22 rifle ( even though i am not really supposed to CUZ the changed the law in 2013 ) so you better have some ammo for it too.
Both 15 and 18 grain worked fine in the old school ST barrel of the Cyclone and my friends Cutlass, so thats what we shot back then.

Reactions: ThomasT
View attachment 439287
View attachment 439288
Hello @rsfrid

That is some pretty neat and very small holes in those cards, that is some great shooting (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: manabeknives
Hi Thomas
Thanks for "biting the pellet" and testing out a new brand.
So glad that you stretched out the yardage to 25! Really shows things can fall apart at distance.
Got a message from Pyramid that the MRD shallow and deep now in stock. I put in an order for the shallows..will post some cards when they arrive.
Thanks for the tesing Thomas
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

I still need to do a lot more testing at 25-yards before I can make a decision. Boy they sure do shoot 10-Meters good.

ThomasT

Thats what i am talking about for groups, when i shoot short range and dont get that i am saddened,,,,,, needless to say most of those times i am bordering a severe depression.

Always get a shot of nostalgia opening my hard cases, CUZ i use old .22 tins for spare parts.
These suckers ( 5.52 mm ) flew excellent out of my Cyclone, well at least as far as the very short distances we shot back then over a decade ago.

View attachment 439292
I believe I have some tins of the older orange/pink tins of JSB 15.89gr ....bought them from Joe B awhile back and them stored away. I either shoot 18gr or 13-14gr, haven't shot 16gr in a long time.

Spring 4 Corner Target
Sighted with and First Row JSB Heavy 10.34
Rows 2 and 3 with AA 10.3's 4.52 mm
No adjustment for Wind, just shooting the corners.
View attachment 439820View attachment 439821
interesting target..never seen that one before..like it!
Your USFT is a shooter!! Always thought they were kinda weird looking, but love the beauty of it's accuracy!
Which barrel do you have on it?
Mike